Two friends - male & female - one problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two friends - male & female - one problem

Salam Aleykum brothers and sisters in Islam.

I have two friends, one male and the other female, who recently have started to be a bit mad/frustrated at each other. This once very good relationship was broken due to small mistakes from both parts.
    They've both told me everything and I really don't feel comfortable being that person who they both share their problems with. I mean, I appreciate they'd like my help or just to talk to me, but as they're both good friends of mine, I have difficulty with how to act in such a case.

They both talk about each other and point of their mistakes (no back-biting at all btw!) and I agree with both of them, because they really both made some minor mistakes...

I've told both of them (not at the same time) to meet and talk about it - that I could also come if the situation is too awkard. They both rejected my idea, so now I don't know what to do? I care about both of them and I want them to be friends again.

There's a gathering coming up soon where both of them will be invited. I want them to make peace before this day, so any idea's on what I should do considering they aren't doing anything at all.

A little side note: I once made a mistake and the female friend (and classmate) was quite upset. My other classmate, who's now my friend and who taught me how to pray, told me that I should apologize and such - and so did my other friend (the one I mentioned earlier) so I did and everything was just as usual.,.. so my friend (whom this thread is about) actually told me to apologize but he isn't listening to me in this case, where I'm trying to unite them again?

Re: Two friends - male & female - one problem

It doesn't feel right for me to give advice to make up a friendship between 'a girl' and 'a boy', which is unislamic. The problems you're going through are probably because of the same reason...an opposite gender friendship.

Comment

Friends come and go....give it time and they'll either be best buddies again, or go their separate ways.

Not good advice I'm sorry.

Also, opposite gender friends are haram...

Comment

I know it's a sin.

It's just stat we started as class-mates and we have worked together with everything as we we're the only muslims in our class. I know it might sound weird that we're a group of muslims only working together, but that's how it is (female and male).

But these two friends have taught me a lot about Islam. I only recently stepped into Islam even though I was born into it. Only now am I practising my religion and I'm working on practising it more... but these two really helped me. So because I care about them, I feel like I have to solve their problem.

Edit: Okay, maybe I should be doing nothing at all? Or should I, because it's not permitted for us to be mad at each other for more than 3 days?
        Last edited by Adem92; 21-07-13, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I don't get it, what's the problem other than you being friends with someone from the opposite sex?
          Last edited by Hadid; 22-07-13, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
            I don't get it, what's the problem other than you being friends with someone from the opposite sex?
            I feel like I have to make my two friend's make peace again. They're both close friends to me and they've taught me much about Islam, so I want them to make peace again.

We're not allowed to be angry with one another for more 3 days, and this have exceed much more. So I want them to make peace again, but they refuse to meet and talk about it even though I've suggested it several times.

Maybe I should just forget about this thread. At the bottom line, it's not even a halal friendship as there are two different genders involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Adem92 View Post
              At the bottom line, it's not even a halal friendship as there are two different genders involved.
              MashaAllah we should strive to call people towards righteousness and piety and not call them towards sin. InshaAllah it will be better if they end this friendship, rather than again becoming 'friends'.
              Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

It's probably better that their friendship ended, will save them from the bad stuff that comes later on in an opposite gender friendship.

Comment

Allah wanted good for them, hence He broke their friendship to keep them away from sin.

They should marry if they miss each others company that much.
                  There is rest only in the aakhira.
                  Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                  and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                  then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                  That's right, a nude dog.
                  The Deepweb is disgusting.
                  - Unknown -

Links
                  The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                  Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X