Do many sisters like the outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do many sisters like the outdoors?

From my understanding, there a very few Muslim sisters who like the outdoors, going for a hike, trekking, climbing, cycling, camping etc.

I love the outdoors and the natural landscapes out there. I love going through a moderately difficult trek to reach the top of a mountain, or whiz through rocky areas through flowing watercourses.

Sisters within my family are happy to just sit around, have a pleasant chat, talk about clothes, or special occasions, and eat chocolate and cakes. They do little exercise and arn't too fond of doing something that might seem a little demanding. I appreciate the sisters are physically less capable, but I've observed many cheerful looking non-Muslims (first glance is allowed...hah) hiking around everywhere.

So I ask, how many of you like being out there? And if not, why not? (Yes, having a wife up for things like this would be great, but I can't add that to my already "long" list of requirements)

Re: Do many sisters like the outdoors?

I like the outdoors except for cycling (cant ride) and camping!
    I think women find it harder due to the fact that toilets are hard to reach and that time of the month thing just gets in the way.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Lol that's true. It's a bad mentality within the community that anything that requires a little physical and mental exertion should be avoided.

Comment

As long as hijab can be correctly worn, the outdoors are a fresh of breath air.
        Who can so no to long walks in beautiful surroundings, camping, climbing ... especially if in a new environment to your own ?

Our Earth is vast and there's so much to see.
        But yh, as long as we can observe hijab without difficulty.
        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
        علي الحبشي

Comment

Loooool I like the outdoors too, except for mountain climbing -.- been there done that, I was pretty much crawling my way through
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

It's not easy with abaya and hijab , at least not for me.
            Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

cycling - love it but not practical with an abaya.
              walking - love it
              hiking - would love it as well
              paintballing k- omg i want to really try this out. if you ever do this, please let me know an i'll come with you. i think i would be a really good markmen and jsut shoot out all the enemy
              campoing - eeeuuugh only if its glamping with proper toilet faciliites

yeah i reckon there's loads of women out there who like thse things
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                cycling - love it but not practical with an abaya.
                walking - love it
                hiking - would love it as well
                paintballing k- omg i want to really try this out. if you ever do this, please let me know an i'll come with you. i think i would be a really good markmen and jsut shoot out all the enemy

paintballing is quite painful from what I know, I have never been but my bro has, the paint is shot at quite a high speed, if they hit you in the right spots you can even bruise

most camping sites around here have proper facilities, I am sure you could find some around your area too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maaru View Post
                  paintballing is quite painful from what I know, I have never been but my bro has, the paint is shot at quite a high speed, if they hit you in the right spots you can even bruise

most camping sites around here have proper facilities, I am sure you could find some around your area too.
                  who said I'M going tto get hit??
                  Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                  __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                  If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

who said I'M going tto get hit??
                    trust me you will, let's just hope it's not in the eye lol

Comment

trust me you will, let's just hope it's not in the eye lol
                      lool

i just want to try it out once before i get too old to run.

but sisters dont things like this :(

Comment

lool

i just want to try it out once before i get too old to run.

but sisters dont things like this :(

you don't have to go with sisters, go with family, your mahrams, kids etc.

Comment

you don't have to go with sisters, go with family, your mahrams, kids etc.
                          :up:

Comment

- l

Lol a sister playing paintball. My friends went once and they had so many bruises when they came back. And you will most likely get hit, unless your a camper.
                            Yaa Muqallib al Quloob thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                            O Turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your Deen

Comment

Originally posted by no.name View Post
                              Lol a sister playing paintball. My friends went once and they had so many bruises when they came back. And you will most likely get hit, unless your a camper.
                              and whats so funny about that.

i'm gonna go with my kids when they're teenagers.

the problem is i could go with all my siblings but after a lifetime of being bossed around by me, i think i might be no1 target

Comment

Working...
                              X