Adam and Eve and children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam and Eve and children

Adam and Eve PBUT were "exiled" to earth as punishment according to bible and quran it wasnt meant to be easy life here.

But is there anything in islam that says that couples HAVE to have children if they can. We know they say marriage is half your religion, but what about kids.

If Adam and Eve knew life on earth was a punishment for "their" sin, why did they feel it necessary that all their future generations also suffer.

Also can we assume that Adam and Eve could not read or write as it wasnt invented at that time? So what religion were they as they had no text or scholar to follow.

We can assume they could communicate in some form as Adam was told not to eat from the forbidden tree and the reason for the creation of women.

Or is the answer that Adam and Eve were exiled with no guidance apart from what was told to them to live and survive best they could....They reproduced as it was the natural thing...But then God had mercy on the further generations and gave them guidance in the form of Quran and prophets to help them?
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Re: Adam and Eve and children

I think Adam (As) was obviously given some guidance as to what to do on earth, it's just us who don't know the extra details about it. Also kids are a blessing from Allah so in Islam it is recommended to have more children, why would you want to deny a blessing from Allah? It's a natural instinct from Allah for us to want and have children, it's Shaitan who is corrupting people these days and bringing back Sodomy which is against the nature created by Allah encouraging reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by abc123d View Post
      I think Adam (As) was obviously given some guidance as to what to do on earth, it's just us who don't know the extra details about it. Also kids are a blessing from Allah so in Islam it is recommended to have more children, why would you want to deny a blessing from Allah? It's a natural instinct from Allah for us to want and have children, it's Shaitan who is corrupting people these days and bringing back Sodomy which is against the nature created by Allah encouraging reproduction.
      Uh, no.

Not everyone wants children and not everyone is capable of raising them. You need to relax.

Comment

And not everyone can have children either.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
          And not everyone can have children either.
          Well not everyone is rich either, does that mean that those who ARE rich should not use this money? Rather those who do have the money should be grateful for it and spend it for Allah's sake because Allah has given them the ability to do so. Similarly, if Allah has given someone the ability to have kids, he shouldn't deny it but rather be grateful for it and raise kids.

@Wizard.of.oz, well do you think Islam allows us to abandon having kids just because we don't want them?

Comment

Adam (as) was taught by Allah swt so they had all the knowledge. He was taught the names if all the things . One sheikh said imagine he could be taught the names of 'phone' etc. Adam (as) was very intelligent.

May Allah find the spouses of our natures and happiness with tranquility. This is the main thing when completing half of faith. It's not just about 'completing desires'. A sheikh in a conference said its about support understanding security etc etc. Some people are too stubborn arrogant and proud and get forced and have children and play with 'fate' and live through their children.

Any idiot knows that's a dumb idea and not 'completing half your faith'

Allah knows all
            DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Islam doesn't say you must have kids. In the Quran it says kids are a adornment of this world “Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope”

[al-Kahf 18:46].

As for us being punished for Adam (as) and Eve (as) sin. I see it as Allah (swt) telling us there is a punishment for everything that Adam (as) and Eve (as) are just examples for us not to disobey him.

Allahuallam if Adam (as) and Eve (as) could read and write. but Allah (swt) told Adam (as) all the names of everything on Earth. I'm sure Allah (swt) guided Adam (as) and Eve (as) on Earth told what to do and what not to do.

Allah says in the Quran he made the male and female to be companions of one and another.

Adam and Eve were Muslims just like Musa (moses) Isa (Jesus) Mariam (Mary) Nuh (Noah) were they all submit themselves to God so they are Muslims
              Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

In addition, Adam (AS) is the first prophet of Allah so he would have recieved direct revelation whilst on Earth. For matters such as the next generation reproducing, today incest is forbidden but what about back then? The laws etc for that period would have been through direct revelation.

I get the impression from the op that he is thinking of primitive cave men not being able to talk etc as we have been made to believe in the west which I dont believe is true.
                Last edited by has75; 03-07-13, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by has75 View Post
                  In addition, Adam (AS) is the first prophet of Allah so he would have recieved direct revelation whilst on Earth. For matters such as the next generation reproducing, today incest is forbidden but what about back then? The laws etc for that period would have been through direct revelation.

I get the impression from the op that he is thinking of primitive cave men not being able to talk etc as we have been made to believe in the west which I dont believe is true.
                  Shalom ~

The fact is, we don't know. There are no records from that time and no eyewitnesses, only the speculations of scholars (from all the Abrahamic faiths) on what might have happened. The Torah gives only very basic information: Adam and Eve were created, they had three male children (Cain, Abel and later Seth), but after that there is no mention of Eve or how any further children, male or female, were produced. (There is speculation among some Jewish scholars, based on certain portions of the Torah, of the existence of a 'first wife' of Adam- perhaps named Lilith- who was cast out for not being submissive to Adam, and as a result Eve was created to replace her; in any case, no children were noted as being produced by Adam- or his sons- and this "Lilith".)
                  Last edited by A Blue Thread; 03-07-13, 08:18 PM.

Comment

ok so having kids is "pleasing to allah" you say. If the original sin never happened would Adam and Eve have started a family in gardens of Heaven? So we would all be there right now?
                    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
                      ok so having kids is "pleasing to allah" you say. If the original sin never happened would Adam and Eve have started a family in gardens of Heaven? So we would all be there right now?
                      Eve was made, presumably with the normal complement of female parts (as was Adam, with the normal complement of male parts)- if G-d had not intended for them to have children, why would they have been given the parts and ability to do so? If they had not been intended to have the ability to produce offspring, they might as well have been created as the physical equivalent of a Ken and Barbie doll, with no reproductive organs whatsoever (and, presumably, no sex drive either- making the creation of 'man' and 'woman' redundant and irrelevant). The occurrence of the 'original sin' was an unrelated event; in all likelihood they would have had children anyway at some point regardless of their physical location.

