Re: Favorite Type of rice

Kabsa

Leave a comment:

• iam_muslimah
    replied

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    ^^Is it sweet ball?

loool it's plain rice with dry vermicelli, it's lovely and light, best served with veggies in egyptian salsa

Leave a comment:

• FeedMEknowledge
    replied

^^Is it sweet ball?

ooops should've cleared it first, my bad but still DONT USE IT, OKAY?

yesh yesh :masha: both of them are better cook than I :embar:

i fear cooking it will make it mushy? i dont like mushy veggies unless its in soup :/ blah will buy one small tree to try it at home befor ei decide to buy whole pack lol

thats very true, same in india, we have indian chinese cuisine and its soooo delicious

i dont even remember ramens's taste been agesssssssssss since i had them
    omg sis.. you make me laugh with every post mashallah..

dont cook it too long.. for example if im making a soup.. when im almost done with the soup i will drop some fresh broccoli in.. not too long.. so that it still hasa small crunch to it and tastes fresh but doesnt taste like garden but the flavors in the soup lol. or with cheesy rice and broccoli.. yeah yeah.. just go buy your small tree and tell me how it goes. stop stalling lol... ur making me feel like this a a trip to the dentist office for some little kids who r scared lol

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

^^Is it sweet ball?

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
    ahhhhhh msg sounds familiar now ahahahhahhahahahah yeah.. 'chinese' places out here are known for their msg..

mashallah ur bro looks like he can cook good.. better than you? lol jk.. yummmmmmmmyyyyy

yes it can be eaten raw with salad, but do you like feeling like a rabbit? i sure dont lol. i really feel like a caterpillar eating a leaf or a bunny eating raw veggies

and its funny. i dont like 'real' chinese food either that much.. i like american chinese food lol. what fake chinese restaurants are popular in whatever country you live in

and yep. top ramen is the bomb dot com.. really bad though. thats a college students diet lol
    ooops should've cleared it first, my bad but still DONT USE IT, OKAY?

yesh yesh :masha: both of them are better cook than I :embar:

i fear cooking it will make it mushy? i dont like mushy veggies unless its in soup :/ blah will buy one small tree to try it at home befor ei decide to buy whole pack lol

thats very true, same in india, we have indian chinese cuisine and its soooo delicious

i dont even remember ramens's taste been agesssssssssss since i had them

Leave a comment:

• iam_muslimah
    replied

in English it's Egyptian rice and the soft brown things are dry vermicelli

Leave a comment:

• FeedMEknowledge
    replied

Originally posted by iam_muslimah View Post
    roz bil sha3riah hmmmmmm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58225[/ATTACH]
    can you spell that in english or arabic letter lol.. that looks so cute and pretty. i have had those brown things in tice and they are so soft and good, but i forgot what they are called

Leave a comment:

• iam_muslimah
    replied

roz bil sha3riah hmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• FeedMEknowledge
    replied

ahhhhhh msg sounds familiar now ahahahhahhahahahah yeah.. 'chinese' places out here are known for their msg..

mashallah ur bro looks like he can cook good.. better than you? lol jk.. yummmmmmmmyyyyy

yes it can be eaten raw with salad, but do you like feeling like a rabbit? i sure dont lol. i really feel like a caterpillar eating a leaf or a bunny eating raw veggies

and its funny. i dont like 'real' chinese food either that much.. i like american chinese food lol. what fake chinese restaurants are popular in whatever country you live in

and yep. top ramen is the bomb dot com.. really bad though. thats a college students diet lol
    u sure it cant be eaten raw as in green salad? :$

my bro made fried rice other day but them tikka kababs on top is so and he shouldnt have added coriander either hes obsessed with garnishing hes food lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58224[/ATTACH]

Manchurian is very easy, just google it :up: you guys get ramen noodles there? mmmm had it few times and i loved it. Tried chop suey? I looked up for orange chicken, looks like sweet and sour version?

noooooo looooooool whatt??? am not chinese but i do do lurveee chinese cuisine and i dont mean PURE chinese by that lol....... doubt we get panda express here, hearing it first time infact,

yea same here, dont give much importance to measurements and ingreds unless its for baking especially cake, wouldnt risk it there :p

LOL yea its the brand name, actualy product is called MSG

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

yes.. just dont eat it raw x_x and doont eat it plain please.. lol.. and tell me how it tastes... mmm sweet corn soup sounds fairly good. and ive never heard of manchurian before either.. kinda sounds like this knockoff top ramen instat noodle thing out here.

