Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fat letters sent home.. helpful or hurtful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fat letters sent home.. helpful or hurtful?

Im watching raising america right now, and there is a school who has sent home fat letters to small children as young as 9

this girl who was i believe 13 was 5'4 138 lbs(a cheerleader) .. she looked in shape.. but she got a fat letter sentt home saying she was overeight

i dont know how i feel about this... especially to kids who are starting puberty and are not really overweight... obese is something different

do you agree with these letters?
    Raindrops.hail.ouch

Re: fat letters sent home.. helpful or hurtful?

fat letters? loool
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

if they are over weight then yh
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        if they are over weight then yh
        she really wasnt overweight thhough.. she had a flat stomach. skinny legs.. etc

and how embarrassing to the child... also what if the parents themselves are fat.... i see a bad thing coming
        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
          she really wasnt overweight thhough.. she had a flat stomach. skinny legs.. etc

and how embarrassing to the child... also what if the parents themselves are fat.... i see a bad thing coming
          well yh in general, if your overweight, i believe its better to get rid of the fat whilst your young.
          But if they're sending letters to the kids, im sure no 1 else knows right, as in their peers. So it wont be that embarassing as opposed to being bully for bein fat
          Last edited by ibzy; 10-09-13, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Im watching raising america right now, and there is a school who has sent home fat letters to small children as young as 9

this girl who was i believe 13 was 5'4 138 lbs(a cheerleader) .. she looked in shape.. but she got a fat letter sentt home saying she was overeight

i dont know how i feel about this... especially to kids who are starting puberty and are not really overweight... obese is something different

do you agree with these letters?
            --------------
            Last edited by *sheba*; 10-09-13, 05:53 PM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

well yh in general, if your overweight, i believe its better to get rid of the fat whilst your young.
              But if they're sending letters to the kids, im sure no 1 else knows right, as in their peers. So it wont be that embarassing as opposed to being bully for bein fat
              now the world knows.. they had life sized poster of 3 kids.. 2 girls and one boy with their faces shown.. mind you the cheerleader9her sstomach and legs were shown) to highlight and have us question whether we thought she was fat or not..

so nevermind the school. its all of america 0_0 embarassing
              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

now the world knows.. they had life sized poster of 3 kids.. 2 girls and one boy with their faces shown.. mind you the cheerleader9her sstomach and legs were shown) to highlight and have us question whether we thought she was fat or not..

so nevermind the school. its all of america 0_0 embarassing
                i thought you were watchin some american drama, is this a reality show?

i m sure the kids new what they were signing up to

Comment

What do these fat letters even say? Dear parent your son's/daughter's overweight sort it ouuuut! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
                    What do these fat letters even say? Dear parent your son's/daughter's overweight sort it ouuuut! lol
                    Looooooooool that would be too funny
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

i thought you were watchin some american drama, is this a reality show?

i m sure the kids new what they were signing up to
                      no.. its a national news station with women hosting

no.. there is an invasion in kinds privacy out here
                      Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
                        it send them a chart of their childs bmi and tells the kids they are obese.
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

no.. its a national news station with women hosting

no.. there is an invasion in kinds privacy out here
                          wow, well that sucks.

in general over weight kids must loose weight.. even if they are young.

Comment

it send them a chart of their childs bmi and tells the kids they are obese.
                            Aww that's cruel :(

Comment

wow, well that sucks.

in general over weight kids must loose weight.. even if they are young.
                              yes i agree with that, but i think the school can at least create a workout campp, incorporate healthier foo, after school activities etc ... its couldve been done nicer..

:/ yeah it does suck
                              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Working...
                              X