Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is namaz(salah) obligatory for zaif(old) people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is namaz(salah) obligatory for zaif(old) people?

Assalamualeikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

My grandmother is of very good health alhamdullilah.She doesnt have BP or diabetes or anything else Jazakallah....but due to an accident she has broken her leg n hence cannot stand up or even sit properly.Doctors say even operation is not possible because of her old age.So, she cannot stay clean.She has a urine infection problem so she has to toilet often and also her attender comes to her only once a day.So,most of the time she doesnt have taharat.So i want to know if salah is still a farz for her or can she offer salah without taharat and wuzu(ablution).
    Thank you.

Re: is namaz(salah) obligatory for zaif(old) people?

Originally posted by taqhee View Post

My grandmother is of very good health alhamdullilah.She doesnt have BP or diabetes or anything else Jazakallah....but due to an accident she has broken her leg n hence cannot stand up or even sit properly.Doctors say even operation is not possible because of her old age.So, she cannot stay clean.She has a urine infection problem so she has to toilet often and also her attender comes to her only once a day.So,most of the time she doesnt have taharat.So i want to know if salah is still a farz for her or can she offer salah without taharat and wuzu(ablution).
    Thank you.
    Ask a scholar about this.

If a person can not stand, they can sit. If they cannot do that, they can lie down. If not that, blink their eyes or move their face.

Salah is an obligation for everyone after they reach puberty.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you.
      As stated by akhi Firestar101,

Salah is still Obligatory upon her,

Salaah should be prayed standing, if a Person cannot stand than they can sit and pray, if they cannot sit, they can Lie and pray with Isharaa (Indication)

as far as I am aware, if a person cannot do Wudu with water, then they can do Tayamum with dry sand/clay etc

you'll have to ask a Scholar or an Alim about physical purity/Taharaat,

:jkk:
      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 27-08-13, 01:17 AM.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

You gotta take that to an Alim
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

:salams,

Nobody, no matter what condition is exempted from Salat.
          If you can't pray standing then pray sitting, if you can't pray sitting then pray laying down.

I cannot speak on the issue of taharat, that would be best to ask a scholar.
          But if you guys could help clean her before every salat that would definitely be better
          Last edited by Yunus aua; 27-08-13, 03:44 AM.
          Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

In whichever condition, Salah is more than an obligation -it is a rendez- vous of privilege with Allah s.t.as taught by our Holy Prophet five times a day.What a blessing !

Comment

Thank you my dear brothers for all your replies

She can pray sitting so no problem...but the problem is taharat.I cant get in touch with a scholar.If any of you can consult an alim it would be very helpful

Comment

Thank you my dear brothers for all your replies

She can pray sitting so no problem...but the problem is taharat.I cant get in touch with a scholar.If any of you can consult an alim it would be very helpful

You can try Shaykh Assim
                Or IslamQA , IslamQA takes long and has inconvenient open times, from my experience though
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

thanks a lot :)

Comment

Working...
                  X