Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have spoken the truth, broken family ties, and my family now hate me

Salaam,

So I have good evidence (photographic) that my cousin (let's call her F) committed a major sin (zina). Mistakenly I told other people in my family. It's spread like wildfire, and now, my family despises me. Unsurprisingly, none has come close to saying anything about about my cousin.

Frankly I am sick and tired how she commits haraam after haraam after haraam. It feels like my grandmother is brainwashed, who gave me curse after curse after curse. She went to the point of saying my wife will be a sleazy girl. What the hell?

Regardless, I need advice. My cousin's mum is obviously very unhappy and I think she's on the verge of depression. Now my other cousins (who come from a pious family) have lambasted me and said what F has done is none of my business and Allah will question me on the day of judgement. Apparently, I have sinned gravely for backbiting.

Funnily enough, F has exposed her anti-Islamic behaviour all over the internet. Anyone could look at it. So I don't even know why everyone is shouting and screaming at me. I have apologised to F's mother for any hurt that I may have caused her (and I am deeply sorry about this, because I can't imagine how ashamed she must feel for having a whore as a daughter and how everyone knows about it).

When I get angry, I get angry. I showed zero tact and this is a result. Heh.

As far as I know, the Prophet S.A.W. said to speak the truth even if it is bitter, and to speak against evil. Furthermore, I do not want my family tainted with such anti-Islamic influences. The fact nobody seems to be concerned over what F has done is downright hilarious - they seem to be more angry at me! LOL.

My friends, please advise me. What course of action should I take? What course of action shouldn't I take? All advice will be appreciated.
    Last edited by TruthAndJustice; 24-08-13, 03:04 PM.

Re: I have spoken the truth, broken family ties, and my family now hate me

Originally posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Salaam,

So I have good evidence (photographic) that my cousin (let's call her F) committed a major sin (zina). Mistakenly I told other people in my family. It's spread like wildfire, and now, my family despises me. Unsurprisingly, none has come close to saying anything about about my cousin.

Frankly I am sick and tired how she commits haraam after haraam after haraam. It feels like my grandmother is brainwashed, who gave me curse after curse after curse. She went to the point of saying my wife will be a sleazy girl. What the hell?

Regardless, I need advice. My cousin's mum is obviously very unhappy and I think she's on the verge of depression. Now my other cousins (who come from a pious family) have lambasted me and said what F has done is none of my business and Allah will question me on the day of judgement. Apparently, I have sinned gravely for backbiting.

Funnily enough, F has exposed her anti-Islamic behaviour all over the internet. Anyone could look at it. So I don't even know why everyone is shouting and screaming at me. I have apologised to F's mother for any hurt that I may have caused her (and I am deeply sorry about this, because I can't imagine how ashamed she must feel for having a whore as a daughter and how everyone knows about it).

When I get angry, I get angry. I showed zero tact and this is a result. Heh.

As far as I know, the Prophet S.A.W. said to speak the truth even if it is bitter, and to speak against evil. Furthermore, I do not want my family tainted with such anti-Islamic influences. The fact nobody seems to be concerned over what F has done is downright hilarious - they seem to be more angry at me! LOL.

My friends, please advise me. What course of action should I take? What course of action shouldn't I take? All advice will be appreciated.
    Hold your ground.

Comment

Provided TruthAndJustice has correctly revealed the fact, Doc is right.

Comment

Could have sworn you posted this before.....
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

should have been more tactful but it's too late now. They will get over it, give them time

Comment

Exposing someones sins isn't speaking the truth.

Comment

I can understand how you feel as I've experienced some unexpectedly nasty reactions from family for refusing to do something because of my beliefs. My brother very very nearly broke ties with me for refusing to go for Christmas lunch at his house and my parents sided with him. I only said I thought it was inappropriate and he started swearing at me and all sorts, but he is mum's favourite so he can do no wrong as far as they are concerned (he also tells people that he doesn't celebrate Christmas lol- obviously what he says and what he does seem to be different things). I didn't even raise my voice or use bad words.

All I can say is make dua that they are guided and also learn to keep your temper. You could have told the truth without being harsh about it and maybe it would've caused less offense. If the relatives don't care about her sins then maybe it would be better for you to keep your distance, have less contact with them but don't break ties completely. I'm unpleasantly surprised at how many people I know who take zina so lightly like it's no big deal.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
              X