Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintaining ties of kinship - practicalities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining ties of kinship - practicalities?

:salams

I was just reading over hadith which stress the importance of keeping ties of kinship and was thinking about the practicalities of it and how we should be doing it.

I understand you dont have to physically visit relatives, which is not very practical in situations when they live abroad or a long distance away, so you can message/call. But which relatives should you keep in contact with? Because family trees are endless! And i know in my family its usually my parents who will speak to most distant relatives, and not myself or my brother as we have never met them before and simply dont know them, we are considered "the children" (even though we are both adults). Are we then in the wrong because we dont speak to them ourselves?

How does it work with non mahrams? E.g. i barely talk to my male cousins as they live in another country, i say salam when we do meet - maybe once a year - but i dont converse with them. i have them on facebook but that's pretty much it.

Would be interested in hearing how other people do it?
    Patience...

Re: Maintaining ties of kinship - practicalities?

I would also like to know this.
    Alhumdulillah

Comment

I'm interested too, I don't know myself..
      AL-Mualim

Comment

wa alykum alsalam

I would think that since they are your male cousins aka nonma7rams one wouldn't talk to them at all so theres no need to keep up ties with them as they are like strangers to you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X