Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be haram or wrong to be a vegetarian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be haram or wrong to be a vegetarian?

I wanna become a vegetarian but would it be haram because the Prophet (pbuh) ate meat and meat isn't forbidden. This is just a personal choice of mine but would it still be haram or wrong?
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Re: Would it be haram or wrong to be a vegetarian?

I wanted to ask this too, I saw an article where an Arab woman was defending her right to be vegan and how it was not unislamic.

Comment

Why do you want to become a vegetarian?

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
        I wanted to ask this too, I saw an article where an Arab woman was defending her right to be vegan and how it was not unislamic.
        Unislamic to what eat animals?
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
          I wanna become a vegetarian but would it be haram because the Prophet (pbuh) ate meat and meat isn't forbidden. This is just a personal choice of mine but would it still be haram or wrong?
          It is NOT haraam. There is nothing wrong with just eating veggies, but too much of one thing is good for nothing and even though it is not haraam, it is recommended because Allah has put the animals on the earth for us to eat. You may end up lacking some stuff and find you may get weaker in your body because you are missing all that nutrients from meat for a long period of time. Chicken and sheep is some of the best meats and milk is very good.

I want to be a doctor when I'm older.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
            Why do you want to become a vegetarian?
            I think its because I raise animals like chickens and goats that I've grown a connection with animals like them that I don't want to eat animals anymore just because it feels wrong to me

Comment

Originally posted by POWER View Post
              It is NOT haraam. There is nothing wrong with just eating veggies, but too much of one thing is good for nothing and even though it is not haraam, it is recommended because Allah has put the animals on the earth for us to eat. You may end up lacking some stuff and find you may get weaker in your body because you are missing all that nutrients from meat for a long period of time. Chicken and sheep is some of the best meats and milk is very good.

I want to be a doctor when I'm older.
              They are called vitamins ^______^

Comment

Unislamic to what eat animals?
                No, she was saying that being a vegan was not unislamic. She gave some proofs but I wasn't really convinced by her.

Comment

No, she was saying that being a vegan was not unislamic. She gave some proofs but I wasn't really convinced by her.
                  Vegan is a little extreme for me. But it wouldn't be bidah for me to become vegetarian?

Comment

Vegetarianism is stupid

And why do you have so many posts? Youve only been here for like 5 months and u already have 6k posts? Dont u have a life?
                    Last edited by Talwaar; 19-10-13, 08:06 PM.
                    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                      Vegetarianism is stupid
                      That's your opinion although you could have said something nicer like "I wouldn't ever think being vegetarian." or something of the sort this is MY opinion and calling it stupid is rude

Comment

Vegan is a little extreme for me. But it wouldn't be bidah for me to become vegetarian?
                        Ruling on not eating meat or dairy products (veganism)

It seems like it depends on why you are doing it.

Comment

Everyone is a veggie and some are both veg and non vegetarian

So I am not sure how it would be against Islam to be a vegetarian as nobody can be a purely non vegetarian like lions do

Of course, being a veggie only or non vegetarian doesn't give anybody right to insult others food habits

So I think, so far as one is respectful and not against non vegetarians, being a veggie should not be a problem
                          Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Ruling on not eating meat or dairy products (veganism)

It seems like it depends on why you are doing it.
                            Oh praise Allah =D

:jkk: a million times for this

Comment

Ur missin out on such great food if u deny urself meat......but ur choice, so long as u don't think it to be haram...or anything
                              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                              X