Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about making the beard look nice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about making the beard look nice?

-:salams

-My father has been telling me to trim the edges of my beard (on the side of my cheek) because some little hairs sticks out more. He doesn't mean to cut it but have the clippers go through the edges to get rid of those fuzzy things. I keep saying no because of the "Trim the mustache and leave the beard" but he said it not like that and we should look neat. So brothers do I trim the edges? And if not what are some tips to grooming and making your beard look nice? JazakAllahu Khair in advance.

I cut the part on the neck, and on the upper cheek.Sometimes, if any hair is longer than the rest just do some trimming with scissors.

Comment

Re: Question about making the beard look nice?

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
      I cut the part on the neck, and on the upper cheek.Sometimes, if any hair is longer than the rest just do some trimming with scissors.
      -Is it permissible to trim it though since we've been told to leave the beard? I just want to make sure before I do anything, JazakAllah khair for the answer ahki.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post

-My father has been telling me to trim the edges of my beard (on the side of my cheek) because some little hairs sticks out more. He doesn't mean to cut it but have the clippers go through the edges to get rid of those fuzzy things. I keep saying no because of the "Trim the mustache and leave the beard" but he said it not like that and we should look neat. So brothers do I trim the edges? And if not what are some tips to grooming and making your beard look nice? JazakAllahu Khair in advance.
        Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

According to Hanafi Madhab it is not permissible to trim the beard if it is less than a handful, in case its more - you can trim it.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
          Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

According to Hanafi Madhab it is not permissible to trim the beard if it is less than a handful, in case its more - you can trim it.

Theres a bit of confusion as to whether you are allowed to trim on the sides by the jaw.
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
            Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

-What SkyLark said, the hair on my side of the cheek aren't that long but some stick out more which looks fuzzy. My pops said we should look neat but I don't cut it because I have no evidence to do so.. would be nice if more brothers would help me with this ._., JazakAllah khair and may Allah save you from the fire and grant you guys Jannah ameen.
            Last edited by TheNamesMalik; 10-09-13, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Bump... just need evidence on rather I can cut those spots that's all... and some ways on how the prophet :saw: would take care of his beard.

Comment

Bump... just need evidence on rather I can cut those spots that's all... and some ways on how the prophet :saw: would take care of his beard.
                I don't have the evidence, but I was told I could do it to look tidy, you should look for a fatwa in islamqa

Comment

You should just let it beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzdalifah View Post
                    You should just let it beast.
                    -My father keeps calling me wolf man because I haven't trimmed it, but the Pakistani brothers beards just flow like water it's so nice looking.

Comment

:wswrwb:

I'm in the same boat akhi. Right in the centre of my cheek, I have hair growing and the rest of it is rather patchy. It'll grow in due time Insha'Allah.

I'm not sure of the rulings but personally, I'd say to persevere.

Comment

-My father keeps calling me wolf man because I haven't trimmed it, but the Pakistani brothers beards just flow like water it's so nice looking.
                        So let it beast.

Trimmimg may be permissible Allahu Alim but i still let it beast and comb it.

Comment

Working...
                        X