Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

I might be guilty of this myself, I don't know, but to be safe and not sound like a hypocrite, I will include myself in this reminder

Let's all remind each other to avoid any and all flirty responses. I read a decent amount of replies that just seem so unnecessary, and it almost seems as if the female is trying to flirt with the male with these random comments that are many times off topic. Same applies for vice versa.

Seem to mostly happen in the Marriage section of the forum. Perhaps I'm just over-analyzing it, but that's what it seems like to me.

Stop. It's annoying, and it makes you sound desperate.
    Last edited by Thunder94; 23-09-13, 03:40 AM.
    ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
    And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Re: So about these off topic comments that go on in Ummah Forum.

Didn't you post a similar thread like an hour ago? Did you delete it or what? Nevertheless, yes, I agree - we shouldn't be intermingling so freely. Let's remind ourselves Allah (swt) is watching, and imagine this was REAL LIFE and you were speaking to the opposite gender in such a manner with perhaps your father or husband present, would you change your mannerisms? Would you change you words, tone - would you even be speaking to these people? Let's re-evaluate our intentions and not fall into sin. May Allah guide us all.
    My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
    As You have sanctified Your house,
    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
    In which permission of entry
    Is only granted to a few,
    Please Allah, allow my heart
    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
    In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
      Didn't you post a similar thread like an hour ago? Did you delete it or what? Nevertheless, yes, I agree - we shouldn't be intermingling so freely. Let's remind ourselves Allah (swt) is watching, and imagine this was REAL LIFE and you were speaking to the opposite gender in such a manner with perhaps your father or husband present, would you change your mannerisms? Would you change you words, tone - would you even be speaking to these people? Let's re-evaluate our intentions and not fall into sin. May Allah guide us all.
      Yeah a mod deleted it for some reason, but threads like 'goodbye im going to sleep' have stayed up. quite strange and biased modding if you ask me. Where's Ali? He was a great mod.

But yeah, agreed with what you wrote.
      ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
      And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
        Yeah a mod deleted it for some reason, but threads like 'goodbye im going to sleep' have stayed up. quite strange and biased modding if you ask me. Where's Ali? He was a great mod.

But yeah, agreed with what you wrote.
        May I ask which mod deleted it? It does sound a little harsh when, other fruitless threads are still up :\
        My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
        As You have sanctified Your house,
        Make my heart as protected and as honoured
        In which permission of entry
        Is only granted to a few,
        Please Allah, allow my heart
        To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
        when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
        In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Lool it wasn't deleted! I saw it in that "stop flirting" thread :scratch:
          Last edited by *sheba*; 23-09-13, 05:58 AM.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
            May I ask which mod deleted it? It does sound a little harsh when, other fruitless threads are still up :\
            Welcome to Ummah Forum. I have also noticed how sometimes mods delete the off topic messages in a thread, but they themselves are the ones who put off topic messages in some threads, and their messages stay up. But that's a bit off topic. I don't know which mod it was that deleted it. It wasn't even locked, it just got wiped out.

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
            Lool it wasn't deleted! I saw it in that "stop flirting" thread :scratch:
            I look at my recent posts and I don't see it at all. Either way, they gotta stop combining EVERY single posts to another related thread. Necessary sometimes, but it seems like it's overdone.

Comment

I look at my recent posts and I don't see it at all. Either way, they gotta stop combining EVERY single posts to another related thread. Necessary sometimes, but it seems like it's overdone.
              Lool I dont' know, but yeah, I did see it there and was gonna comment on it.....Plus if they really wanted to delete it, they would have deleted this one too.
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

There is no active male mod, go figure.

Comment

I like the mods that are active just fine :) no mod was unfair from my own experience.
                  They cannot be online 24/7 to supervise all posts, each person is responsible for their posts, so all users should try not to go off-topic and should definitely avoid flirting.
                  Gone with the wind.

Comment

Agree with this and the OP. Also, chit chat between sisters and chit chat between brothers can still be seen by the opposite gender on the main forum, so it may be better to not be so personal.

I hate those notifications when your posts get deleted most of all, not the fact that my post got deleted.

Comment

Yea the OP has a point, I must say though when you have men and women together discussing things especially marraige related then things will most likely get flirty.

And this can happen to the most pious of people.

Comment

subhanAllah thnk well of your brothers and sisters. Flirting? really? i dont think so. unless i am behind on what they call flirting these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
                          subhanAllah thnk well of your brothers and sisters. Flirting? really? i dont think so. unless i am behind on what they call flirting these days.
                          I don't know of the OP but I don't take it as he's accusing anyone. Flirting is subtle, many times of goes on without people even realizing.

Seriously, if this forum was gender segregated I doubt we would have as much users or traffic. Just take it as a reminder sis

Comment

Originally posted by Muzdalifah View Post
                            I don't know of the OP but I don't take it as he's accusing anyone. Flirting is subtle, many times of goes on without people even realizing.

Seriously, if this forum was gender segregated I doubt we would have as much users or traffic. Just take it as a reminder sis
                            I never said he was accusing

i went by the post and what was written in it.

I do not knock the reminder, alhamdulillah, its a good reminder for all of us. and also, what i said is valid as well, and we should think the best of our ummah.

Comment

:salams,

:jkk: for the reminder
                              Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X