Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ghosts" in Islam.

Asalam Wa Alaikoom,
    I am going to try to make this quick, but I am very confused with the subject about "Ghosts" in Islam.
    Years ago, I lived in a very old house, along with my 3 kids and my husband. The house was over 100 years old and the neighborhood was mainly inhabited by jewish people. I lived there for about 6 years, during that time, strange things would happen without any explanation: my kids toys would go off making sounds (trains, firetrucks, toy toaster). That caught my attention but I moved on and ignored it even though it happened frequently. My husbands job kept him out late at night, he would come home around 2am. On countless occasions i would CLEARLY hear the door unlocking, opening, shutting and someone walking. I would see people walking in the hall, hear footsteps. I would call out my husbands name, alarmed and frightened sitting bed, no answer... One night my daughter came running to me to tell me how, while she was in bed, and "an alien kept touching my butt mama" she said. I panicked from the thought that someone may have attempted to molest or harm my 6 year old daughter, I checked all the windows and doors, no sign of entry... One morning, I woke to find my 4 year old son laying on the hall floor, he told me that last night he floated and fell to the hall floor... Now I knew that they were just young kids, and that they may have imagined or dreamed what had happened, so again, I moved on. Some nights, when I would be afraid to stay alone I would have my husbands muslim friends along with their wives keep me company till my husband got home. On countless occasions did we ALL hear the front door being unlocked and opened, and footsteps entering. Not to mention that it went as far as others also seeing people walk down the hall... We would call out my husbands name and sit in silence, afraid to admit what we heard and saw... Still moved on... One day, my kids were over a friends house and my husband at work. I walked in the house, went to the kitchen and proceeded to the living room. Above the living room entrance, we had the Shahada framed and hanging. That day, the Shahada was about 8 feet away from the wall face down... This really really scared me to see that... It felt as if my religion was being attacked...eventually, I moved on. Finally, one day when I was home alone again, I was doing the laundry. In our house, the washer and dryer were in the basement. I was carrying down a load of laundry and suddenly froze and dropped the basket at the sight of a man, in the basement. As I wright & think about this today, I still get goosebumps... He was shaped with smoke, he was an average height, slightly chubby man. I will never forget. He had no face. Just very thick smoke, like a hole... On either side of the "face" he had curls, the kind of curls worn by jewish men... I felt as if i was looking at Shaytan... I was petrified. I sprinted up the stairs and out of the house while praying. Luckily soon after that we moved out. I never told my husband about that. Friends and family never knew either apart from the ones that heard and saw things too. Alright so finally, my question : if in islam, ghosts aren't necessarily believed in, then what did I see? I told myself it was probably a Jinn, the only problem is that i went to the library years later to do some research about the house and found out a jewish man died there from a heart attack... When a human dies : The angel of death comes and extracts the soul. The angels wrap it and carry it.It is eventually returned to its grave. The person is asked the questions of the grave. They remain there until resurrection day. If that is the case, why did I see that? I don't believe it was a Jinn... So is it possible for ghosts to haunt us after their death? Please help I am SO confused it giving me doubts! Need help ASAP!
    *To anyone who doesn't believe me, please keep any negative comments to yourself. I know what I lived through. I need help to know what happened

JazakAllah Khayr and Asalam Wa Alaikoom...

Re: Worried & confused?

walaikaum assalam

Let's break this down.
    - House 100 years old; Age of house doesn't invite a ghost. It is a fictitious and overused concept made by creative story writers. Sad to say, it has poisoned the horror film genre.

- Jewish neighbors; Ethnicity does not grant you ghost rights.The Germans would be the first ones to complain.

- Toys going off; Sound sensitive toys? Time sensitive toys? Touch sensitive toys? Why is the ghost playing with toys to begin with?

- Husband came home, but he didn't; You saw a person catwalk down a fully lit hallway?

- Shahada sign fell; did you inspect to see if the 100 year old house wasn't rotting which due to gravity pull down the nail?

- Smokey man; objects in the background/foreground can mold and look like other objects. When I was little (and even now), when I close the lights of my room the clothes hanging from my door tend to look like scary faces. If Shaytan was showing you himself and made you feel that way, then he'd be doing you a favour as that would make you a stronger Muslim. That's the opposite of what shaytan wants. Shaytan and his minions don't want to scare you. They want you to be distracted.

Sometimes the mind sees what it fears.I think you scare easily, so it's easier for your mind to draw conclusions from very inconclusive circumstances.

Where I live, tens of thousands of children were massacred and people killed in cold blood. I've yet to have an encounter.

Comment

could be all coincidences or could be jinn. It happens listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQ6DplUBrY

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor's Son View Post
        walaikaum assalam

Let's break this down.
        - House 100 years old; Age of house doesn't invite a ghost. It is a fictitious and overused concept made by creative story writers. Sad to say, it has poisoned the horror film genre.

- Jewish neighbors; Ethnicity does not grant you ghost rights.The Germans would be the first ones to complain.

- Toys going off; Sound sensitive toys? Time sensitive toys? Touch sensitive toys? Why is the ghost playing with toys to begin with?

