** The Killer Whale Appreciation Thread **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** The Killer Whale Appreciation Thread **

I think killer whales are awesome so here is a thread where we can share killer whale stories, killer whale pictures and killer whale videos for all those who like killer whales.

Show your appreciation and contribute:

Re: ** The Killer Whale Appreciation Thread **

that video was depressing
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Interesting fact, Killer Whales are not actually whales. They're part of the Dolphin family.

Another interesting fact, some people call killer whales the wolves of the sea because of how they hunt. Awesome creatures though, mashaa'Allah. They're boss.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

shamooooooo

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
        Surah An-Nisa 69-78
        "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

killer whales kill great white sharks. also killer whales never attack humans and they sound so beautiful too:love:

Comment

Their fake "eye" (the big white spots) always freaked me out, I guess that's the whole point of 'em
            Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Are they halal to eat?
              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                Are they halal to eat?
                Don't see why not, if I'm not mistaken everything from the sea is halal.
                Some madhab differ on shellfish though
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Sayyiduna Jabir ibn Abd Allah (Allah be pleased with him) said: �The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) sent troops to the sea-coast and appointed Abu Ubayda ibn al-Jarrah (Allah be pleased with him) as their commander, and they were 300 (men). We set out, and we had covered some distance on the way, when our journey-food and provision ran short. So Abu Ubayda ordered that all the food present with the troops be collected, and it was collected.

Our journey-food was dates, and Abu Ubayda kept on giving us our daily share from it little by little until it decreased to such an extent that we did not receive except a date each.

I asked (Jabir): �How did you survive on one date?� He said: �We came to know its value when even that finished.� Jabir added: �Then we reached the sea (coast) where we found a fish like a small mountain. The people (i.e. troops) ate from it for 18 nights (i.e. days). Then Abu Ubayda ordered that two of its ribs be fixed on the ground (in the form of an arch) and that a she-camel be ridden and passed under them. So it passed under them without touching them.� (Sahih al-Bukhari, no: 4102, Kitab al-Maghazi)

anoither narration:

We set out in the army of al-Khabt and Abu Ubayda (Allah be pleased with him) was the commander of the troops. We were struck with severe hunger and the sea threw out a dead fish the like of which we had never seen, and it was called al-Anbar. We ate of it for half a month. Abu Ubayda took (and fixed) one of its bones and a rider passed underneath it (without touching it). Abu Ubayda said (to us): �Eat (of that fish).� When we arrived at Madina, we informed the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) about what had happened, and he said: �Eat, for it is food Allah has brought out for you, and feed us if you have some of it.� So some of them gave him (of that fish) and he ate it.� (Sahih al-Bukhari, no: 4104)

Ruling:
                  http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...=4778&CATE=107
                  Last edited by Mikha’eel; 08-08-13, 01:00 PM.
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

sounds like a whale shark to me^, those are very common in the arabian gulf

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                      sounds like a whale shark to me^, those are very common in the arabian gulf
                      From what I've read, they said it was a beached sperm whale. But Allahu 'Alam.
                      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                      Surah al-Baqarah
                      [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                        Are they halal to eat?
                        all creatures from the sea are halal

Lawful to you is the pursuit of water-game and its use for food,- for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel; but forbidden is the pursuit of land-game;- as long as ye are in the sacred precincts or in pilgrim garb. And fear Allah, to Whom ye shall be gathered back.

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
                        Surah An-Nisa 69-78
                        "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                          From what I've read, they said it was a beached sperm whale. But Allahu 'Alam.
                          sounds huge imagine walking though it with camels,, eww and woah

Comment

random

Comment

Working...
                            X