Comment

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=80&chapter=4
                        Originally posted by A Blue Thread View Post
                        Shalom ~The fact is, we don't know. There are no records from that time and no eyewitnesses, only the speculations of scholars (from all the Abrahamic faiths) on what might have happened. The Torah gives only very basic information: Adam and Eve were created, they had three male children (Cain, Abel and later Seth), but after that there is no mention of Eve or how any further children, male or female, were produced. (There is speculation among some Jewish scholars, based on certain portions of the Torah, of the existence of a 'first wife' of Adam- perhaps named Lilith- who was cast out for not being submissive to Adam, and as a result Eve was created to replace her; in any case, no children were noted as being produced by Adam- or his sons- and this "Lilith".)
                        No it is more clear in islam, Adam and Eve (AS) gave birth in pairs 1 male and 1 female. The first set would marry the 2nd set. Which lead to the 1st murder. More info on the islam basics link above from the Quran and narations of prophet Muhammad (SAW).
                        Last edited by has75; 04-07-13, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by has75 View Post
                          http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=80&chapter=4

No it is more clear in islam, Adam and Eve (AS) gave birth in pairs 1 male and 1 female. The first set would marry the 2nd set. Which lead to the 1st murder. More info on the islam basics link above from the Quran and narations of prophet Muhammad (SAW).
                          This link was primarily about the murder of Abel at the hands of Cain, and only briefly references female children. However, the entire explanation- while agreeing with the facts of the incident (Cain killed Abel out of jealousy because of the non-acceptance of his sacrifice when Abel's was accepted), it is a quote embellished with elements that are not found in the Torah. The Qur'anic reference, Al-Ma'idah, 27-31, is also a direct reference to the murder, but too does not address how the females appeared or any of their names, - only the circumstances of Abel's murder over the sacrifice. The link does, however, describe what some of the 'Companions' said about the issue but there is no reference, no record indicating where they got their information from. Another narrator- Abu Ja'far- is noted as writing that "some people said X" and proceeds to tell about the number of births, but again there is no indication of where his information was obtained or who those 'some people' were. However...

An item that exposes the fault in the 'Companions' story is that they tell of Adam 'making his way to Mecca for pilgrimage'. How could Adam have been heading for Mecca when Mecca had not even been established? Mecca wasn't established until long after Adam's death (remember the events of Hagar and Ishmael and the well of Zam Zam that led to the founding of Mecca?), and certainly that wasn't designated as the place for pilgrimage until Muhammad made the change from Jerusalem to Mecca. If anywhere, Adam would have been going to Jerusalem (but even that ancient city had not been established either- remember the Flood?). Thus is the danger of relying on oral accounts that are not corroborated by any written or otherwise factual evidence. If the 'Companions' didn't know that Mecca wasn't even in existence when they said it was, what else were they wrong about in this story or other stories attributed to them?

The reference in the link that IS relevant is that found in the Qur'an, An-Nisa 1, which is a broad statement telling that Adam and Eve produced many "men and women"- while this is a good thing, it's not telling us anything we didn't know before: obviously, Adam and Eve had to have had many children (male and female) in order to populate the world, and this does not contradict or change the story as related in the Torah. In the end, though, the actual overall numbers and details of who slept with who and who had X number of children are unknown to us.
                          Last edited by A Blue Thread; 04-07-13, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Blue Thread View Post
                            An item that exposes the fault in the 'Companions' story is that they tell of Adam 'making his way to Mecca for pilgrimage'. How could Adam have been heading for Mecca when Mecca had not even been established? Mecca wasn't established until long after Adam's death (remember the events of Hagar and Ishmael and the well of Zam Zam that led to the founding of Mecca?), and certainly that wasn't designated as the place for pilgrimage until Muhammad made the change from Jerusalem to Mecca. If anywhere, Adam would have been going to Jerusalem (but even that ancient city had not been established either- remember the Flood?). Thus is the danger of relying on oral accounts that are not corroborated by any written or otherwise factual evidence. If the 'Companions' didn't know that Mecca wasn't even in existence when they said it was, what else were they wrong about in this story or other stories attributed to them? .
                            Thanks, you appear to be a learned man much more educated than myself in the field of religion. Yes the link i provided was not the best as it does not completely provide references for the claims (sorry my PC is broken at the moment so I find it difficult to navigate with my phone). The aim was to highlight that mention is made of marriage of further generations therefore implying the bearing children by succeeding generations. Also you make a good point about Adam AS and mecca. In Islam there are narations that the foundations of the Kaaba was built by Adam.With regards oral naration this is a soild science in Islam and through the hard work of our scholars we are able to distinguish which traditions are authentic with strong chains of naration with those that are weak or even fabricated ones by enemies of islam.
                            Last edited by has75; 04-07-13, 01:56 AM.

Comment

A notion that i came across while on another forum was, if Adam and Eve decided to have no children then that would have been the end of human race and the problems we face today as a species. It would have been judgement day then and there as there would be no other humans to "test". But I think the whole point was satan didnt like man and wanted to prove that man was an inferior creation, he had already kind of proven this by deceiving Eve and this Adam by persuading them to eat from the forbidden tree? So more human "specimens" were needed to prove the "theory", so its an open field with guidance and inspiration offered from btoh God and Satan and we are free to follow whichever side we want, thats what the game of life boils down to for muslims (and everyone else..)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X