- Husband came home, but he didn't; You saw a person catwalk down a fully lit hallway?

- Shahada sign fell; did you inspect to see if the 100 year old house wasn't rotting which due to gravity pull down the nail?

- Smokey man; objects in the background/foreground can mold and look like other objects. When I was little (and even now), when I close the lights of my room the clothes hanging from my door tend to look like scary faces. If Shaytan was showing you himself and made you feel that way, then he'd be doing you a favour as that would make you a stronger Muslim. That's the opposite of what shaytan wants. Shaytan and his minions don't want to scare you. They want you to be distracted.

Sometimes the mind sees what it fears.I think you scare easily, so it's easier for your mind to draw conclusions from very inconclusive circumstances.

Where I live, tens of thousands of children were massacred and people killed in cold blood. I've yet to have an encounter.
        Allow me to break it down for you as well.
        -Age of house doesn't invite ghosts : very true, the reasoning of me mentioning the age of it was to clarify that it was inhabited for many years, not that old houses are a place for "ghosts" to just "hang out". But you're right in a way I guess.
        -Ethnicity has nothing to do with it. It was a jewish neighbor hood years ago, a jewish man died there and I saw the silhouette of a jewish man. It would have been the same wether they were Irish, Italian, German or Japanese.
        -Kids toys that you letteraly have to PUSH down buttons for the to go off, what they would want with toys? I have no idea.
        -It wasn't my husband, as I said I would clearly hear all the noises then nothing. ( no I wasn't dreaming happened alot more then once) not to mention that I wasn't the only one, as I mentioned, friends had admitted to hearing it and seeing figures in the hallway ( that was before i gad ever said anything to them, I ddn't want them to think anything.)
        -Rotting ? The house was old, but well maintained. And as I said, the sign was eight feet away from where it was hanging, like it was thrown..
        - Smokey Man? I tried to convince myself of the same thing for tears and years but I KNOW what i saw, not only what I saw but what I felt.

I dont exactly "scare easily". And if our minds see what we fear then what, I fear Jewish men? Lol? I found out later that it was a jewish neighborhood, i ddn't even know it at the time for my mind to "imagine" it.

Comment

:wswrwb:

There is no such thing as "ghosts", this is a kufr concept. Dead spirits do not come back to haunt people, when you are dead, your'e dead, period.

As was said, it could be djinn or it could be coincidences. Play or receite Surat al Baqara in your houses every night and don't forget to make dua before you enter the washroom or leave the house or prepare food or eat food.

:jkk:

Comment

The Jinn are known to take the form of the dead. When Dajjal comes and 'resurrects' those he murders or those whose relatives whom he wants attract into his following the Satan will often take the form of the dead to deceive people into thinking that Dajjal is God. :lahawla:

When I was in seventh grade I went to a place for my history excursion called Manly Quarantine Station. It was known to be haunted. People go there for ghost trips. And many who come out from that place see ghosts who often resemble those dead people who used to live there and were quarantined there. Its a frightening place where people see all sorts of horrid and scary figures. There's a legend there that once a mysterious 'Ghost' ship was sighted off the coast. Everyone on the shore was waiting for it. It never came.

But I recognized it all as a jinn hoax..Why would the dead bother frighten the living? Thats a bad jinn's job. And these 'ghosts' always happen to appear in the same places and usually the same times as the jinn. The sons of Satan love scaring the sons of Adam , as a kind of retaliation against us humans because initially the jinns were afraid of us because Adam was created superior to their father Iblees.
            "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

- What would have been the same whether they were Irish, Italian, German or Japanese?
              - I know it wasn't your husband and I'm sure your guests heard it too. The origin of the sounds wouldn't disappear because there are more people. I've lived in houses about 60-70 years old. And those make strange noises all the time at night when it's quiet.
              - the sign; did you investigate how it could of fell?
              - the smoke; The man was faceless, but why? Because for smoke to arrange facial features would be a bit too difficult. I've looked up in the sky and found clouds looking like faces/objects from time to time. It was a game my cousins and I played while going on drives as kids.

You don't fear Jewish men. You would fear a man who is uninvited standing in your basement.

Comment

Thats the kind of answer I was looking for, I wanted an answer to what it was because I know ghosts do not exist for us muslims.
                JazakAllah Khayr to everyone who has helped

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
                  The Jinn are known to take the form of the dead. When Dajjal comes and 'resurrects' those he murders or those whose relatives whom he wants attract into his following the Satan will often take the form of the dead to deceive people into thinking that Dajjal is God. :lahawla:
                  This is also my understanding.
                  Alhumdulillah

Comment

Re: "Ghosts" in Islam.

