Ways to help Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to help Muslims

So I have been thinking about this lately. I live here in the US and I see that there are many many Christian charities. They help people who are homeless by offering food, they give financial assistance, shelter, counseling, clothing, etc. But I don't ever see any Muslim charities. I don't want to be the person who just wonders about something - I want to do something about it. But I don't know where to start.

An organization run by Muslims to feed the poor and hungry and homeless. That would be awesome. It would not be limited to Muslims - at least in my opinion. Because if a person comes there hungry and is fed by Muslims maybe that will be the catalyst to start them to learn about Islam.

I would love to do something like this but I have no idea where to start. Or if it is even feasible. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Ways to help Muslims

an NGO?

u'll have to get legal documents and other people on board for such a project.

Comment

well the community, is it muslim

Maybe go out and talk to other muslims, maybe they have lil things they are running

sometimes some ppl from FB will ask other sisters that some sister is struggling, maybe made homeless and then ppl will donate
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

I am not in a Muslim community. I don't even know anyone who is Muslim. I just feel a need to help in some way and I guess I don't know how. I will keep thinking about this. I appreciate the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X