Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to consider when moving to another country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to consider when moving to another country?

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah peeples.

So I would like to get some picture about what people usually take with them, what they leave behind, and what they sell/buy when they move to another country? What do you do with medicines and furniture etc.

Any thoughts/ experiences?
    6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Re: What to consider when moving to another country?

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
    Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah peeples.

So I would like to get some picture about what people usually take with them, what they leave behind, and what they sell/buy when they move to another country? What do you do with medicines and furniture etc.

Any thoughts/ experiences?
    Wasalam

Permanent move?

I took nothing - except for clothes and make up. Sold the car. Didn't own anything more than that.

Now though, years down the line. If we were moving again, we'd consider shipping our furniture across. Would probably sell the car again.

Medicines etc it depends where you're living. And in many countries, you're covered by health insurance and have easy access to medicines.
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
      Wasalam

Permanent move?

I took nothing - except for clothes and make up. Sold the car. Didn't own anything more than that.

Now though, years down the line. If we were moving again, we'd consider shipping our furniture across. Would probably sell the car again.

Medicines etc it depends where you're living. And in many countries, you're covered by health insurance and have easy access to medicines.
      Yeah I was talking about permanent move. Hmm. Quite interesting. I've got tons of books and other I don't want to part with but can't ship them because it would cost a fortune.

How about the tax- and other goverment things?
      6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Yeah I was talking about permanent move. Hmm. Quite interesting. I've got tons of books and other I don't want to part with but can't ship them because it would cost a fortune.

How about the tax- and other goverment things?
        Depends on luggage allowance.

I relocated for the first time with a 20k luggage allowance. Books were out of the picture. But having said that, over the years as your trips 'back home' become more frequent, you can go back for heavy things such as books,
        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
          Depends on luggage allowance.

I relocated for the first time with a 20k luggage allowance. Books were out of the picture. But having said that, over the years as your trips 'back home' become more frequent, you can go back for heavy things such as books,
          oo..okay, TT__TT byebye books then. Jazak'allah khair sis!

Comment

You should be able to find pdfs of many books.
            "We cast the truth against the falsehood, so that it breaks its head, and lo! it vanishes; and woe to you for what you describe." Qur'an 21:18

Comment

Originally posted by Nulbreaker View Post
              You should be able to find pdfs of many books.
              Some, yes. Most, not.

Comment

Working...
              X