Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a wooden plank in modern madrassas

Assalam alaykum

What do you think of sending your child to a madrassa where children learn the quran in without a mushaf but with a wooden plank ?

I personally think that its the best way to memorise the Quran and most scholars agree.

So why not teach quran like that.

Re: using a wooden plank in modern madrassas

:wswrwb:

I've read about so many different methodes of memorization, and I do think that learning by writing on the wooden plank is beneficial. But even more than that(I think) is the repetition.

I've read about this method in Mauritania and after writing the new lesson on the plank they repeat it 300 times! :sub: Then the next day is a new lesson(300x) and the previous lesson is repeated 150 times, then 75 the next day, and 10 after that insha Allah(if I remember correctly). I imagine you would know it solidly by repeating that many times whether you write it or not.

I've experienced benefit myself by repeating a new lesson in a day 20-50 times(or as many as I can) and halfing that the next day, etc. I have not been able to manage my time so that I can repeat a new page 300 times in a day.

May Allah make us all successfull in our hifz and keep it strong in our minds and our hearts. Ameen.

Comment

The the physical act of writing out the Quran teaches a student also the beautiful arabic script that is associated with writing the mushaf.

This method is superior in every aspect of hifdh and the extra sciences that it brings with it of voweling and writing alongside basic caligraphy.

So why has it not been taken up by say madrassas in the west.

Comment

The more sensory us used,the more learning by far. since the plank method combines visual auditory and touch it would be very effective for Quran memorization.
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

in pakistan , molvi saab uses wooden planks to beat the .... out of the kid.

Comment

as long as they are learning the quran properly then fine

they probably don't do this in the west because the kids here are just not used to learning that way.
            over here it's more whiteboard, quizzes, games and technology that are used to teach (not just Quran but everything)
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Writing out anything you are learning in Arabic helps you remember it very well. Not had the same experience with English, although it does help a bit. Unfortunately our local madrassah has issues way beyond whether they use a wooden plank or not.

Comment

My ustaad used to write the ayaat on a blackboard.

Comment

I know in france belgium and holland the north african community teachws like this.

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                    as long as they are learning the quran properly then fine

they probably don't do this in the west because the kids here are just not used to learning that way.
                    over here it's more whiteboard, quizzes, games and technology that are used to teach (not just Quran but everything)
                    ^^^^ i think that kids adapt very quickly. With all these "other" methods we are still producing huffaadh of lower quality than those countries. All the scholars i have spoken to have said that the teaching with the plank is the most effective way.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                      Writing out anything you are learning in Arabic helps you remember it very well. Not had the same experience with English, although it does help a bit. Unfortunately our local madrassah has issues way beyond whether they use a wooden plank or not.
                      They produce very few hufaadh sadly. Then there is the issue of nothing being avaible after the child memorises the Quran.

Comment

Wa alaykumasalaam

If its effective then why not? Although I was gonna say it depends on the child and their exposure as in if they're so exposed to technology then maybe they won't be so keen on using this system? Dunno just a thought.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I disagree with you brother. I think memorizing from the mushaf is much better because it takes less time and less effort. A person can memorize the Qur'an much faster. One can argue that those huffaadh who memorized by writing down are stronger but I would argue against that.
                          please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

I think using both the plank and the Mushaf would be a great combination. First memorizing from the Mushaf will help the child become familiar with tajweed and the lettering. And writing on the plank, will help with the memorization, understanding and help improve their Arabic handwriting. I've seen a lot of older Muslims in the masjid who have beautiifuuuul handwriting but they can't put words together because of their lack of the Arabic knowledge.
                            الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X