Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a non Muslim woman hug a Muslim woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a non Muslim woman hug a Muslim woman?

If the question is stupid I apologise.

I was talking to a client today who said that I had helped her so much that she would like to hug me but thought that because I was a Muslim woman she wasn't allowed to. Questioned that a bit further snd it turns out she grew up with a Moroccan family n once when she went to hug the mans new wife, he said 'don't touch my wife'!!!!

So just curious as to whether or not there is an Islamic position on this, short of tracking down the brother and asking him.

N no, she didn't hug me. We shook hands.
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Re: Can a non Muslim woman hug a Muslim woman?

Yea we can an we can even loosen our hijab with them or take it off (so long as awrah is covered).

It's dodgy females and strange men who :mujahida: we gotta keep our guard up against

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Don't think it's islam for a woman not to be able to hug another woman, but if im wrong please correct me

Comment

Don't worry. Keeping well away from the lezzy's. :vomit:

But y would he say that??

N I 'm sure I read somewhere we have to observe hijab in front of non Muslim women. Loosening is diff from taking off right
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

From what I know we can take it off but make sure that they aren't the spreading type as in they ain't gonna go around saying "ooooo that girl who covers up down the street has gawjussss hair etc".

I don't take my hijab off in front of the non Muslim women unless they're docs but I don't take my hijab seriously around them if that makes sense.

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

i would hug her if i i knew her already
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
              From what I know we can take it off but make sure that they aren't the spreading type as in they ain't gonna go around saying "ooooo that girl who covers up down the street has gawjussss hair etc".

I don't take my hijab off in front of the non Muslim women unless they're docs but I don't take my hijab seriously around them if that makes sense.
              That hapenned to me once

Doing wudu in toilets n colleague came in- caught me without hijab. So back at desk, why do you need to wear that, so pretty, hijab just covers up your beauty blah blah blah

And then I was told that I would never find a husbsnd if I kept my hijab on. I just said I wouldn't want that kind of husbsnd anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                If the question is stupid I apologise.

I was talking to a client today who said that I had helped her so much that she would like to hug me but thought that because I was a Muslim woman she wasn't allowed to. Questioned that a bit further snd it turns out she grew up with a Moroccan family n once when she went to hug the mans new wife, he said 'don't touch my wife'!!!!

So just curious as to whether or not there is an Islamic position on this, short of tracking down the brother and asking him.

N no, she didn't hug me. We shook hands.
                poor woman if that was the case, why on earth would a muslim have said that to her i dont know. theres nothing wrong with hugging another woman muslim or not.

i kiss and hug women if its appropriate, its normal for us to do that where i come from and as others have said not problem as long as they dont have any funny ideas..
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                  poor woman if that was the case, why on earth would a muslim have said that to her i dont know. theres nothing wrong with hugging another woman muslim or not.

i kiss and hug women if its appropriate, its normal for us to do that where i come from and as others have said not problem as long as they dont have any funny ideas..
                  I don't know??
                  She said the Guy wasn't even religious to start off with n then he started wearing the thobe n asked her quite abruptly not to hug his wife!!

Comment

maybe he was just ignorant then, alhamdulillah if he came back to practising islam masha Allah, may Allah guide him and all of us amin
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      maybe he was just ignorant then, alhamdulillah if he came back to practising islam masha Allah, may Allah guide him and all of us amin
                      Ameen

Comment

Not sure, but I wouldn't take it kindly if a stranger hugs me regardless of the reasons.

So I guess not everyone takes it kindly with intimate displays of affection
                        Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

As a general rule, I wouldn't be comfortable with a non-believer hugging me. If it was my job to help them then I would do my best, but I wouldn't want them thinking that there was any closeness between us, just a professional relationship. I would happily save all my warmth and affection for my sisters in Islam.
                          Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Originally posted by niqaabi_nusrat View Post
                            As a general rule, I wouldn't be comfortable with a non-believer hugging me. If it was my job to help them then I would do my best, but I wouldn't want them thinking that there was any closeness between us, just a professional relationship. I would happily save all my warmth and affection for my sisters in Islam.
                            oh no sis, professionally i'm aware taht this is not correct but i'm relating more to the incident she was talkinga bout where she went to hug a muslim woman and her husband stopped her.

generally, most of my friends are muslim women but i do have some friends, not close close friends but friends who are non -muslim so it would be good to know

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X