Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is lying permissible in a situation like this

Assalaam alaikoem everyone,

I just signed up [after lurking for a long time :D] because I'm having a dilemma and I hope you can help me out in sha Allah(please don't mind my English mistakes since it's not my first language). I'm a Middle Eastern & Arabic language student & I just love my study. I can now understand Arabic alhamdoellilah. There is only one downside to my study, in the 4th year we need to study abroad for 6 months. I know what you're thinking, I shouldn't have chosen this study in the first place, but in the beginning I didn't really care about the fact that it's haram to travel without a mahram[may Allah forgive me]. On top of that I have met this great muslim guy whom I'm going to marry and I prefer to be married as soon as possible instead of waiting a year and marry after my study abroad. My school only gives permission to do a internship in my own country in urgent cases such as health issues et cetera. I dont want to lie about my health but what if I'd come up with things like having debts/financial difficulties which makes it hard for me to go abroad. What would you do in my case?

Many thanks in advance & may Allah reward you.

Re: Is lying permissible in a situation like this

:wswrwb:
    Welcome to the forum sister.

IVK? :) (If you get it, you get it)

Insha Allah you should ask a local imam of yours as they will get a more detailed picture of your situation.
    أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

Salaams,

Thanks for your reply brother!

I honestly don't know what you mean ;).
      I have considered that indeed, but before I leave my house(which means leaving my computer all alone, just jk) I'm eager to hear other's opinions on this.

Comment

Help me please I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurah View Post
          Help me please I'd really appreciate it.
          Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Don't lie, you will regret it later. It will be recorded on your left shoulder, and the consequences are worse than the benefits, even if you don't see them. Don't you remember what Allah and His Messenger said about lying and liars? The consequences are severe.
          Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mustafa Mahmud View Post
            Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Don't lie, you will regret it later. It will be recorded on your left shoulder, and the consequences are worse than the benefits, even if you don't see them. Don't you remember what Allah and His Messenger said about lying and liars? The consequences are severe.
            Wa alaikoem assalaam wa rahmatoellahi wa barakutuh

Thank you for your fast response! I absolutely know lying is a sin, but what if it's in the case of avoiding another? (In this case travelling without a mahram).

Comment

Wa alaikoem assalaam wa rahmatoellahi wa barakutuh

Thank you for your fast response! I absolutely know lying is a sin, but what if it's in the case of avoiding another? (In this case travelling without a mahram).
              Do you absolutely have to study alone? You can't take your dad/brother with you?
              Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Maybe you can tell your school you are absolutely frightened at the prospect of being alone without your father or brother.

And you would be right since you are afraid of Allah and his wrath and punishment.

Comment

Do you absolutely have to study alone? You can't take your dad/brother with you?
                  I don't have a brother and my dad has to provide for my mother and younger sisters.. Well I'm not completely alone, but Ill be living in an appartment with my (female) classmates.

Comment

I don't have a brother and my dad has to provide for my mother and younger sisters.. Well I'm not completely alone, but Ill be living in an appartment with my (female) classmates.
                    What if you were to get married to this brother and he stays with you in a separate apartment...then you don't need to stay with a mahram.

Comment

Assalaam alaikoem everyone,

I just signed up [after lurking for a long time :D] because I'm having a dilemma and I hope you can help me out in sha Allah(please don't mind my English mistakes since it's not my first language). I'm a Middle Eastern & Arabic language student & I just love my study. I can now understand Arabic alhamdoellilah. There is only one downside to my study, in the 4th year we need to study abroad for 6 months. I know what you're thinking, I shouldn't have chosen this study in the first place, but in the beginning I didn't really care about the fact that it's haram to travel without a mahram[may Allah forgive me]. On top of that I have met this great muslim guy whom I'm going to marry and I prefer to be married as soon as possible instead of waiting a year and marry after my study abroad. My school only gives permission to do a internship in my own country in urgent cases such as health issues et cetera. I dont want to lie about my health but what if I'd come up with things like having debts/financial difficulties which makes it hard for me to go abroad. What would you do in my case?

Many thanks in advance & may Allah reward you.
                      You said health issues and etc. What is etc.? Have you tried for a religious exemption?

I would go to them and say, "I can't due to my religion and it would cause me severe distress"

Comment

Maybe you can tell your school you are absolutely frightened at the prospect of being alone without your father or brother.

And you would be right since you are afraid of Allah and his wrath and punishment.
                        My school is very strict on that, I have seen it with other students who tried not to go. They only give permission if you have a "real" problem like health etc.
                        What if you were to get married to this brother and he stays with you in a separate apartment...then you don't need to stay with a mahram.
                        He has his own studies in this country too so he can't leave unfortunately, otherwise it would be so much easier.

Thanks a lot for your help though :)

Comment

My school is very strict on that, I have seen it with other students who tried not to go. They only give permission if you have a "real" problem like health etc.

He has his own studies in this country too so he can't leave unfortunately, otherwise it would be so much easier.

Thanks a lot for your help though :)
                          Maybe I didn't read everything correctly.

Could you not graduate for a year or two, get married and return to the school?

Comment

You said health issues and etc. What is etc.? Have you tried for a religious exemption?

I would go to them and say, "I can't due to my religion and it would cause me severe distress"
                            Things like financial problems, being pregnant, need to take care of people(elder parents) and that kinda stuff.

I think they'll just say why did you chose this study in the first place If you can't go.. Again they don't give permission for every excuse (too bad). You need to get an unanimous decision from the board of examiners =.='

Comment

Things like financial problems, being pregnant, need to take care of people(elder parents) and that kinda stuff.

I think they'll just say why did you chose this study in the first place If you can't go.. Again they don't give permission for every excuse (too bad). You need to get an unanimous decision from the board of examiners =.='
                              In which country is this?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X