Applying for secondary school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for secondary school

I have to apply for secondary school for my son before 31 October but i dont want to do it.

I applied last year for my daughter and despite listing 6 schools, we failed to get a place at any of those 6 places (distance fromschool being strongest criteria) and i was really disappointed for a while after taht.

Now, i have to do it again and i've created a mental block.
    I haven't even looked at teh schools, their requriements, haven't even gone through the non-verbal reasoning tests with my son, haven't even started to apply nor think about what schoosl to go for.

This time last year i had by this stage done everything and was in the process of going through the tests with my daughter.
    This year - i've just lost the will to even try :(

i feel like i'm really failing my son.
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Re: Applying for secondary school

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    I have to apply for secondary school for my son before 31 October but i dont want to do it.

I applied last year for my daughter and despite listing 6 schools, we failed to get a place at any of those 6 places (distance fromschool being strongest criteria) and i was really disappointed for a while after taht.

Now, i have to do it again and i've created a mental block.
    I haven't even looked at teh schools, their requriements, haven't even gone through the non-verbal reasoning tests with my son, haven't even started to apply nor think about what schoosl to go for.

This time last year i had by this stage done everything and was in the process of going through the tests with my daughter.
    This year - i've just lost the will to even try :(

i feel like i'm really failing my son.
    well, you have to motivate yourself. Get family involved. Realise that by working hard now, it will pay off in the future.

Organise a timetable for him to study and prepare and stick to it. Like a couple of hours each day.

Speak to other mothers on how they are going through the process. Or check online.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Like I said I've created a mental block in my head.

I didnt realise how involved i was in the dunya until I got really upset about my daughter not getting in.

Stupid really

:jkk: brother

Will ask sisters to help me out
      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Have you thought about homeschooling your children. A family member could do it or a friend.

Are there any islamic schools in your area.
        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

no because i work and yes, but they are fee paying schools.
          even the subsidises places require you to pay a least 50% or something like that.

Comment

it's understandable, however, I hope you don't mind me being harsh here, but it's very irresponsible.

it's your child's future and to give up that easily is not something you should do in any way.

you're going to have to apply for it and give your child that chance for an education .

it's not being a failure, but it's very unfair on your child to not give him the chance.

I think you should put your all into this as you know it's just temporary.
            DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Of course I will apply but after all the effort I put into it last year, and all the hope I had, I don't have the energy to do so

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                Of course I will apply but after all the effort I put into it last year, and all the hope I had, I don't have the energy to do so

:jkk:
                As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Don't be so judgmental about the outcome and remember that whatever happens Allah will do the best for you.

Be strong and don't fail in your responsibilities.

May Allah make it easy for you, guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

:jzk: in sha allah will start looking at the application process tonight.

yes, allah will do the best for me and i always put my trust in him. I guess my chidlren are my weakness. I just wanted a better start in life for them, but only allah knows what wisdom there is behind something.

Comment

Done at last. Alhamdulillah

So no need to worry about this until MArch :)

Comment

Working...
                    X