Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I follow the 5 tenants of Islam. Can I marry a Muslim now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I follow the 5 tenants of Islam. Can I marry a Muslim now?

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
    I always said it "Ashadu an La ilaha il Allah, Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah and no one ever said I was saying it wrong... and Ive seen many people convert and the Sheiks and Imams tell them to say it the same way or the way you said it
    This is correct, however another form of the Shahadah, as long as contains the same meaning does not invalidate the Shahadah.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Assalaamu alaykum,

There seems to be some confusion over whether you are Muslim or not, if not then to answer your question, following the five pillars includes reciting the Shahadah, publicly and openly so formally becoming a Muslim. You cannot practice the other four without the first.

So if you have not formally become a Muslim then do so and practice upon it sincerely. People come into Islam for all sorts of seasons, doesn't mean your Shahadah is not valid, we treat Muslims, especially new Muslims at face value and treat you as such.

So say it now, recite it out loud and type here and may Allaah swt accept it from you.

Regarding her parents refusing a Muslim as a revert, or different caste, race, etc. This is 'Jahiliyyah' which means ignorance and there is even an instance of a Sahabah proposing to a woman at the time of Muhammad (pbuh), though at the time he was non-Muslim, she refused him because of this. When he entered into Islam, she then accepted him and said the entering into Islam was her Mahr, the gift given to the wife upon marriage.

So not only is it not only allowed for such a marriage to take place, there is a precedent from the best of generations.
      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Make sure from both of the families first, and this girl as well. Because the changing attitude from both sides will cause very very horrible outcomes ahead, you don't seem to well prepared either, that you can avoid this all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X