Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Tips on activitites

Asalamo aleikom.

I'm a board member of an muslim student association, and we want to arrange some weekly activities for our members in college. Do you guys have any tips you can share with us regarding what kind of activites we could run on a weekly basis?. I've thought about study circles, but i need study material for that. Is there any material online that one can print out and teach?. Some kind of lesson plan or something similar..

Last time we had an islamic quiz which was succesful alhamdulilah, but it might be boring if we stick to that every time....

Re: Requesting Tips on activitites

Wassalam
    Hopefully there'l be members on here who have tips and ideas to share.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by NightSky View Post
      Asalamo aleikom.

I'm a board member of an muslim student association, and we want to arrange some weekly activities for our members in college. Do you guys have any tips you can share with us regarding what kind of activites we could run on a weekly basis?. I've thought about study circles, but i need study material for that. Is there any material online that one can print out and teach?. Some kind of lesson plan or something similar..

Last time we had an islamic quiz which was succesful alhamdulilah, but it might be boring if we stick to that every time....
      Wa'alaikum salaam..

We have a programme where the brothers wake each other up for fajr on weekends, pray together and then have a short usrah/discussion before having breakfast and playing sports together.

Of course this is only gonna work if most of the members live close to each other! The turnout tends to fluctuate a lot though, depending on the weather :p

Comment

Originally posted by NightSky View Post
        Asalamo aleikom.

:wswrwb:

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.
        So insha'Allah I'd be able to get some ideas here as well.

Depending on the people you have available you could have Arabic classes as well as Tajweed classes.
        Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Back in them days we used to have a Quran competition where each person was required to memorize at least 3/5 surah, and also a quiz to go with it, was great fun tbh, and the ones that came 1,2,3 get a a price :up: I miss them days :(.

As for the Arabic classes, I think rather than just always doing the same thing over and over, which is quite boring yall should spice it up a bit, maybe have days where they get to watch Arabic cartoons and you get them to try to translate, or have quiz times, make it a challenge for them... idk just make it fun that way it keeps them focused and it's more easier to learn
          Last edited by *sheba*; 21-10-13, 06:46 AM.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

:wswrwb:

For how many hours?

You can start with stories of the prophets series
            Basic fiqh lessons
            Seerah of Rasulullaah :saw:
            Stories/biographies of the sahabah

and quizes are NEVER boring, so do keep it this time too.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
            O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X