Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do many sisters like the outdoors?

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
    I prefer being indoors, not an outdoor person at all. and anyway this stuff is really difficult to do in full hijab and probably not safe either. you don't have to go mountain climbing to exercise.
    every now and then my friends will try and get me to try an outdoor activity - but no, it's not happening. I had an awful time with the last 'outdoor activity'

you don't want to go paintballing trust me. you might not be able to wear a decent hijab plus it's horrible, horrible, horrible.... and painful.
    I'll never end up doing it but you can't deny it looks so fun
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Love it.

I'm a regular swimmer. Have recently moved to an area where it's possible to go on long walks.
      Whenever, I've travelled I've sought out places where we can go camping, hiking, see natural scenery etc

However, having said that. All of the above is only made possible due to the safety of the place I live in and the weather.

I could rarely do the above when I lived in London.
      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

I climbed Snowdon once, and never again. The next day I felt like someone had beaten me up.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
          I climbed Snowdon once, and never again. The next day I felt like someone had beaten me up.
          :shock: same, it was torture climbing it. I don't see how people do it for fun they must be mad
          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            Sister Faatima, my brother also said it's painful, I wouldn't recommend unless you really want get 'beaten' up lol
            the group of girls who went were complaining about the pain for days afterwards.
            the worst part was they almost injured themselves badly because they didn't know what they were doing.

and unless you get the place for yourselves, there's too many men around
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

PLEAAASE. I don't love the outdoors i breathe the outdoors. But then again i probably inherited that love of outdoors from my father, not my mother.

Oh man, i do love the outdoors.

Having owned a caravan, my parents and i used to travel the world. I do not recall one year of which we haven't travelled. It was beautiful.

Currently

I canoed as best as i can, i realized muscles are required for that which i do not have any :( sad times
              i have swam in tides... not a good idea, crazy times, idk what i was thinking but i probably should have been more careful considering i was old enough to know. Shame on me
              I have cycled through those forests for tourists. meh not that adventurous
              CAMPED... how can i forget camping, with caravans, or tents... i love camping, sleeping bag and a pot noodles and i am satisfied. A bit scary though lol

My brother is really hyped over skiing, so hopefully i will go atleast once with him to somewhere to ski, for the first time, after some practices.

Other things i intend to do, would be parachuting. Even the thought of parachuting is exciting me.

But i think the older i will get, the more i will probably calm down... i guess when you have responsibilities there is no time for fun.
              Bye...

Comment

Love the outdoors but I too can have a hard time finding sisters who want to join. But they do exist.
                Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

:salams

I love the outdoors and try to get out whenever I can. I much prefer it to a work out!
                  I go for country walks and also ride horses, which I do mainly at a friend's private yard away from prying eyes.
                  Being outdoors and not knowing who you might bump into does present its problems, but it's not that difficult to stay weatherproof and modest at the same time, at least in the cooler seasons. The only time I struggle a bit is in hot weather really.
                  Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

I think a lot of girls would like to be active. I think it's more about not having as much opportunity to do certain things while remaining covered properly.
                    Personally, I have to do something active every day. It's like essential to my mood.
                    Tennis, bicycling or if nothing else I just get on the treadmill in the privacy of my own home. But seriously, if I don't do some kind of cardio for more than a week, I can feel myself getting crabby haha.
                    Fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X