Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been criticised because you're an introvert/not like everyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been criticised because you're an introvert/not like everyone else?

Today on Eid I thought it would be a wonderful day. but my family still didn't forget to criticize me because I'm an introvert, or not a 'girly girl' who loves getting dressed up in fancy clothes n wearing makeup n everything else a women should be like, just like they've done to me everyday for the past 3/4 years. I've gotten depression because of it now, but this is something they're unaware of. Before I was Have you ever been criticised for being an Introvert/Like everyone elseon my way to becoming a good practising Muslim. I'd started reading salah and Quran whenever I could. But everytime they critisized me Ive strayed from my path n forgotten all about praying. I almost blame Allah for my problems and I hate myself for feeling like that. I just feel like he hasn't granted me the strength to deal with it, because I end up getting tears in my eyes when it happens.
    Has anyone else been through something like this? How did u deal with it? Please give me some Words of encouragement or advice. I'm getting the feeling that I don't want to be a Muslim anymore and I don't know what to do

Re: Have you ever been criticised because you're an introvert/not like everyone else?

Originally posted by QuietYetHappy View Post
    Today on Eid I thought it would be a wonderful day. but my family still didn't forget to criticize me because I'm an introvert, or not a 'girly girl' who loves getting dressed up in fancy clothes n wearing makeup n everything else a women should be like, just like they've done to me everyday for the past 3/4 years. I've gotten depression because of it now, but this is something they're unaware of. Before I was Have you ever been criticised for being an Introvert/Like everyone elseon my way to becoming a good practising Muslim. I'd started reading salah and Quran whenever I could. But everytime they critisized me Ive strayed from my path n forgotten all about praying. I almost blame Allah for my problems and I hate myself for feeling like that. I just feel like he hasn't granted me the strength to deal with it, because I end up getting tears in my eyes when it happens.
    Has anyone else been through something like this? How did u deal with it? Please give me some Words of encouragement or advice. I'm getting the feeling that I don't want to be a Muslim anymore and I don't know what to do

I know where you're coming from. Something similar has happened to me. Allah says He is the Best Judge and the only thing He judges a person on is his/her piety. Everything else does not matter in the eyes of Allah.

People are gonna hate you, rate you, shake you, break you but how strong you stand is what makes you.

It looks as if Allah is testing your iman and He only tests those who He loves. It is a great honour to be tested by Allah.

Comment

Re: Have you ever been criticised because you're an introvert/not like everyone else?

Allah doesn't burden man more than he can bear. Just look at it like another sub test of life. Life is one big test, composed of many smaller tests.

And as much as you don't want want to, try to refrain from saying its Allahs fault when clearly He is at no fault whatsoever. Allah doesn't cause problems, man is the epitome of problems.
      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Yup! All the time. You're not alone, unfortunately (for me) within the Asian culture if you're not a big mouth there's something wrong with you. I've been made to feel like there's something "wrong" with me since a young age but as I've grown I've learnt being quiet and listening is more important than trying to get your voice heard
        My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
        As You have sanctified Your house,
        Make my heart as protected and as honoured
        In which permission of entry
        Is only granted to a few,
        Please Allah, allow my heart
        To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
        when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
        In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

I got critizised at school by my muslim friends at school for wearing english clothes for the eid party. My non-muslim friends stuck up for me.

Comment

Have you ever been criticised because you're an introvert/not like everyone else?

don worry you are not alone. . I too get depressed at times . Insha allah allsh will guide us in good way. he is testing your iman. don't go back try your best to practice on deen

Comment

You are going to have to be blunt and tell them you don't appreciate their comments and that they should be encouraging you for trying to practice your faith not demeaning you. Also tell them you don't want to be like them, tell them everyone should be like the prophet's wives, tell them these practices are wrong :

The Prophet said: "A woman should be concealed, for when she goes out, the devil looks at her." (Tirmidhi, Hadith no. 3109)
              Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If a woman uses perfume and passes the people so that they may get its odour, she is so-and-so, meaning severe remarks. (Sunan Abu Dawud Book #33, Hadith #4161)
              Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said this: Two are the types of the denizens of Hell whom I did not see: people having flogs like the tails of the ox with them and they would be beating people, and the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked, who would be inclined (to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it. Their heads would be like the humps of the bukht camel inclined to one side. They will not enter Paradise and they would not smell its odour whereas its odour would be smelt from such and such distance. (Sahih Muslim. Book #024, Hadith #5310)
              Tell them this is the path you have taken and their hurtful comments will not change you. If they give you the standard crap about how religion was for then and now it's different you tell them the God you believe in knows the future and if the best of people are judged, if people in the future are judged (at the time of the Mahdi, Jesus and Djaal) who are they to think they will not be judged? Who are they to think what applies to the best women i.e. the wives of the prophets :saw: and their companions, does not apply to them?

Your reward for enduring this will be a good husband :insha:
              "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Do you mean when you are going out or when you are staying indoors?

If you mean when you are indoors then I guess just be yourself. Some people tell me that I should do this or that but I really don't care. People will always nitpick, trust me nothing will ever be perfect for them. They will always have 'suggestions' for you.

As long as you are not going out of your way to resemble men then I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Because dressing up like a man is completely haraam and such people are cursed. I seek refuge in Allah from that.

Just tell them that different girls have different personalities. Some like plaid others love pink flowery glittery stuff. It is all about taste.

Try to do your best when it comes to deen. Educate yourself. And ask Allah for sincerity in all your actions. May Allah grant us sincerity. Ameen.

Seek refuge in Allah from shaytaan and his wickedness. Shortcomings are OUR faults, and we should blame OURSELVES for them.

Comment

Working...
                X