Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant stand my neighbors.

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim,

Assalamualaikum, warahmatullahi, wabarakatu.

Alhamdulilah, i live with my mother and brother in a beautiful gallery-appartment. Its big, we have a lot of rooms, and the rent is low. Alhamdulilah. But there is one thing that im not so happy about: my neighbors.

I live in an appartment where almost all families are muslim. A lot of families also have little children.

Their children are very disrespectful. They litter and make a lot of noise. Every evening, even during and after shalat Magrib. If you say something about it, they say "shut the **** up". They are between the age of 5 -12. You cant talk to their parents either, because their parents are also very loud and stay up late. Sometimes from Magrib till Fadjr. It seems like they really dont care about their neighbors. I thought we were all muslim brothers and sisters?

We are the only south east asian family in our appartment. When i walk by, the little kids make ching chong sounds and call me "stupid chinese" or say "**** you". I dont say anyhing back, because im really afraid that im gonna lose it and beat them up. Astagfirullah. It really breaks my heart to see that Muslim children nowadays dont have any manners or respect towards others.

And then we have this neighborwoman. She always looks so mad when she sees my mom carrying a bag of groceries. She doesnt even want to say "assalamualaikum" (when she sees us with shopping bags). Well, sometimes she says it, but she mumbles it, so you cant hear it clear. I wonder, why does she act like that? Wont her husband give her any money to go shopping?Now, whenever i go shopping, i bring my large bag (a tote), to hide my purchases from my neighbors. Because they spot plastic/paper bags from stores a mile away (and give dirty looks)

I really want to move sooo badly, i cant take it any longer. but my mom doesnt want to. She also very annoyed with our neighbors, but she says we have to be Sabr. Allah SWT is with the believers who are patient, she says. Yeah, i know. But what about them? Dont they know that being good for your neighbors is also a big part of Islam? We never complain to our neighbors about their or their children's behaviour, we just sit at home and swallow it. I cringe everytime one of those kids knock on our door/window for fun. Were afraid that we might get into a huge fight with them if we say something about it.

What should i do? Thank you so much. My apologies if i sound whiny.

Re: i cant stand my neighbors.

those little needs to get slapped up- little rats
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      Agreed! They need a butt whoopin to the highest degree
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Last edited by Safaa; 19-08-13, 08:47 AM.

Comment

:wswrwb:

From experience with having to deal with the arrival of new neighbours who have children who make SO much noise at times and to which it seems their parents say nothing, if you've spoken to their parents and nothing changes... well, its unlikely anything will change and you just have to deal with it :( People get especially touchy where their children are concerned, this tends to make resolving such issues far more difficult.

Unfortunately, just because your neighbours are Muslim that doesn't mean they'll automatically practice every aspect of Islam... I would still try to maybe speak with them. Try not to get angry (I realise its difficult when this has been going on for sometime, but all the same) and offer them that which you ask them: let them know that should they have any issues with the noise level from your own home or anything like that, they can feel free to bring up such issues with you and your family.

I wouldn't fight fire with fire, that would just inflame the situation and isn't exactly becoming of a Muslim... is it? :/ but in regards to the part Safaa mentioned about maybe inviting them over in the hopes they'll remember to be more considerate of you as their neighbour: I'd try it.
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowergirl View Post
            Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim,

Alhamdulilah, i live with my mother and brother in a beautiful gallery-appartment. Its big, we have a lot of rooms, and the rent is low. Alhamdulilah. But there is one thing that im not so happy about: my neighbors.

I live in an appartment where almost all families are muslim. A lot of families also have little children.

Their children are very disrespectful. They litter and make a lot of noise. Every evening, even during and after shalat Magrib. If you say something about it, they say "shut the **** up". They are between the age of 5 -12. You cant talk to their parents either, because their parents are also very loud and stay up late. Sometimes from Magrib till Fadjr. It seems like they really dont care about their neighbors. I thought we were all muslim brothers and sisters?

We are the only south east asian family in our appartment. When i walk by, the little kids make ching chong sounds and call me "stupid chinese" or say "**** you". I dont say anyhing back, because im really afraid that im gonna lose it and beat them up. Astagfirullah. It really breaks my heart to see that Muslim children nowadays dont have any manners or respect towards others.

And then we have this neighborwoman. She always looks so mad when she sees my mom carrying a bag of groceries. She doesnt even want to say "assalamualaikum" (when she sees us with shopping bags). Well, sometimes she says it, but she mumbles it, so you cant hear it clear. I wonder, why does she act like that? Wont her husband give her any money to go shopping?Now, whenever i go shopping, i bring my large bag (a tote), to hide my purchases from my neighbors. Because they spot plastic/paper bags from stores a mile away (and give dirty looks)

I really want to move sooo badly, i cant take it any longer. but my mom doesnt want to. She also very annoyed with our neighbors, but she says we have to be Sabr. Allah SWT is with the believers who are patient, she says. Yeah, i know. But what about them? Dont they know that being good for your neighbors is also a big part of Islam? We never complain to our neighbors about their or their children's behaviour, we just sit at home and swallow it. I cringe everytime one of those kids knock on our door/window for fun. Were afraid that we might get into a huge fight with them if we say something about it.

What should i do? Thank you so much. My apologies if i sound whiny.
            No Matter how much a Muslim may Irritate you, we are not Permitted to Hate/Despise or Have Grudges against them,

Give Dawah if you can, otherwise make Frequent Dua for your Neighbour,

:jkk:
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
              +1

Comment

Working...
              X