Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Type of rice

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    I knew what cooked fried rice is lol :jkk:, but reading 'basmati' and 'brown' etc, thought you meant different kinds of raw rice

I either first fry a beaten egg then rest of the ingreds or dont add egg at all, then top the dish up with an omelette :) One ingredient I used to luuuuuurve in chinese was ajinomoto but my friend compelled me to give it up :(

What veggies you prefer in it?
    my bad m bad ** wiping forehead

no i meant cooked plain rice, but didnt want to leave it as plain rice.. so cooked basmati plain.. cooked long grain white rice.. cooked brown rice etc(for example that vs using brown rice for kabsa lol) if i make sense :/

and lol at lurve ... never heard of ajinomoto.. hmm... is it like super fattening?

hmm as for veggies.. corn.. littabittapeas( a litle bit of peas) .. umm. i do like broccoli in it.. i know i should have loads of others but i like it simple.. if i make that, i also make homemade chow mein and orange chicken(took forever to make a good sauce like panda expess) .. yummm.. so fattening though.
    Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
      my bad m bad ** wiping forehead

no i meant cooked plain rice, but didnt want to leave it as plain rice.. so cooked basmati plain.. cooked long grain white rice.. cooked brown rice etc(for example that vs using brown rice for kabsa lol) if i make sense :/

and lol at lurve ... never heard of ajinomoto.. hmm... is it like super fattening?

hmm as for veggies.. corn.. littabittapeas( a litle bit of peas) .. umm. i do like broccoli in it.. i know i should have loads of others but i like it simple.. if i make that, i also make homemade chow mein and orange chicken(took forever to make a good sauce like panda expess) .. yummm.. so fattening though.
      loll sall good :up:

yea i get you now :):alhumdull

ajinomoto is a kind of salt widely used in chinese cuisine thats sooooooooo baddddddd for your health, but it has an amazingggggggggg flavorrrrr but still veryyyyyyyy baddddddd for your health :asta: :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajinomoto

Guess what???? I have never ever tried broccoli :/ I had this fear that if I eat it, it will grow in my tummy like a big tree :rotfl:......... why sauce would be fattening for? :s, and whats orange chicken?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
      O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

loll sall good :up:

yea i get you now :):alhumdull

ajinomoto is a kind of salt widely used in chinese cuisine thats sooooooooo baddddddd for your health, but it has an amazingggggggggg flavorrrrr but still veryyyyyyyy baddddddd for your health :asta: :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajinomoto

Guess what???? I have never ever tried broccoli :/ I had this fear that if I eat it, it will grow in my tummy like a big tree :rotfl:......... why sauce would be fattening for? :s, and whats orange chicken?

hmmm i wanna try it...

loool at the tree.. you know i always had a fear of like eating tiny fish like sardines.. or like cow tongue.. i would think the fish was swimming inside of me, or the tongue would lick my stomach.. .cough* the things our minds think of as kids..

but broccoli is good.. only a small tree will grow inside of you.. not too big :p jokes..

you must not live in AMERICA. LOL.. UMMMMMMM.. Orange chicken is like this orangish reddish sauce. but i meant the whole dinner.. fried rice fried noodles oil oil oil. and orange chicken, you first fry the chicken innnnnn oil.. lol but heres a pic
        Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m1gwpt64G91r8h8lro1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	10741304
        Last edited by FeedMEknowledge; 30-08-13, 12:35 AM.
        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

hmmm i wanna try it...

loool at the tree.. you know i always had a fear of like eating tiny fish like sardines.. or like cow tongue.. i would think the fish was swimming inside of me, or the tongue would like my stomach.. .cough* the things our minds think of as kids..

but broccoli is good.. only a small tree will grow inside of you.. not too big :p jokes..

you must not live in AMERICA. LOL.. UMMMMMMM.. Orange chicken is like this orangish reddish sauce. but i meant the whole dinner.. fried rice fried noodles oil oil oil. and orange chicken, you first fry the chicken innnnnn oil.. lol but heres a pic
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]58189[/ATTACH]
          NO!!! you not trying it, its not good

[email protected] fish, thats hilarious :sub: .... I should try broccoli then :insha: will add it in grocery shopping ones I know how to cook it

ahh right, I see, that pic loooks delicious, we complement fried rice with Manchurian :up: and for starters sweet corn soupppppppppp i can have two bowls in one sitting lol infact i only have that, and have rice later.