are you chinese? mashallah.. you know panda express stores sell bottles now..

i always ask for recipes, but im the last person to ask to give one.. and im always 'hooking' up recipes making them my own.. i never(rarely) measure.. my cakes/breads.. i go by eyesight lol. like what makes sense mathematically in ratios
    u sure it cant be eaten raw as in green salad? :$

my bro made fried rice other day but them tikka kababs on top is so and he shouldnt have added coriander either hes obsessed with garnishing hes food lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	rice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	10741328

Manchurian is very easy, just google it :up: you guys get ramen noodles there? mmmm had it few times and i loved it. Tried chop suey? I looked up for orange chicken, looks like sweet and sour version?

noooooo looooooool whatt??? am not chinese but i do do lurveee chinese cuisine and i dont mean PURE chinese by that lol....... doubt we get panda express here, hearing it first time infact,

yea same here, dont give much importance to measurements and ingreds unless its for baking especially cake, wouldnt risk it there :p

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    WOOOW there is a building called Ajinomoto in tokyo...

I want to go there.. How cool is that
    LOL yea its the brand name, actualy product is called MSG

Leave a comment:

• FeedMEknowledge
    replied

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    Its ok sis :love: :jkk:

The reason i asked was because I wasnt sure what the base ingredients of arroz con pollo are, are i basically adapted the taste of the recipe to what my family like.

I use brown rice, chicken.

For spices I use, cumin seeds, peppercorn, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, ground chillies, salt, pepper, lemon juice, worcester sauce, soya sauce, tomatoe puree, fresh tomatoe ( blended ), cilantro, cumin powder, corriander powder, a bit of tumeric, pimento

For veg I use, jalapenos, olives, celery, green bell pepper and petite pois garden peas.
    wa iyyaki..

mmmmmmm you hook your rice up... sounds amazing.. ive never use worchestiser(however you spell it) sauce ... and is soya sauce the same same as soy?

Originally posted by LeylaD View Post
    how can i choose i love rice.. but my fav must be yemeni bukhari rice w chutney and chill sauce:-DD after that basmati

i was thinking of a good sauce

ok... what kind of sauce would go good with kabsa

what kind of sauce would go good with chicken curry?

what kind of sauce would go well with biryani?

i went into the halal shop and i saw like spicy mago chutney.. strawbery chutney.. but i thought it was like grape jelly.. lol.. maybe im wrong..

Leave a comment:

• LeylaD
    replied

how can i choose i love rice.. but my fav must be yemeni bukhari rice w chutney and chill sauce:-DD after that basmati

Leave a comment:

• Maaru
    replied

a chawal thread, this place doesn't fail to amuse, delivers in buckets

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

WOOOW there is a building called Ajinomoto in tokyo...

I want to go there.. How cool is that

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

well i typically go for the puerto rican version of arroz con pollo

MEXICAN-more of a reddish color rice.. some people use tomato paste, chilli powder, paprika, achoite oil,<<< notice all red spices chicken broth.. ur typical veggies.. tomatoes/corn/ oh nd chicken broth.. maybe sofrito

Puerto rican yellow rice(i love yellow rice) arroz con pollo( or arroz amarillo)

olive oil.. onions tiny bit of tomato puree.. chicken broth.. can also use plain water but use TUMERIC : )

p.s i was on my phone early and this >>>What spices do i use to indianify it? was a typo... I meant to ask what spiced do you use to make it indianfied : )
    Its ok sis :love: :jkk:

The reason i asked was because I wasnt sure what the base ingredients of arroz con pollo are, are i basically adapted the taste of the recipe to what my family like.

I use brown rice, chicken.

For spices I use, cumin seeds, peppercorn, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, ground chillies, salt, pepper, lemon juice, worcester sauce, soya sauce, tomatoe puree, fresh tomatoe ( blended ), cilantro, cumin powder, corriander powder, a bit of tumeric, pimento

For veg I use, jalapenos, olives, celery, green bell pepper and petite pois garden peas.

Leave a comment:

• Maya1
    replied

I eat instant brown rice usually. I don't try to compare it to white rice because they taste different, so I appreciate them for what they are. Brown rice has great texture, so it soaks up sauces well, and nuttiness, which just adds another layer of flavor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X