No announcement yet.

Why feminism doesn't work with Muslims or Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is feminism seen as a 'fitna' or with negativity on the ummah forum?

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    This is offensive, as if the women here who disagree with the corrupt idea of feminism are somehow brainwashed by men. As if the only way to have a valid opinion of one's own is to oppose the opinion of males. How insulting.
    no-one was insulting anyone, and I found some of your posts from the "shopping in pakistan" very insulting.

I didn't say all sisters were, but I get the feeling that the misogyny of some brothers (ones around here who just treat women as problematic and belittle their role in marriage for example) has been taken in by some of our sisters, who make blanket dismissals of feminism.

If the idea of rights for women is already covered by Islamic shariah, then why is the ideology of feminism corrupt?
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I think what this thread demonstrates is that the term 'feminist' doesn't have a universal definition but instead holds different connotations for different people. Maybe if we all agreed to a singular definition of the term this thread may get somewhere.
      :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

feminism is bull and needs to be obliterated off this planet along with the people who follow it

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
          feminism is bull and needs to be obliterated off this planet along with the people who follow it
          i hope ur not talking about me

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
            i hope ur not talking about me
            im talking about anyone who goes for this kind of thing. feminazism has no place in islam and we don't want it either

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
              im talking about anyone who goes for this kind of thing. feminazism has no place in islam and we don't want it either
              can you give me the exact reason of why you oppose it?

Comment

:salams

There might be some good in these movements (i.e. protect women from abuse/rape), etc. However, there are man wrong ideas too (i.e. men and women being equal).

We don't really need the term feminism, though.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

islam has no need for it, its useless garbage started by prissy women who want to be men and no thx id rather be "oppressed" then go for that nonsense.

Comment

no-one was insulting anyone, and I found some of your posts from the "shopping in pakistan" very insulting.
                    Then highlight my offense instead of creating a thread to attack my integrity. Creating a women's rights movement in that area at this time would be a huge fitna for both men and women. It would negatively affect their imaan and cause an upheaval in the already-unstable society. It would cause people to break into different "sides" and cause Muslims to become enemies with one another. Muslims are not allowed to overthrow corrupt Muslim leaders, because of the anarchy and rape and murder that becomes widespread (as you can see in egypt and other places), so imagine what a male vs female movement would do in rural pakistan? May Allah protect us from such a disaster.

Education must come before reform. Reform does nothing when people do not understand what the reform is about and only see it as coming to destroy their culture and way of life. Islaam was revealed over 23 years, not a single day. People must first be educated on Islaam, the rights of women, why such-and-such is forbidden, why such-and-such is wrong. You cannot just walk in a place and start protesting and expect everything to end positively. A feminist movement in northern pakistan would most likely lead to secularism and kufr, rather than better treatment of women.

I didn't say all sisters were, but I get the feeling that the misogyny of some brothers (ones around here who just treat women as problematic and belittle their role in marriage for example) has been taken in by some of our sisters, who make blanket dismissals of feminism.

If the idea of rights for women is already covered by Islamic shariah, then why is the ideology of feminism corrupt?
                    I have been against feminism since I was a kafira and I find the entire idea of it disgusting, just as I find machismo disgusting. Men and women were not created to be enemies of one another, we are here to be brothers and sisters and comfort one another. I dismiss feminism as an ideal and no brother has any bearing on my opinion. I find it offensive when kuffar assume men force me to be Muslim, and I find it offensive when Muslims assume my opinions are because of men. I have a mind of my own and alhamdulillah I know how to use it unbiasedly.

:salams

Comment

They run out nude on the streets and probably believe in amazons.

Comment

Because it evolved into special rights for women while claiming to be equality. They pick and choose lime a buffet to what suits and elevates them.

They complain about equal pay but won't complain about why in disaster crisis women and children are given priority.

Modern derivation makes male feel guilty for just being males. They even have billboards saying "teach your kid to respect women", as if being a boy means you are automatically guilty of degrading women.

If the rights were given by islam, why do you even need to consult feminism?
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

honestly you are going overboard, no-one attacked your integrity. I'm not going to sit here and make you feel any better about this post, I'm sick of being forced to go with everyone's one-note views on everything over here.

I really don't see pakistan as a muslim state, the country has been secular since it's inception. So may the muslim women ask for their rights that are already are a part of Shariah.

I also have a mind of my own and use it in an unbiased manner, I was asking a simple question of why people have such an unnecessary hatred for feminism.
                          Nor did I accuse specifically you of following the mind point of brothers, but don't act as if their aren't sisters who don't.

I don't care, think what you want to think.

Comment

This thread is due for the chop too......yeah I know, you've all had your Iftar, stuffed to the rafters, gotta burn all that energy off init

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                              Because it evolved into special rights for women while claiming to be equality. They pick and choose lime a buffet to what suits and elevates them.

They complain about equal pay but won't complain about why in disaster crisis women and children are given priority.

Modern derivation makes male feel guilty for just being males. They even have billboards saying "teach your kid to respect women", as if being a boy means you are automatically guilty of degrading women.

If the rights were given by islam, why do you even need to consult feminism?
                              Oh come off it

Yes those rights are given to us by Islam but not always by soceity, if we choose to fight for those rights is it fair that we're labelled feminists?!
                              :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                                I think what this thread demonstrates is that the term 'feminist' doesn't have a universal definition but instead holds different connotations for different people. Maybe if we all agreed to a singular definition of the term this thread may get somewhere.
                                These threads will never get anywhere because everybody has their own idea of feminism and they stick to it lol.

The term feminism means too much anything at all.

I think the problem is most people associate feminism with the hardcore types who believe women need sexually liberating, should abandon their roles as Mothers and Wives and become sexually promiscious career women.

The you have women who are for the advancement of women's rights as defined in Islam. Some people would call this feminism, others would call it Islam. Whatever it's called does it really matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X