Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION to all brothers: Do you apply kohl to your eyes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maaru
    replied
    Re: QUESTION to all brothers: Do you apply kohl to your eyes???

Originally posted by DevotedIslamFan View Post
    I personally don't, but I wouldn't mind trying it at home. So you put it on the eyelids or eyelashes?
    inside the bottom eyelid

Leave a comment:

• Elyaouti900
    replied
    QUESTION to all brothers: Do you apply kohl to your eyes???

i dnt grt

Leave a comment:

• DevotedIslamFan
    replied

I personally don't, but I wouldn't mind trying it at home. So you put it on the eyelids or eyelashes?

Leave a comment:

• Maaru
    replied

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
    where do I get khol from?
    dunno where you are, but around here, you normally get them in the islamic stores, that sell books, clothes etc.

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

Originally posted by Maaru View Post
    no you won't you just apply to the bottom eyelid, just put a little bit on your finger tip, pull you eyelid front and apply it, it's no big deal, I don't enjoy ithmid though, it has a very rough texture, kinda pokey. I still use it sometimes, purely because it is sunnah. The one I like is from india, burns a lot but does not poke
    where do I get khol from?

Leave a comment:

• Maaru
    replied

Finger?? Then I'd end up painting my whole iris
    no you won't you just apply to the bottom eyelid, just put a little bit on your finger tip, pull you eyelid front and apply it, it's no big deal, I don't enjoy ithmid though, it has a very rough texture, kinda pokey. I still use it sometimes, purely because it is sunnah. The one I like is from india, burns a lot but does not poke
    Last edited by Maaru; 16-09-13, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

use your finger then
    Finger?? Then I'd end up painting my whole iris

Leave a comment:

• Maaru
    replied

Really, am thinking of doing it but am scared I'll stab myself in the eye.
    use your finger then

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

yes, only at night though, not every night, some times.
    Really, am thinking of doing it but am scared I'll stab myself in the eye.

Leave a comment:

• Maaru
    replied

yes, only at night though, not every night, some times. I try not to put it in the day and go out coz several non muslim women at work remarked how attractive it looked.

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
    :jkk:

Kohl is something else.
    What do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Hadid
    replied

No, ummah forum was the first time I even heard of it. I don't think I'd be able to put anything into my eyes, assuming I managed to get hold of any in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• i.badat
    replied

:jkk:

Kohl is something else.

Leave a comment:

• QUESTION to all brothers: Do you apply kohl to your eyes???

This is a question I was meaning to ask for a while but kept forgetting anyways so do you and is it based more in some cultures then others.

It is an actual sunnah to and I herd it being done by brothers in some lectures i listened to.

Imaam Tirmidhi mentions five ahaadith in this chapter.

(48) Hadith Number 1
    Ibn 'Abbaas Radiyallahu 'Anhu says:"Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam said: 'Use kuhl made of ithmid on the eye; it brightens the eyesight, and strengthens and increases the growth of the eye lashes'. (Sayyidina Ibn'Abbaas Radiyallahu'Anhu also used to say) 'Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam had a small container for keeping kohl, from which he applied kohl in each eye three times every night"'.

(49) Hadith Number 2
    Ibn 'Abbaas Radiyallahu 'Anhu reports: "Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam applied kuhl of ithmid three times in each eye before sleeping'. In a narration also from Ibn 'Abbaas Radiyallahu 'Anhu, it is reported: "Rasuluilah Sallallahu'Alayhi Wasallam had a small container for keeping kuhl, from which he applied in each eye kuhl three times before sleeping'.

(50) Hadith Number 3
    Jaabir bin 'Abdullah Radiyallahu 'Anhu says: "Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam said: 'Use the kuhl made from ithmid for the eyes. It brightens the vision and strengthens the growth of the eye lashes'.

(51) Hadith Number 4
    Ibn 'Abbaas Radiyallahu 'Anhu says: "Rasulullah Sallallah 'Alayhi Wasallam has said: 'The best from among all the kuhl used by you is the one made from ithmid. It brightens the eyesight and strengthens the growth of the eye lashes"'.

Commentary
    One of the narrators in the chain of this hadith is Bishr bin Mufaddal RA. The 'ulama wrote that he performed four hundred rak'ahs nafl daily, and it was his permanent practice to fast every alternate day.

(52) Hadith Number 5
    'Abdullah bin 'Umar Radiyallahu 'Anhu related the same hadith from Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallarn that: "Verily use the kuhl made from ithmid. It brightens the vision and strengthens the growth of the eye lashes".
Working...
X