Women can makeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women can makeup?

Like the title says, women is allowed to do make up?

And what about men.

Women can makeup?

My mom dosnt wear make up

Comment

Re: Women can makeup?

yes women in front of mahrams and no men can't. kohl can be worn but not make up..
      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
        yes women in front of mahrams and no men can't. kohl can be worn but not make up..
        Lool I thought khol was a part of makeup nowdays??
        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

kohl is used to help protect eyes in places such as the desert, but women can also use it to beautify themselves.
          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

nvm, I thought the Op was a lady...I didnt really read what he said properly
            Last edited by *sheba*; 16-09-13, 05:12 AM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

women look better natural .... looking all like beef cakes with that extra 2 pound make up on their face actually makes them ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                women look better natural .... looking all like beef cakes with that extra 2 pound make up on their face actually makes them ugly.
                That's not true. Make-up worn in moderation enhances your natural beauty; hence why make-up outside the house is haram; it's when you go crazy with make-up that you end up looking uglier than without make-up.

Back on-topic: Why would any man wear make-up? What is happening to Ummah forum lool crazy as thread topics OP by make-up I hope you mean kohl, because that is the only make-up men can wear.
                Last edited by Rebel101; 16-09-13, 05:48 AM.
                Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                  That's not true. Make-up worn in moderation enhances your natural beauty
                  lol I think that was his point. Many girls (even older women) nowdays wear clown makeup when they go out and "natural/light" makeup is only for work. some girls even wear it in their sleep.. it's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                    lol I think that was his point. Many girls (even older women) nowdays wear clown makeup when they go out and "natural/light" makeup is only for work. some girls even wear it in their sleep.. it's scary.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool for what reason???Ain't like nobody gonna be checking them out when their sleeping....people are going crazy nowdays

Comment

Loooooool but but but he said ''women look better natural'' when we don't
                      I personally find light make-up annoying to wear every day let alone clown make-up. Who can afford to put so much make-up on in one day! Imagine how much they must spend on make-up :shock:
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

I personally find light make-up annoying to wear every day let alone clown make-up. Who can afford to put so much make-up on in one day! Imagine how much they must spend on make-up :shock:
                        Maybe to him, we do. We're women, we don't find the same things attractive about ourselves as men do.

I find all makeup irritating and a waste of time. I'll only do it if my hubby wants me to. I scratch my cheeks and rub my eyes so much i'd end up wiping it off every five minutes

As for men wearing makeup, I know guys around here who wear foundation to cover acne and pluck their eyebrows. :D But they are not muslims

Comment

I personally find light make-up annoying to wear every day let alone clown make-up. Who can afford to put so much make-up on in one day! Imagine how much they must spend on make-up
                          If you feel rubbish about yourself physically without make-up you will spend as much and however long it takes to remove that feeling. Anyone who wears clown make-up or any make-up actually outside, no doubt has some insecurity issues. Whether that represents as not feeling adequate without it, needing to look beautiful for others, needing attention, or because there is some need to cover up a skin condition (acne, rosacea etc).

I'm not saying its OK, but we should understand why this is, and it's because there is a lot of emphasis on women looking beautiful, so women will (unconsciously or unconsciously) fall in to the trap of trying to live up to the images of perfection we are bombarded with every second. Fortunately, Islam liberates us from this.
                          Last edited by Nawar; 16-09-13, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I do that lol

I spend tons on it but I love it and I don't regret.

Comment

Maybe to him, we do. We're women, we don't find the same things attractive about ourselves as men do.

I find all makeup irritating and a waste of time. I'll only do it if my hubby wants me to. I scratch my cheeks and rub my eyes so much i'd end up wiping it off every five minutes

As for men wearing makeup, I know guys around here who wear foundation to cover acne and pluck their eyebrows. :D But they are not muslims
                              LOL to each their own, I wear makeup on special days that's basically twice a year (eids) and weddings (hardly happens lol) and I love it :inlove:

As for those men ...... May Allah guide them.

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                              If you feel rubbish about yourself physically without make-up you will spend as much and however long it takes to remove that feeling. Anyone who wears clown make-up or any make-up actually outside, no doubt has some insecurity issues. Whether that represents as not feeling adequate without it, needing to look beautiful for others, needing attention, or because there is some need to cover up a skin condition (acne, rosacea etc).

I'm not saying its OK, but we should understand why this is, and it's because there is a lot of emphasis on women looking beautiful, so women will (unconsciously or unconsciously) fall in to the trap of trying to live up to the images of perfection we are bombarded with every second. Fortunately, Islam liberates us from this.
                              I'm not judging them ukhti, I'm just curious how they can bother putting all that make-up on every day and how they actually afford it. But yeah I do agree it's all about self-acceptance. Alhamdulilah for Islam, it freed us from such ''perfection'' society is constantly trying to shove on us. We can go out in hijab, make-up free and feel beautiful regardless of what anyone says :banan:
                              Gone with the wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X