Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What medical conditions make shaving of the beard permissible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What medical conditions make shaving of the beard permissible?

Salaam alaykum members of Ummah.com

I need some advice before I take any action, so any information would be appreciated. I have been growing my beard for a while now, but I have had psoriasis since I was born. I never used to have it on my face, but since my beard has grown long, it has come up underneath it. What it does is make my skin get very flaky and causes my beard to fall out. It gets quite raw, and every so often (about every week) it 'weeps' and leaks like a clear fluid. I have it at the moment on my chin and the the left side of my face. I have tried various treatments to no avail. I have shaved my beard in the past and it usually clears up after a few days. Would this type of condition make it permissible to shave, or at least keep it short? I have tried to find answers on the internet, but have yet to find anything.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: What medical conditions make shaving of the beard permissible?

I get eczema if my beard grows long so keep it short. I don't know if there are any rulings for it but I know many brothers who do this i.e. keep their beards short for a similar reason. Keep it short if you must and make dua for forgiveness.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply.

Comment

go to your local mosque and ask there

“But if one is forced by necessity without willful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”
        [al-Baqarah 2:173]
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Mr D View Post
          Would this type of condition make it permissible to shave, or at least keep it short? I have tried to find answers on the internet, but have yet to find anything.
          Do you have local scholars that you can ask? If not, ask: www.seekersguidance.org. However, keeping the beard short is fine and many scholars permit it as they looked at the evidences of the beard differently than other scholars who obligated a fist length or more.
          Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
          فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X