X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Type of rice

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
    well i typically go for the puerto rican version of arroz con pollo

MEXICAN-more of a reddish color rice.. some people use tomato paste, chilli powder, paprika, achoite oil,<<< notice all red spices chicken broth.. ur typical veggies.. tomatoes/corn/ oh nd chicken broth.. maybe sofrito

Puerto rican yellow rice(i love yellow rice) arroz con pollo( or arroz amarillo)

olive oil.. onions tiny bit of tomato puree.. chicken broth.. can also use plain water but use TUMERIC : )

p.s i was on my phone early and this >>>What spices do i use to indianify it? was a typo... I meant to ask what spiced do you use to make it indianfied : )
    what a weird way to make Mexican rice :| we do it by frying the rice in oil and onions then throwing in chicken bouillon with tomato in a 2 cups of water then let it simmer for 20mins boom Mexican rice.

Comment

Plain basmati is the best.

Comment

Biryani made of Basmati Rice. Sella rice is ok.
        "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Did you just wikipedia 'rice' and found them name list lol or you have actually had them all?

and what is fried rice? :s how do you fry them?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
            Did you just wikipedia 'rice' and found them name list lol or you have actually had them all?

Chinese fry rice, well that's what I figured
            Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
              I prefer chicken chow mein mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                I prefer chicken chow mein mmmm
                Don't like the texture of chow mein much
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

But that would be cooked, no?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                  O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Don't like the texture of chow mein much
                    u don't like noodles too much??

Comment

the hungry
                      Yeah you are right.
                      Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

what a weird way to make Mexican rice :| we do it by frying the rice in oil and onions then throwing in chicken bouillon with tomato in a 2 cups of water then let it simmer for 20mins boom Mexican rice.
                        yes... i too do the same thing with oil.. she didnt ask for the recipe.. she asked what are things used in it.. like the certain spices to make it 'mexican' i never talked about boiling,baking,frying,broiling etc... lol..

p.s mexicans in mexico dont make mexican rice with chicken boullion but i get your point.. thanks for adding recipe steps for her
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post

i was feeling ricy.. and i love to cook.. and the only thing i have not had on the list is biryani, but many people have mentioned it, and i would like to try it..

also took rop cooking in highschool lol so we made even more 'american' rice dishes..

fried rice as in panda express fried rice.. you know you fry the rice and then add soy sauce .. veggies.. etc.. also move all of the cooked rice to the rim of the pan and creack some eggs in the center.. (you have to be skilled) wham.. you have the real deal fried rice...

p.s i prefer to homemake things anyway so if the hubby wants chinese/italian(risotto) / mexican/ etc i can make it without going to a restaurant lol.

you fry the rice in oil(dont burn them) kinda like how aisha said to do it... but be sure when you make rice the ratio is 1:2 .. so if you use one cup of rice, after its fried, you add two cups of water... bring to a boil.. then cover on low heat.. wala! awesome fluffy rice.. wont be sticky like sticky rice though because the oil separates the rice pieces.
                          Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

yes... i too do the same thing with oil.. she didnt ask for the recipe.. she asked what are things used in it.. like the certain spices to make it 'mexican' i never talked about boiling,baking,frying,broiling etc... lol..

p.s mexicans in mexico dont make mexican rice with chicken boullion but i get your point.. thanks for adding recipe steps for her
                            its a shortcut way but mostly only use tomato sauce and I never said anything about a recipe, I just saw all those things you were saying looked so complicated when Mexican rice is the easiest rices to make.
                            Last edited by *aisha*; 29-08-13, 11:13 PM.

Comment

its a shortcut way but mostly only use tomato sauce and I never said anything about a recipe
                              you said what a weird way to make it to me .. i never described how to make it.. you gave steps and a time frame lol.

do you know how to make your own tomato sauce? I feel that tomato sauce in a can taste like baby food tomato sauce with like those noodles that you can mush with your fingers ^_^ ..... and me no likey
                              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

i was feeling ricy.. and i love to cook.. and the only thing i have not had on the list is biryani, but many people have mentioned it, and i would like to try it..

also took rop cooking in highschool lol so we made even more 'american' rice dishes..

fried rice as in panda express fried rice.. you know you fry the rice and then add soy sauce .. veggies.. etc.. also move all of the cooked rice to the rim of the pan and creack some eggs in the center.. (you have to be skilled) wham.. you have the real deal fried rice...

p.s i prefer to homemake things anyway so if the hubby wants chinese/italian(risotto) / mexican/ etc i can make it without going to a restaurant lol.

you fry the rice in oil(dont burn them) kinda like how aisha said to do it... but be sure when you make rice the ratio is 1:2 .. so if you use one cup of rice, after its fried, you add two cups of water... bring to a boil.. then cover on low heat.. wala! awesome fluffy rice.. wont be sticky like sticky rice though because the oil separates the rice pieces.
                                I knew what cooked fried rice is lol :jkk:, but reading 'basmati' and 'brown' etc, thought you meant different kinds of raw rice

I either first fry a beaten egg then rest of the ingreds or dont add egg at all, then top the dish up with an omelette :) One ingredient I used to luuuuuurve in chinese was ajinomoto but my friend compelled me to give it up :(

What veggies you prefer in it?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X