How do you guys remember hadiths???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys remember hadiths???

I don't - I have to confess. I remember the essence of a hadith and whatihave to do / avoid etc but I certain:nly can't remember the details.
    I'm just so envious that some of you are able t quote hadiths in many of your posts,

How do you do it????

Am I applying my learning with less concentration or is my old age catching up.

I do feel ashamed that some of you are years and years younger then me and know so much.

so tips please on how you remember the hadiths that you learn

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Re: How do you guys remember hadiths???

Same as Quran just practise and keep going over them constantly.
    Start with the smaller hadiths, I actually wanted to start a hadith memorisation thread with the Arabic, transliteration and translation maybe you should start something and others can benefit aswell
    If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
    'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
    Islamic etiquette for social media
    http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

:salams,

Some I remember,but most I remember the essence then look them up. After looking them up and reading them multiple times, you start remembering them.
      Though it's easier to remember those you actually implement
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Jzk I think I might concentrate more on learning Quran verses, along with transliteration and yes will learn shorter hadiths. Best thing to do is teach children n learn at same time. That's two boxes ticked

I'm so overwhelmed by how much there is to learn. Honestly I don't know what I have been doing with my life :(

I was brought up as an old Skool Muslim- just learn Quran, do salah, follow the rules around halal/ haram.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
          Jzk I think I might concentrate more on learning Quran verses, along with transliteration and yes will learn shorter hadiths. Best thing to do is teach children n learn at same time. That's two boxes ticked

I'm so overwhelmed by how much there is to learn. Honestly I don't know what I have been doing with my life :(

I was brought up as an old Skool Muslim- just learn Quran, do salah, follow the rules around halal/ haram.
          Honestly it'd be better you learn the arabic letters and pronnciation.
          The transliteration can be confusing and can lead you to mispronounce certain words, which completely change the meaning of the verse.
          Sometimes causing you to say pretty bad things
          Just an advice

And may Allah make it easy for you
          Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
            The transliteration can be confusing and can lead you to mispronounce certain words, which completely change the meaning of the verse.
            Just an advice

I 'm a born Muslim so have been reading the Quran since 11.
            Thinking about on line tajweed classes

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
              Just an advice

For people who don't know Arabic I think transliteration is good, obviously with Quran you have rules of tajweed i.e Ghunna, ighfa etc. which agreed can be confusing but with hadith that doesn't apply i.e:

إِنَّمَا الْأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّاتِ

Inna mal amal-u bin niyyat.

Every deed is according to intention. (Bukhari & Muslim)
              If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
              'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
              Islamic etiquette for social media
              http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Basic tajweed is a must, I'd recommend attending a class for at least an hour a week, should get you upto speed within a few months.

I was taught tajweed from a young age, but when I started my tajweed class in my 20's, I realised that most of what I learnt was wrong.
                Especially in regards to pronouncing letters and certain rules etc.

Going back to op, I jus use repetition and when memorised, teach it to others, i.e kids, family, friends...
                There is rest only in the aakhira.
                Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                That's right, a nude dog.
                The Deepweb is disgusting.
                - Unknown -

Links
                The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Jzk for all those tips

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                    I don't - I have to confess. I remember the essence of a hadith and whatihave to do / avoid etc but I certain:nly can't remember the details.
                    I'm just so envious that some of you are able t quote hadiths in many of your posts,

How do you do it????

Am I applying my learning with less concentration or is my old age catching up.

I do feel ashamed that some of you are years and years younger then me and know so much.

so tips please on how you remember the hadiths that you learn
                    Same here :(

Most (if not all) ahadeeth posted on here with references are found through search engine :o

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Memorize them like you memorize the Quran?

Comment

they use google
                        "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                        (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                        He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

I mainly remember parts or meanings, and that is enough to look it up in either Arabic or English. Either by searching an actual part of it, searching a word and going through all the ahadith that have that word, or even finding a fatwah on the matter that you know the hadith is evidence in, and then getting the hadith come up as a result.

Also many ahadith are mentioned over and over in lectures, so that also helps in learning.
                          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                            I mainly remember parts or meanings, and that is enough to look it up in either Arabic or English. Either by searching an actual part of it, searching a word and going through all the ahadith that have that word, or even finding a fatwah on the matter that you know the hadith is evidence in, and then getting the hadith come up as a result.

Also many ahadith are mentioned over and over in lectures, so that also helps in learning.
                            yeah that's what I usually do. As I said, I usually get the essence of the hadith but not necessarily the details.

I've got to train my memory!!

Hadith bukhari is categorised very well isn't it
                            my prbllem is I have It on kindle and I can't search through it, or jump from chapter to chapter.

Comment

^^It has 'search' option?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                              O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X