Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I follow the 5 tenants of Islam. Can I marry a Muslim now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I follow the 5 tenants of Islam. Can I marry a Muslim now?

Assalaam Alaikum friends. I am (rather was) a Hindu and I am in love with a Muslim girl. We have known each other for 3 years, have been the best of friends are deeply in love with each other and want to get married. No surprises that her family is against this.

I decided to read the Holy Quran to get more perspective and found out that I believe in what is written in the holy book.

I always have believed in the oneness of God, I believe that Prophet Muhammed (SAWS) was Allah's Messenger, I do Zakat, I am keeping the fasts during Ramadan and I pray to God as well. This leaves only pilgrimage from the five tenants of Islam which I plan to do some time really soon.

I would also like to say that I am doing all this wholeheartedly. The girl may be the reason, but I believe in what I am doing is right and is by the will of Allah. I will follow the tenants for the rest of my life.

Am I eligible to marry her now?

Her family still seems to have a problem, but now they are being unreasonable and not giving any reasons. :mellow:

Please help me friends. Am i missing something? Am i on the correct path? help.gif

Ramadan Karim to all!

Allah Haafiz.
    Last edited by the_vulcan; 25-07-13, 04:00 PM.

Re: I follow the 5 tenants of Islam. Can I marry a Muslim now?

Ultimate question - you havent said if If you consider youself a Muslim? You say you follow the 5 pillars, but do you believe in the There is no God but Allah and Muhammad (saws) was His messenger (and the last one)? If so then you are as Muslim as any other Muslim out there.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

How long you been Muslim?

Comment

If you've sincerely accepted Islam, then your marriage would be halal - but whether or not it'll happen is another matter.
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

That is exactly my point. By the grace of Allah, I truly believe in him and Muhammad(saws) being his messenger. But her mother's continuous refusal and denial of the same has taken me aback. I do not have any proof except Allah himself that what I am doing is what I believe in and I will believe in this and follow the righteous path for the rest of my life. I think that they do not believe me. What can i do to make them believe?

Comment

I have been reading the Holy Quran for about a month now and have been fasting (by the grace of Allah) since the beginning of Ramadan

Comment

If what you say is correct with regards to your belief and aactions in deen then marrying a muslimah is allowed for you

Having a GF isnt allowed for you now, but your accountability as a new muslim is lessened if not voided altogether

The girl in question.......thats another matter

Comment

Doesn't it bother you that the woman you want to marry doesn't abide by Islam?
                Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 25-07-13, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Don't be a muslim for the sake of marrying the girl.

ALLAH knows whether or not you're sincere and remember that actions are by their intentions and you'll get what you intend. So if something was to happen and you weren't meant to marry her will you leave Islam too?

There's no such thing as a girlfriend or a boyfriend.

Her family probably have their own reasons which may be justified because you shouldn't be with their daughter unlawfully.

Make a connection with Allah and with your Islaam and forget the girl.

I am with the parents on this. How long have you been muslim? Why would they let their daughter marry someone who just accepted islam without knowing his committment to it? Sounds fishy and i may be wrong so don't get offended. If you're serious about Islam then you'd leave this girl.

And no one take my post out of context or add a meaning to it that was unintended especially if you may think that i am discriminating against reverts etc. Don't misunderstand the context.
                  Last edited by F_R; 25-07-13, 03:56 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

My faith in the Oneness of God will stay with me for the rest of my life (as will the other tenants) irrespective of the fact that I get to marry the girl or not.

Also, I am in love with this girl by the wish of Allah and leaving her is not an option.

I understand that it sounds fishy, but Allah knows the truth. Unfortunately, her parents do not :/

Comment

Being in love with her don't matter.

If it's meant to be and ALLAH really has it decreed for you guys then you will marry her, be it now or in 10years.

It's no reason to continue doing haraam okay? It may be hard but let it go for the sake of Allah and He will replace it with better.

In islam the only relationship that we have with members of the opposite gender who are not our relatives are through marriage. We don't have girlfriends or boyfriends or anything else. Any relationship outside the circle of marriage (like that) is illegal.

You need to leave it and focus on your islam. She's not doing any good for you and this is where your strength will come through.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by the_vulcan View Post
                        My faith in the Oneness of God will stay with me for the rest of my life (as will the other tenants) irrespective of the fact that I get to marry the girl or not.

Also, I am in love with this girl by the wish of Allah and leaving her is not an option.

I understand that it sounds fishy, but Allah knows the truth. Unfortunately, her parents do not :/
                        You need her wali's permission to marry her. Your marriage is invalid without it. That is what they are implying with their posts. If her father doesn't agree, there will be no marriage. So convince her father or move on. If you can show him you are a practicing, devout Muslim now, as you claim to be, then maybe he will change his mind inshaAllah.

May Allah keep you on the straight path and guide you both

:salams

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam,

I know somebody who in a similiar situation reverted to Islam... Everyone said it was just to get married... Family disliked the whole thing.... However, the person loved Islam so much, they correctly cut off their relationship saying it was haram and they were happy with just having Islam.

A year down the line and alot of du'a, they happened to get in touch again and are getting married the proper way subhanAllah
                          SPREAD OF EVIL
                          ZIONISM
                          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

so you knew for three years and yet only recently decided to become a muslim.

oh boy you have a long way ahead of you. no wonder her wali disagrees with your marriage. Just a hint of warning. the father has and will always have a say over his daughter. bear that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by the_vulcan View Post
                              Assalaam Alaikum friends. I am (rather was) a Hindu and I am in love with a Muslim girl. We have known each other for 3 years, have been the best of friends are deeply in love with each other and want to get married. No surprises that her family is against this.

I decided to read the Holy Quran to get more perspective and found out that I believe in what is written in the holy book.

I always have believed in the oneness of God, I believe that Prophet Muhammed (SAWS) was Allah's Messenger, I do Zakat, I am keeping the fasts during Ramadan and I pray to God as well. This leaves only pilgrimage from the five tenants of Islam which I plan to do some time really soon.

I would also like to say that I am doing all this wholeheartedly. The girl may be the reason, but I believe in what I am doing is right and is by the will of Allah. I will follow the tenants for the rest of my life.

Am I eligible to marry her now?

Her family still seems to have a problem, but now they are being unreasonable and not giving any reasons. :mellow:

Please help me friends. Am i missing something? Am i on the correct path? help.gif

Ramadan Karim to all!

Allah Haafiz.
                              Wholeheartedly...but the girl is the reason...?

Also, I can't believe you're asking, after talking about praying, fasting etc that you'd ask, 'Am I eligible to marry her?' Is that your only concern? I would have thought someone who does all this would be asking more about Islam... Not whether a girl is still out of bounds to him...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X