Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever felt like you just want a change in life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever felt like you just want a change in life?

:salams

Ever since i came back from holiday and returned to work i've felt a bit restless and like i need a change in life. For the past year and a half my week consists of work, and then for weekends its normally either town for a bit of shopping or spending time with family whether that be at home or going out. I do see friends but not as often as i would wish to and i try to go to islamic events when i can (maybe once or twice a month) but i still feel like i need something different.. I'd love to just get up and move to a different city, but i can't..for now i'm just living at home with my parents and brother. I found a study circle nearby that runs weekly but i don't really like the sisters approach so i stopped going.

I was thinking of vulunteering on weekends for a bit but id prefer to volunteer with muslims or for something islamic but cant seem to find anything near by. Insa i'd like to get back into my exercise routine as that kind of disappeared when ramadan started.

Anyone else get that feeling of wanting change sometimes? Got any suggestions?
    Patience...

Re: Ever felt like you just want a change in life?

:wswrwb:

As for the study circle you can go back, and voice your concerns, you might not be the only one who feels that way. Thus she might change.

As for the volunteer, if there's no Muslim one, it won't hurt helping non-Muslims. It's better to help somebody even if they are non-Muslim than help nobody.
    It might even give you insight on how to start you're own thing to help Muslims
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

I'd love a holiday right now.

Comment

yes some days, I wish I was 20 yeas younger, no kids and my whole life in front of me to to plan............

but my life has brought me to the point where I am so ALHAMDULILLAH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Yes... we wish we could be in different circumstances sometimes but alas it is what it is..Alhamdullilah
          The thing is we forget is that we do have the power to change and be where we want to be. Just a matter of planning and following it with action.
          My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
          As You have sanctified Your house,
          Make my heart as protected and as honoured
          In which permission of entry
          Is only granted to a few,
          Please Allah, allow my heart
          To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
          when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
          In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

My dad wanted to do voluntary work so he contacted certain key figures in the Pakistani community and they brushed him off and made excuses to fob him off even though he has a good reputation and is very skilled in many things. I think they felt threatened by that and like to stick to their own cliques. So eventually he contacted non Muslims and volunteers for them now. It's a shame, apna community loves to shoot itself in the foot.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Everyday.

6 years of work and still thinking about it.

Just do it (unlike me).

I'm out soon as I get married inshaAllah.

Comment

You got everything you need there, what more you want? Family, job, Islamic Study circles

People would die to have what you have.

Comment

i always feel like that, it's depressing to think that life will always be so dull. try and go away even if it's just a weekend, make a list of things you want to do and start working on it, if you have relatives in different countries maybe go to visit them?

Comment

Yes i want to book a one way ticket and start a new life somewhere.
                    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

This thread is depressing. . Cheer up peeps and as umar_ said we should be thankful and grateful to Allah (swt)
                      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                      As You have sanctified Your house,
                      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                      In which permission of entry
                      Is only granted to a few,
                      Please Allah, allow my heart
                      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                        You got everything you need there, what more you want? Family, job, Islamic Study circles

People would die to have what you have.
                        True alhamdulillah , I should be more grateful
                        Patience...

Comment

I think a lot of us would want to escape for a bit...

I still remember a lot of my holidays...

I remember while I was travelling by coach or rickshaw in Bangladesh I saw a village far into the distance, the lights were shinning, I can tell their was a wedding happening.

It was nice to be able to capture the moment and treasure it.

I feel that there is a lot I could be doing because I am still young...

Volunteering is a good start..
                          "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

There is a lot of wanting but I am happy to appreciate what I have.

Its because we always imagine the other side to be better while neglecting what Allah has given us (whilst being very ungrateful, but thats how we are)

Allah has given us what is best for us, so instead of looking to change what you cant. Concentrate on what you can do and change for the better.
                            Last edited by Umm-Aaliyah; 07-09-13, 12:04 AM.
                            O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X