"What about Bilal?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What about Bilal?"

Mashallah... There are ltierally so many themes/topics within this short video and I loved everyone of them.

the wudhu bit was really powerful as well. I think of even ceratin threads I have seen in which people try and keep their wudhu state as long as possible or get irritated by bg or anything of that nature... or some waiting right before prayer to do it.. When he did wudhu every single time he broke it ... man mashallah

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Re: "What about Bilal?"

Subhanallah.. such virtues of poverty..

Its so bad to see that muslims are so scared of poverty, when Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam has made the dua:-

"Oh Allah, when you take me into account on the day of judgement, take me knto account with the poor people"

Bilal Radiyallahu anhu, one of the MOST beloved of Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam, was advised to remain poor..

Don't be scared of poverty. Embrace it. With hope in the help and mercy of Allah
    وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
    Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
      Subhanallah.. such virtues of poverty..

Its so bad to see that muslims are so scared of poverty, when Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam has made the dua:-

"Oh Allah, when you take me into account on the day of judgement, take me knto account with the poor people"

Bilal Radiyallahu anhu, one of the MOST beloved of Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam, was advised to remain poor..

Don't be scared of poverty. Embrace it. With hope in the help and mercy of Allah
      so true... and where i live now its soo beautiful mashallah with nothing but trees and forest.. i compare it to california with so many stores,light, chaos etc... i think of like living on the natural land provided to us.. i also thought of like native americans came here before the europeans and slaves and how they lived with nature.. so many people are blinded by house/cars/school etc.. .the land we live on is beautiful... if someone were to make a house in the wilderness(hut) people now would say it was cheap/ugly... times have changed a a lot.
      Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
        so true... and where i live now its soo beautiful mashallah with nothing but trees and forest.. i compare it to california with so many stores,light, chaos etc... i think of like living on the natural land provided to us.. i also thought of like native americans came here before the europeans and slaves and how they lived with nature.. so many people are blinded by house/cars/school etc.. .the land we live on is beautiful... if someone were to make a house in the wilderness(hut) people now would say it was cheap/ugly... times have changed a a lot.
        Times have changed, we have changed, but our Allah is still the same Allah.....

BTW, the life of poverty has always been cheap and ugly. Don't say that to the poor though, because they will have a much lighter burden to account for on the day of Judgement..

Look at it this way. The great AbdurRahman bin Auf Radiyallahu Anhu, a Badri Sahabi, one of the 10 Sahabah blessed with the glad tidings of Jannah in this world, was told that he will enter Jannah 70 years after the rest of his Companions, due to the settling of his accounts with Allah in regards to the wealth he possessed.

Where do we stand?
        Last edited by i.badat; 31-08-13, 05:36 PM.
        وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
        Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
          Times have changed, we have changed, but our Allah is still the same Allah.....

BTW, the life of poverty has always been cheap and ugly. Don't say that to the poor though, because they will have a much lighter burden to account for on the day of Judgement..

Look at it this way. The great AbdurRahman bin Auf Radiyallahu Anhu, a Badri Sahabi, one of the 10 Sahabah blessed with the glad tidings of Jannah in this world, was told that he will enter Jannah 70 years after the rest of his Companions, due to the settling of his accounts with Allah in regards to the wealth he possessed.

Where do we stand?
          when i mean cheap... i mean a person would rather live in an apartment rather than build a hut out of leaves in the rainforest.. and the life of poverty is different and not really 'acceptable' its harder to be poor here and live nice.. people live under the freeway... so their way of living in the nature is not the same as living in nature back in the day.. using dirty sheets as coverageinstead of tied leaves and stuff like you see natives do.. if that makes sense. I personally am not saying anything bad aboutthe poor. I am saying its sad how it is todayin terms of peopls views.

and when i mentioend native americans in america .. they didnt consider their way of life as poor... they appreciated nature and it was a good thing
          Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Working...
          X