Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About YouTube videos and making them

As Salam Alekum

I am a recent revert to islam, Elhamdulillah . And before islam I was in the show bussiness industry(modeling and beauty pageant) so s there are a lot of pictures of me without hijab and some of them in bathing suits on the internet and a lot of these are pictures are property of companies I used to work with so is very hard for me to remove them all together from the Internet, because they have a legal ownership over them.

Now when I was pursuing this career I had a YouTube channel where I uploaded videos of me modeling or talking or whatever (these are deleted now) and after t reverted I made a few videos telling my story and with one simple tutorial a friend of mine asked me for and it occurred to me that maybe if I just started a channel about my journey in islam and all the things I love about this religion and how Allah (swt) saved me from the terrible world I was in, I might sort if override all the pictures that are still floating around the Internet and show how I was in a world that people "think" is an amazing and liberating but I have found my true liberation in islam and in hijab.

But I have also read that is not really liked for muslim girls to be making videos and uploading them on YouTube because they are displaying themselves, and I wouldn't want to do something that our dear prophet (pbuh) forbid. But with all the pictures already of me out there wouldn't it be a better alternative than to do nothing? (And by no means do I want to do only hijab tutorials and talk about makeup and superficial stuff, but as a wife, mom of two and a recent revert I have so many things that I would like to share that I myself didn't know when I reverted because I don't have many muslim friends)

I have been praying to Allah to guide me in these matter, my husband just advised me to be careful and I have since just made my videos private and only share them with my friends, but it troubles me that if someone googles my name they will see my old pictures and not my new self,

Any advice?

Re: About YouTube videos and making them

allahu akbar. im happy you are muslim sis.. not really answering your question about you starting youtube videos.. but i was in a similar situation as yours, but there are ways of deleting your pictures that come up on google searches.. granted mine took me a long time... i actually started my process long before i reverted, but its possible.... from contacting networks... calling/emailing certain websites .... university major pics.. even websites for companies i had interned for... i even had a website that i no longer wanted to host but my contract didnt end til like a couple of months after i reverted... so i suggest even if you decide to make videos... people can always google your name.. make sure everything is completely gone so people dont get bored and google your name and know what you look like without your hijab
    Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Yes sis, I would say do the series wearing a noqab or face covering. May Allah forgive me if I'm telling you so,etching wrong ameen.

The only thing is your series may bring more attention t your pictures of you not dressed properly you have to take that into consideration.

Comment

:wswrwb: welcome to islam sister good to have you with us, alhamdulillah :)

just let your past die a natural death. right now only those who personally know you know who that is in the pictures and videos, to anyone else you are just another model the same as the rest. once you make more videos people will look up who you are and it may just all become a highly embaressing problem for you. we dont need hijab tutorials, its really simple to put on a proper khimar (scarf) its all the fancy ones that arent proper hijab that need instructional videos.

spend your time learning your deen, and embrace your new life fully insha Allah without the diatractions of the past, because things like that will just come back to haunt you.
        Last edited by *asiya*; 09-10-13, 07:52 PM.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Thabks for the reply,
          Yes I am still going to try to remove my pictures, but I can tell I won't be an easy thing, since one of the pageants I participate in is an international one and very known and I don't even know where to begin to contact them. I have removed all my hijab-less pictures from all the places I could remove them so in sha Allah I will be able to remove them all in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Modesthijab View Post
            Thabks for the reply,
            Yes I am still going to try to remove my pictures, but I can tell I won't be an easy thing, since one of the pageants I participate in is an international one and very known and I don't even know where to begin to contact them. I have removed all my hijab-less pictures from all the places I could remove them so in sha Allah I will be able to remove them all in the future.
            dont worry too much about it sister, make duaa along with all your efforts, and Allah will clear the way foward for you insha Allah :love:
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

How about a blog instead of videos? :)
              Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

The reason why I said videos is because I already had a YouTube video channel before, and I like doing them, but don't want to do them if it'll go against my deem, I have not really discussed this with anyone other than my husband , so I want to hear what advice I would get from my brothers and sisters in islam that I know will only advice me thinking of the best, in sha Allah

Comment

Working...
                X