Why feminism doesn't work with Muslims or Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why feminism doesn't work with Muslims or Islam

Don't want to wage a gender war here, and please keep calm since it's Ramadan.

I was reading the thread about "women being banned from shopping" in pakistan. One of our dear sisters claimed that feminism is a fitna, and Pakistan should continue to ban women from shopping and avoid the women's rights movement.

What!!!

I don't understand how anyone, especially our muslim sisters can claim the women's right movement as a fitna and talk about it as some sort of perilous evil trying to sufficate the Muslim world.
    Fair enough that you aren't a feminist because it's a non-Muslim ideology and you think you should priorities your faith, but of all non-muslim ideologies, why get extra angry and the idea of feminism? Feminists try to get women justice with a lot of issues such as rape and domestic violence, which is a problem in our communities, especially in war-torn areas. Why does it even make you angry if women right's activists push harder for women's rights. Like why get angry about that...i dunno

I think a lot of the sisters have internalized a lot sexism from some of our Muslim brothers, and take it out on feminism because of that.

It's just not all that bad.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Why is feminism seen as a 'fitna' or with negativity on the ummah forum?

Rape and DV are not 'feminist' issues rather they are used to give this movement some type of legitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Rape and DV are not 'feminist' issues rather they are used to give this movement some type of legitimacy.
      the movements main goal is basically social justice for women...so...
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuSJfbflScw
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

the term Feminism has a lot of things behind it. As a whole it isn't seen as positive.

"the movement looking for social justice for women" is a generic tagline. There are countless branches of this movement. A lot of them don't match that description.

What I find weird is when women want the Islamic rights that was given to them, the opposition screams feminists.
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
            sorry can you summarise the video for me?

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              Justice according to whose definition?

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                the term Feminism has a lot of things behind it. As a whole it isn't seen as positive.

"the movement looking for social justice for women" is a generic tagline. There are countless branches of this movement. A lot of them don't match that description.

What I find weird is when women want the Islamic rights that was given to them, the opposition screams feminists.
                On this forum when someone says it's not a womans duty to cook they will be called a feminist

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  Justice according to whose definition?
                  How do you define justice?

Comment

sorry can you summarise the video for me?
                    He's saying that feminism isn't bad but there has come the Radical Feminists that are the bad ones. He said that if a man and woman have the same education and skills both should be able to get the same money, But that these Radical Feminists want to be like men, Whatever a man can do a women can do, The man can box women can box, There only goal in life is to be like a man.

And the Quran has already told us that men and women while they are equal are different the Quran is about Justice. I mean women say "Why aren't there any female Prophets?"

Come on its simple because that would be injustice the Prophets have to travel long destinations and if a woman is a Prophet and she gets pregnant and Allah tells her to go travel she can't, Prophets face hardships a woman can only handle so many things emotionally.

So feminism is okay but those females who say a woman can do anything a man can do needs to stop
                    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

How do you define justice?
                      It is defined by Allah and his messenger

Comment

Originally posted by starlight89 View Post
                        On this forum when someone says it's not a womans duty to cook they will be called a feminist
                        yea it is ridicules in that instance. Its pretty comical
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Thats a bit like saying

"Christian missionary movements main goal is basically to spread love to all mankind"

or

"Freemasonry is a fraternal organisation based on equality, compassion and freedom"

or

"Al-Qaida is basically a bunch of practicing brothers who got together to do some Dawah"

While you might read such a cliche line and nod with approval, somebody else will read it and shake their head violently from left to right - Ramadan or no Ramadan.
                          "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Feminism is extra annoying because it is like those cashiers at the checkout who try to sell you junk when you have already got everything you need from the shop.

Comment

and whats Islams main purpose?

Comment

Working...
                              X