Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

Originally posted by Muzdalifah View Post
    . Flirting is subtle,
    Dont think anyone flirts on here, but sometimes inappropriate comments are made, I think brothers do it without thinking. The other day a male said to a female on this forum that he would slap her with a wet towel. Some things are just weird. Its not flirting but it does cross the line. but then again it depends where you have your line...

Remember, either advise the person in private or report their post. Simples
    Last edited by Fairy; 23-09-13, 05:16 PM.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
      Dont think anyone flirts on here, but sometimes inappropriate comments are made, I think brothers do it without thinking. The other day a male said to a female on this forum that he would slap her with a wet towel. Some things are just weird. Its not flirting but it does cross the line. but then again it depends where you have your line...
      Lolwut?! That sounds.. wrong :/ o.O
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
        Lolwut?! That sounds.. wrong :/ o.O
        cuz its taken out of context, obviously you didn't see all the posts before it so ya itll look weird when said just like that no flirting was done or nothing was like that. it was just banter sheesh people.

Comment

Lol wet towel.

Comment

So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

O_O re. wet towel.

Jazakallah Khair for the beneficial reminder.
            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

would it be inappropriate if a guy made a thread and the ladies were replying like in this 1?

Comment

that was nulbreaker being angry at the double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                  There is no active male mod, go figure.
                  How true.

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
                  subhanAllah thnk well of your brothers and sisters. Flirting? really? i dont think so. unless i am behind on what they call flirting these days.
                  Okay, perhaps 'flirting' was the wrong word to use. I didn't know how else to describe it. You just see so many off topic posts where people of the opposite gender continue to talk back and forth with multiple replies. After reading Sajid's post where he talked about some strange things that have gone on in this forum, who knows what could happen...

Free Mixing isn't allowed outside of the internet, right? So shouldn't we try to avoid off topic posts and simply keep it related to the topic? I include myself in this reminder. I'm not writing this to sound pious or 'holier than thou' attitude or anything like that- I'm just an ordinary Muslim like everyone else on here. I'm simply writing it to remind everyone, because I have seen useless opposite gender interaction far too often.
                  ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
                  And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
                    How true.

Okay, perhaps 'flirting' was the wrong word to use. I didn't know how else to describe it. You just see so many off topic posts where people of the opposite gender continue to talk back and forth with multiple replies. After reading Sajid's post where he talked about some strange things that have gone on in this forum, who knows what could happen...

Free Mixing isn't allowed outside of the internet, right? So shouldn't we try to avoid off topic posts and simply keep it related to the topic? I include myself in this reminder. I'm not writing this to sound pious or 'holier than thou' attitude or anything like that- I'm just an ordinary Muslim like everyone else on here. I'm simply writing it to remind everyone, because I have seen useless opposite gender interaction far too often.
                    ya see f'flirting' was a bit much wasnt it

however, i totally agree with what u saying, we dont free mix or we do our very best to avoid it in real, and same rules apply online too. sometimes, the barriers drop as you forget that the person is even human, let alone amemebr of the opposite sex and just blurt away without realising....i dunno if its happened, but if it has , its most likley unintentional anways.

:jkk: for the reminder bro, i was not trying to undermine that...i can be bad at communication so sorry if you took anything i said offensively

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                      There is no active male mod, go figure.
                      subhanAllah thnk well of your brothers and sisters. Flirting? really? i dont think so. unless i am behind on what they call flirting these days.
                      ya see f'flirting' was a bit much wasnt it

however, i totally agree with what u saying, we dont free mix or we do our very best to avoid it in real, and same rules apply online too. sometimes, the barriers drop as you forget that the person is even human, let alone amemebr of the opposite sex and just blurt away without realising....i dunno if its happened, but if it has , its most likley unintentional anways.

:jkk: for the reminder bro, i was not trying to undermine that...i can be bad at communication so sorry if you took anything i said offensively
                      no not at all offensive, i agree that flirting probably was the wrong word to use.

:jkk:
                      ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
                      And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Oh, and it seems as if some people have reading deficiencies and haven't received a proper education.

I'm not talking about off topic posts in general. For the most part, that is pretty much inevitable. I'm talking about off topic posts between the opposite genders that literally have no connection to the OP in any way, shape, or form.

http://www.rosettastone.com.

Have a nice day.
                        Last edited by Thunder94; 24-09-13, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X