Afraid of nonexistence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid of nonexistence?

Assalamu alaykum warahmatulluhi wabarakatul.

I'm starting to have panic attacks whenever I think about eternity.
    I'm not afraid of death but I'm afraid of nonexistence. I'm having conflicting feelings about the hereafter and I understand and believe in heaven and hell but does eternity last forever like it claims? Does everything come to a complete stop or does it consistently change over time?
    I don't know why I'm thinking like this and it's been happening for several nights now before going to bed to where I'm just sitting there thinking about my possible nonexistence in the hereafter. Where I'll go, what form I'll take on or simply just disappearing and becoming absolutely nothing. It frightens me to my very core and my heart starts beating fast because I'm here living in the world and that I will eventually die and then I'll either go to heaven or hell or I'll just become nothing. And just knowing that there's nothing I can do about it makes it worse.
    I'm afraid of the change that's going to come. Im use to eating, laughing, living breathing and for it all to come to a complete stop as if it never happened..as if i never existed worries me.
    What should I do? What prayers can I say to ease my heart because I'm seriously panicking about something I have no control over.
    Last edited by Deena08; 06-09-13, 06:25 PM.

Re: Afraid of nonexistence?

Originally posted by Deena08 View Post
    Assalamu alaykum warahmatulluhi wabarakatul.

I'm starting to have panic attacks whenever I think about eternity.
    I'm not afraid of death but I'm afraid of nonexistence. I'm having conflicting feelings about the hereafter and I understand and believe in heaven and hell but does eternity last forever like it claims? Does everything come to a complete stop or does it consistently change over time?
    I don't know why I'm thinking like this and it's been happening for several nights now before going to bed to where I'm just sitting there thinking about my possible nonexistence in the hereafter. Where I'll go, what form I'll take on or simply just disappearing and becoming absolutely nothing. It frightens me to my very core and my heart starts beating fast because I'm here living in the world and that I will eventually die and then I'll either go to heaven or hell or I'll just become nothing. And just knowing that there's nothing I can do about it makes it worse.
    I'm afraid of the change that's going to come. Im use to eating, laughing, living breathing and for it all to come to a complete stop as if it never happened..as if i never existed worries me.
    What should I do? What prayers can I say to ease my heart because I'm seriously panicking about something I have no control over.

:wswrwb:
    Eternity is eternity.
    When we die our deeds will cease, but then we will be resurected.
    Then our new lives begin, if we are in Jannah, it's eternal bliss, you'll eat, laugh and do all sorts of enjoyable things for eternity it will never end and it only gets better and better while you're there.
    If we are in Jahannam (may Allah protect us from it), you'll eat (nasty things) , you'll cry, scream be in pain etc. and well if you die with some Islam you'll be taking out by the mercy of Allah after a certain period, but if you die as a kafir you'll be in there for eternity and it only gets worse and worse while you're there.

There is no such thing as becoming nothing, it's either Jannah or Jahannam
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X