How can I deal with loneliness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I deal with loneliness?

I spend the whole day alone at college, and no one would bother approach me. I started to eat at the corridor or out, because I don't want to be the only alone in a table every single day. I really feel sad and suicidal..

I joined the Muslim club today, but everyone seemed cold toward me

I was thinking of dropping out college..

Re: How can I deal with loneliness?

You should join classes at the masjid or elsewhere, that way you'll interact with your brothers etc without really making an effort

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I spent all of high school completely alone, but it didn't bother me. I didn't want to interact with anyone (I am really really shy). I used to eat my lunches alone at my locker. Same with uni, I haven't made any new friends, I just have family and 1 other friend outside of it.

Just focus on school and Islam, make lots of dua. And I agree try the masjid, if it doesn't workout, then try another.

Or maybe try and make friends online, it's not the same but it might help you feel less lonely.
      Nothing is impossible with Allah:o

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
        I spend the whole day alone at college, and no one would bother approach me. I started to eat at the corridor or out, because I don't want to be the only alone in a table every single day. I really feel sad and suicidal..

let me tell you a secret about life bro, people only value those who value themselves. Why wait for people to approach you, why don't you go and strike up conversation with the people in your classes yourself?
        :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Salaam

First stop thinking that loneliness will kill you. No. If someone doesnt want to befriend you, he is not friend to begin with. Try to use your time alone for reading more, study, create an invention, and many more.

And if you want to have friends, keep in mind that people dont want to take your burden. If you look all sad, burdened, depressed, trust me none will wanna be your friend. But if you are smiley, friendly, this will affect people to draw near you. How many people have fallen into people just because of his smiles? Try to practice greeting people in front of mirror. You should make a resolution each day that you wanna greet this brother and that brother. You dont have to be the one who waits for people to talk to you. You can always start first!

May Allah give you many friends who will be your reason for happiness.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

I don't think anyone would be cold towards you without a reason. Maybe you look down and people are turned off? You should at least try to be outgoing and open up. Join other clubs that interest you. You will meet a lot of cool people. And also join the international club if your school has it. There are people from all parts of the world. You might meet people from your country :up: And also don't be shy. Start a convo with someone and if that doesn't work then on to the next one :)!!
            Don't give up your education because you are lonely. There are so many people out there that would give up everything for what you have.

Comment

whenever I feel lonely, I embrace it. Not much you can do by complaining.
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                whenever I feel lonely, I embrace it. Not much you can do by complaining.
                u could exchange numbers and call each other.

its a good idea.

Comment

Well, instead of waiting for someone to approach you, why don't you go to your class mates at lunch and say "can I sit here?" and start talk about how dreadful/cool your teacher is. Instead of joining a club and assuming that people will make a kinds seat for you from their arms, why don't you start talking about whatever islamic is approaching or whatever, or ask questions like "Last Friday I was at XXX mosque and the Imam said something I didn't quite understand..blah blah".

Instead of feeling pity for yourself, try and socialize.

Look the situation from the eyes of others. There's this kid who always eats alone. And now he doesn't even bother coming to the canteen, he eats alone in the corridor as if he didn't want anything to do with us. What a snob.

Instead of dropping out of college, speak out. There's billions of ways to talk to people. Someone asks a good question in class, and after class you go and say wow, that was a really good point. At the canteen, say, hey, could you pass me the salt? This food is always so saltless. Though when I cook I always end up putting too much salt lols. Or something.
                  6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

The fact that you worry and are so aware of it affects you even more...just act like its a no biggy and go to the library and finish off work that needs to be done...I was like that when I first started college, but hey I embraced it and didn't care, and I actually liked it and didn't want anyone near me....But eventually humans decided they wanted to interact with me -,-
                    Last edited by *sheba*; 19-09-13, 09:33 AM.
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post

Assalamulkum wrb,

Hey brother hassan, I can relate to the way that you as humans we are social people and we find it hard to be on our own. While I have been studying I have been without friends for approximately two years. At first I really hated it and I wanted to go back home, but I knew I had to preserver, make lots of dua to Allah swt for friends and companions from your heart, trust me it works. Also I joined an Islamic class and everyone was quiet and I hardly ever get a chance to meet sisters so I one day I just said to all the sisters I want your numbers and Allah swt then blessed me with lovely friends. I also go and pray at the mosque meet sisters and try to go to Islamic events and meet new people. You just have to be proactive and take the initiative I am usually a shy person but sometimes you have to take the first step :)

Have a look at this video
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUgELby7tkU
                      Last edited by gamma; 19-09-13, 12:15 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Learn how to enjoy your own company.

Get into reading.

Listening to lectures.

Further study.

You'll find that your thoughts are too occupied to worry about your loneliness
                        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

I know the feeling bro, I know the feeling
                          إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X