• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeardman
    replied
    Re: my cousin may have a girlfriend/boyfriend

Originally posted by AFGMAN View Post
    Yeah so today my mom and my sister asked me if I had seen her with any boys and I was like " no, that's none of my concern." I did not really expect them to come at me like this, what should I do now?
    tell them. Because they know something is up clearly, and now you are covering up. The only exception is if you really, really think you can get her to stop without telling the oldies in the family.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

Originally posted by Superwoman View Post
    we have different views, i don't think people should interfere in someone's life,
    that's weird, because it says on your profile you are muslim, and enjoining the ma'roof and forbidding the munkar are important parts of our deen.

Leave a comment:

• AFGMAN
    replied

Yeah so today my mom and my sister asked me if I had seen her with any boys and I was like " no, that's none of my concern." I did not really expect them to come at me like this, what should I do now?

Leave a comment:

• Superwoman
    replied

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    the thing is sis. young people are confused anyway about their fatith.
    If they come to an islamic forum and they read some of the things that superwoman posts, they will get even more confused. We need to state clearly if our views goes against the teaching of islam or not, or if they are of our own whims and desires.
    okay :(

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

If they come to an islamic forum and they read some of the things that superwoman posts, they will get even more confused. We need to state clearly if our views goes against the teaching of islam or not, or if they are of our own whims and desires.
    I couldn't agree more. And not just young people but people who have deviated from the path of Allah and want to get back on it

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
    "You must spread reps before you can give any to Muslima London." >_> Hate when this happens lol

But :up: I agree sis

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

This is an Islamic forum sister.
    If you have a differing point of view, that's fine but you should respect that people come on this forum to get advice which is based on Islamic practice
    "You must spread reps before you can give any to Muslima London." >_> Hate when this happens lol

But :up: I agree sis

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

we have different views, i don't think people should interfere in someone's life,
    This is an Islamic forum sister.
    If you have a differing point of view, that's fine but you should respect that people come on this forum to get advice which is based on Islamic practice

Leave a comment:

• Eleanor's Son
    replied

I would only speak with the couple directly. By going to their/his/her parents you could possibly do more harm than good.

Leave a comment:

• Whateverhappens
    replied

Why the hell don't you do something about it if you are so concerned about it, instead of telling someone else which will only lead to spread of fitnah man the hell up and do something, confront the couple and advise them

Leave a comment:

• Superwoman
    replied

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post

That's he's cousin! When he or she commits Zina is it still not his fault when he could have advised him or her subhnallah!

On the authority of Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) - the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) - that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said :
    "None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself."

He should not expose the sin but he should try and advise the cousin to stop this sinful dating before it leads to more haram! He would not wish to fall into zina so he should not let his cousin fall into it.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

If my family I would rather know and have the chance of fixing the problem then not know and have to deal with the mess later.

This is someone under your aunt and uncles care, they have a right to know.

The only reason not to say something would be if a worst problem will occur by saying something, but short of them having a murderous rage problems then probably best to say something if your cousin wont pack it in.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

it's none of your business whose dating who, ignore it unless they try to get you involved then say something to them not to anyone else

That's he's cousin! When he or she commits Zina is it still not his fault when he could have advised him or her subhnallah!

On the authority of Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) - the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) - that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said :
    "None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself."

He should not expose the sin but he should try and advise the cousin to stop this sinful dating before it leads to more haram! He would not wish to fall into zina so he should not let his cousin fall into it.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah~S
    replied

We don't know your family, hence we cannot advise you about what is best to do. Nobody is taking zina lightly.

Leave a comment:

• AFGMAN
    replied

Why do you guys take zina so lightly in this thread?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X