Please share orange chicken recipe, better be tried and tasted one :D

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

NO!!! you not trying it, its not good

[email protected] fish, thats hilarious :sub: .... I should try broccoli then :insha: will add it in grocery shopping ones I know how to cook it

ahh right, I see, that pic loooks delicious, we complement fried rice with Manchurian :up: and for starters sweet corn soupppppppppp i can have two bowls in one sitting lol infact i only have that, and have rice later.

Please share orange chicken recipe, better be tried and tasted one :D
            yes.. just dont eat it raw x_x and doont eat it plain please.. lol.. and tell me how it tastes... mmm sweet corn soup sounds fairly good. and ive never heard of manchurian before either.. kinda sounds like this knockoff top ramen instat noodle thing out here.

are you chinese? mashallah.. you know panda express stores sell bottles now..

i always ask for recipes, but im the last person to ask to give one.. and im always 'hooking' up recipes making them my own.. i never(rarely) measure.. my cakes/breads.. i go by eyesight lol. like what makes sense mathematically in ratios
            Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

I eat instant brown rice usually. I don't try to compare it to white rice because they taste different, so I appreciate them for what they are. Brown rice has great texture, so it soaks up sauces well, and nuttiness, which just adds another layer of flavor.
              [url=http://www.printingperiod.com/manuals-printing.html]manuals-printing[/url]
              [url=http://www.printingperiod.com/manuals-printing.html]cheap manuals-printing[/url]

Comment

well i typically go for the puerto rican version of arroz con pollo

MEXICAN-more of a reddish color rice.. some people use tomato paste, chilli powder, paprika, achoite oil,<<< notice all red spices chicken broth.. ur typical veggies.. tomatoes/corn/ oh nd chicken broth.. maybe sofrito

Puerto rican yellow rice(i love yellow rice) arroz con pollo( or arroz amarillo)

olive oil.. onions tiny bit of tomato puree.. chicken broth.. can also use plain water but use TUMERIC : )

p.s i was on my phone early and this >>>What spices do i use to indianify it? was a typo... I meant to ask what spiced do you use to make it indianfied : )
                Its ok sis :love: :jkk:

The reason i asked was because I wasnt sure what the base ingredients of arroz con pollo are, are i basically adapted the taste of the recipe to what my family like.

I use brown rice, chicken.

For spices I use, cumin seeds, peppercorn, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, ground chillies, salt, pepper, lemon juice, worcester sauce, soya sauce, tomatoe puree, fresh tomatoe ( blended ), cilantro, cumin powder, corriander powder, a bit of tumeric, pimento

For veg I use, jalapenos, olives, celery, green bell pepper and petite pois garden peas.
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

WOOOW there is a building called Ajinomoto in tokyo...

I want to go there.. How cool is that
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

a chawal thread, this place doesn't fail to amuse, delivers in buckets

Comment

how can i choose i love rice.. but my fav must be yemeni bukhari rice w chutney and chill sauce:-DD after that basmati

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                        Its ok sis :love: :jkk:

The reason i asked was because I wasnt sure what the base ingredients of arroz con pollo are, are i basically adapted the taste of the recipe to what my family like.

I use brown rice, chicken.

