Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Give glad tidings to the strangers!'

http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutions...-Strangers.htm

I'm making this thread in the view of sharing experiences about how you dealt with being the 'stranger', as referred to in the hadith above. We live in a society where those who try to be righteous are transformed into laughing stocks and the evil behaviour and debauch have become praise worthy.
    Deep down, one knows he/she is doing the right thing by following the commands of Allah, but how does one deal with being laughed at by those closest to them? From my own experience, it can be very frustrating not to have like minded individuals in your life, its like you know you're doing the right thing, but others around you are so adamant that the exact opposite is the way to go that you end up feeling like an outcast. Of course, I will never, by the Will of Allah abandon my religion to please them, but as a human, we have feelings, dont we? so, my dear brothers and sisters, I would like to know how I can deal such situation on the emotional level...?
    "Hide your good deeds (from the people) just like you hide your evil deeds."

Re: 'Give glad tidings to the strangers!'

110 views - no replies?
    "Hide your good deeds (from the people) just like you hide your evil deeds."

Comment

They would not be Ghurabah if everyone followed them, read their comments, gave them 1000 views, 100 likes on facebook and endless well wishes.

100 views if 10 people benefit from the reminder you have done a good job.:up:
      "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Being lonely because of Allah is the best kind of loneliness (reminding me I shall write an article in my blog with this title). If people around us do not approve what we are doing, we always have Allah who will reward our good deeds. I find my tranquility when I am apart from any worldly thing, from any friend who asks me to enjoy life while we are young, living la vida loca. I don't care If I am called not fun anymore. Not singing around, not having a boyfriend, not joking around anymore. Because it only gives us continuous feeling of unrest. But when we develop our relationship with God, everything seems just fine. If we chase after the world, we can never catch up. But if we chase after our deen, the world will follow us.

Anyway, don't get offended if some serious talks do not have many replies. Light topics are preferred here. But don't worry, someone out there will read.
        So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

It's difficult, it really is. What helps me get through the tough times is remembering the story of Joseph [peace be upon him] in surah 12. In my estimation, that surah increases my faith and determination more than any other surah of the Qur'an. Even if you've read it all before, go to surah 12 and dwell on it. Ask Allah to illuminate this surah in ways you hadn't seen before.
          "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

they refer to the relatively very few practicing muslims, allthough the vast majority of muslims are on Haq [ashari/maturidi] but non-practicing

Comment

msA
              DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

I am shy :embar: but i'll do my best!
                AL-Mualim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X