Originally posted by SwiSwi View Post
                    Asalam Wa Alaikoom,
                    I am going to try to make this quick, but I am very confused with the subject about "Ghosts" in Islam.
                    Years ago, I lived in a very old house, along with my 3 kids and my husband. The house was over 100 years old and the neighborhood was mainly inhabited by jewish people. I lived there for about 6 years, during that time, strange things would happen without any explanation: my kids toys would go off making sounds (trains, firetrucks, toy toaster). That caught my attention but I moved on and ignored it even though it happened frequently. My husbands job kept him out late at night, he would come home around 2am. On countless occasions i would CLEARLY hear the door unlocking, opening, shutting and someone walking. I would see people walking in the hall, hear footsteps. I would call out my husbands name, alarmed and frightened sitting bed, no answer... One night my daughter came running to me to tell me how, while she was in bed, and "an alien kept touching my butt mama" she said. I panicked from the thought that someone may have attempted to molest or harm my 6 year old daughter, I checked all the windows and doors, no sign of entry... One morning, I woke to find my 4 year old son laying on the hall floor, he told me that last night he floated and fell to the hall floor... Now I knew that they were just young kids, and that they may have imagined or dreamed what had happened, so again, I moved on. Some nights, when I would be afraid to stay alone I would have my husbands muslim friends along with their wives keep me company till my husband got home. On countless occasions did we ALL hear the front door being unlocked and opened, and footsteps entering. Not to mention that it went as far as others also seeing people walk down the hall... We would call out my husbands name and sit in silence, afraid to admit what we heard and saw... Still moved on... One day, my kids were over a friends house and my husband at work. I walked in the house, went to the kitchen and proceeded to the living room. Above the living room entrance, we had the Shahada framed and hanging. That day, the Shahada was about 8 feet away from the wall face down... This really really scared me to see that... It felt as if my religion was being attacked...eventually, I moved on. Finally, one day when I was home alone again, I was doing the laundry. In our house, the washer and dryer were in the basement. I was carrying down a load of laundry and suddenly froze and dropped the basket at the sight of a man, in the basement. As I wright & think about this today, I still get goosebumps... He was shaped with smoke, he was an average height, slightly chubby man. I will never forget. He had no face. Just very thick smoke, like a hole... On either side of the "face" he had curls, the kind of curls worn by jewish men... I felt as if i was looking at Shaytan... I was petrified. I sprinted up the stairs and out of the house while praying. Luckily soon after that we moved out. I never told my husband about that. Friends and family never knew either apart from the ones that heard and saw things too. Alright so finally, my question : if in islam, ghosts aren't necessarily believed in, then what did I see? I told myself it was probably a Jinn, the only problem is that i went to the library years later to do some research about the house and found out a jewish man died there from a heart attack... When a human dies : The angel of death comes and extracts the soul. The angels wrap it and carry it.It is eventually returned to its grave. The person is asked the questions of the grave. They remain there until resurrection day. If that is the case, why did I see that? I don't believe it was a Jinn... So is it possible for ghosts to haunt us after their death? Please help I am SO confused it giving me doubts! Need help ASAP!
                    *To anyone who doesn't believe me, please keep any negative comments to yourself. I know what I lived through. I need help to know what happened

JazakAllah Khayr and Asalam Wa Alaikoom...
                    Sister I dont know how you stayed there for so long. I would have been gone in one day.
                    Alhumdulillah

Comment

Re: "Ghosts" in Islam.

With the thing you saw, I can confirm I have seen something like that....

A shape of a man and outline of his body.. Just a see through haze/mist with no face and I was unable to concentrate on his face due to my eyes not being able to focus on anything. I saw this in a forest, very late at night. Alhamdulillah I was a car at the time and drove off.

Recite and learn Ayat ul-Kursi. I will keep you safe.

Why do you not believe it was a jinn??... It was probably a jinn that was messing with your house and property and it may be that it took the form of a living/dead person when you caught it in your sight. Allah knows best.
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by SwiSwi View Post
                        Allow me to break it down for you as well.
                        -Age of house doesn't invite ghosts : very true, the reasoning of me mentioning the age of it was to clarify that it was inhabited for many years, not that old houses are a place for "ghosts" to just "hang out". But you're right in a way I guess.
                        -Ethnicity has nothing to do with it. It was a jewish neighbor hood years ago, a jewish man died there and I saw the silhouette of a jewish man. It would have been the same wether they were Irish, Italian, German or Japanese.
                        -Kids toys that you letteraly have to PUSH down buttons for the to go off, what they would want with toys? I have no idea.
                        -It wasn't my husband, as I said I would clearly hear all the noises then nothing. ( no I wasn't dreaming happened alot more then once) not to mention that I wasn't the only one, as I mentioned, friends had admitted to hearing it and seeing figures in the hallway ( that was before i gad ever said anything to them, I ddn't want them to think anything.)
                        -Rotting ? The house was old, but well maintained. And as I said, the sign was eight feet away from where it was hanging, like it was thrown..
                        - Smokey Man? I tried to convince myself of the same thing for tears and years but I KNOW what i saw, not only what I saw but what I felt.

I dont exactly "scare easily". And if our minds see what we fear then what, I fear Jewish men? Lol? I found out later that it was a jewish neighborhood, i ddn't even know it at the time for my mind to "imagine" it.
                        Its a classic case of jinn. Recite whatever you know of Quran in the house especially when that happens and the most important thing DO NOT BE SCARED

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X