For spices I use, cumin seeds, peppercorn, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, ground chillies, salt, pepper, lemon juice, worcester sauce, soya sauce, tomatoe puree, fresh tomatoe ( blended ), cilantro, cumin powder, corriander powder, a bit of tumeric, pimento

For veg I use, jalapenos, olives, celery, green bell pepper and petite pois garden peas.
                        wa iyyaki..

mmmmmmm you hook your rice up... sounds amazing.. ive never use worchestiser(however you spell it) sauce ... and is soya sauce the same same as soy?

Originally posted by LeylaD View Post
                        how can i choose i love rice.. but my fav must be yemeni bukhari rice w chutney and chill sauce:-DD after that basmati

i was thinking of a good sauce

ok... what kind of sauce would go good with kabsa

what kind of sauce would go good with chicken curry?

what kind of sauce would go well with biryani?

i went into the halal shop and i saw like spicy mago chutney.. strawbery chutney.. but i thought it was like grape jelly.. lol.. maybe im wrong..
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

yes.. just dont eat it raw x_x and doont eat it plain please.. lol.. and tell me how it tastes... mmm sweet corn soup sounds fairly good. and ive never heard of manchurian before either.. kinda sounds like this knockoff top ramen instat noodle thing out here.

are you chinese? mashallah.. you know panda express stores sell bottles now..

i always ask for recipes, but im the last person to ask to give one.. and im always 'hooking' up recipes making them my own.. i never(rarely) measure.. my cakes/breads.. i go by eyesight lol. like what makes sense mathematically in ratios
                          u sure it cant be eaten raw as in green salad? :$

my bro made fried rice other day but them tikka kababs on top is so and he shouldnt have added coriander either hes obsessed with garnishing hes food lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	rice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	10741328

Manchurian is very easy, just google it :up: you guys get ramen noodles there? mmmm had it few times and i loved it. Tried chop suey? I looked up for orange chicken, looks like sweet and sour version?

noooooo looooooool whatt??? am not chinese but i do do lurveee chinese cuisine and i dont mean PURE chinese by that lol....... doubt we get panda express here, hearing it first time infact,

yea same here, dont give much importance to measurements and ingreds unless its for baking especially cake, wouldnt risk it there :p

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          WOOOW there is a building called Ajinomoto in tokyo...

I want to go there.. How cool is that
                          LOL yea its the brand name, actualy product is called MSG

sigpic

Comment

ahhhhhh msg sounds familiar now ahahahhahhahahahah yeah.. 'chinese' places out here are known for their msg..

mashallah ur bro looks like he can cook good.. better than you? lol jk.. yummmmmmmmyyyyy

yes it can be eaten raw with salad, but do you like feeling like a rabbit? i sure dont lol. i really feel like a caterpillar eating a leaf or a bunny eating raw veggies

and its funny. i dont like 'real' chinese food either that much.. i like american chinese food lol. what fake chinese restaurants are popular in whatever country you live in

and yep. top ramen is the bomb dot com.. really bad though. thats a college students diet lol
                            u sure it cant be eaten raw as in green salad? :$

my bro made fried rice other day but them tikka kababs on top is so and he shouldnt have added coriander either hes obsessed with garnishing hes food lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58224[/ATTACH]

Manchurian is very easy, just google it :up: you guys get ramen noodles there? mmmm had it few times and i loved it. Tried chop suey? I looked up for orange chicken, looks like sweet and sour version?

noooooo looooooool whatt??? am not chinese but i do do lurveee chinese cuisine and i dont mean PURE chinese by that lol....... doubt we get panda express here, hearing it first time infact,

yea same here, dont give much importance to measurements and ingreds unless its for baking especially cake, wouldnt risk it there :p

LOL yea its the brand name, actualy product is called MSG
                            Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

roz bil sha3riah hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by iam_muslimah View Post
                                roz bil sha3riah hmmmmmm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58225[/ATTACH]
                                can you spell that in english or arabic letter lol.. that looks so cute and pretty. i have had those brown things in tice and they are so soft and good, but i forgot what they are called
                                Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X