This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arab Superiority over non-Arabs

I'm a religious and practicing Muslim (non-Arab), and as much as I love my religion, would die for my religion, and believe in my religion, the one thing that bothers me immensely is the feeling I get from Arabs that I'm somehow inferior to them.

My Islamic teacher was Syrian, and once when I told her something an Arab scholar had said about a topic that she wasn't aware of, and she dismissed it by saying, "Oh, well he must've been Pakistani..." as if Pakistanis are the only ones capable of being wrong when it comes to Islamic jurisprudence. Another Arab woman was campaigning about how there is no basis of Hijab within Islam (which I disagree with), and my teacher stated the girl must have been Indian.

In Saudi Arabia during Hajj, the guards at the Masjid Al-Haram literally hit us with sticks saying something about Indians, Bengalis, Pakistanis. The Arab kids in my community used to always taunt us about Urdu and make fun of South Asian Muslims and our cultures in general. Overall, it just really gets annoying since it seems to be following me everywhere with many Arabs I come across. Some of them would even call me "******" for being darker than they are.

Though many of them are wonderful people, almost all of them that I've come across still have an "us vs. them" mentality about themselves.

And the one thing that bothers me is...parts of Islam make me feel left out as a non-Arab or non-Semite. Every Prophet mentioned in the Quran was either an Arab or from the Bani Israel (both are Semitic peoples), and the Prophet's whole life was spent amongst Arabs. All of his companions with the exception of a tiny number (like Salman Al-Farsi) were Arabs (including African Arabs). Everything that will happen in the future will occur in the Middle East, such as Jesus returning in Syria. The Mahdi will emerge in Saudi Arabia, and the holy sites are all in the Middle East. Our Quran is in Arabic, and we pray in Arabic.

I know the Prophet said no Arab is better than a non-Arab, but honestly, it just seems like Islam almost gives Arabs a green light to think of themselves as being greater than us because so much of Islam came from their area and everything associated with it is Arab.

I'm not having a crisis of faith; its just something bothering me. Anyone care to help me understand this?

Re: Arab Superiority over non-Arabs

The Prophet (pbuh) said in his last sermon

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in God's sight is that one of you who best performs his duty. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (The Qur'an , 49:13)

Allah doesn't care what race you are on the day of judgment he made us different colors and put us in different tribes.

Then when the Trumpet is blown, no ties of kinship will exist between them on that day, nor may they question one another. (The Qur'an , 23:101)
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

The first Muzzien was Black Bilal (rd) and the first Person to die of the cause of Allah was a Black woman.

Abu Umamah reported: Abu Dharr reproached Bilal about his mother, saying, “O son of a black woman!” So Bilal went to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and he told him what he said. The Prophet became angry and then Abu Dharr came although he was unaware of what Bilal told him. The Prophet turned away from him and Abu Dharr asked, “O Messenger of Allah, have you turned away because of something you have been told?” He said, “Have you reproached Bilal about his mother?” Then the Prophet said, “By the one who revealed the Book to Muhammad (or however Allah willed for him to swear), none is more virtuous over another except by righteous deeds. You have none but an insignificant amount.”

Source: Shu’b Al-Iman Al-Bayhaqi 4760

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Comment

Oh boy feathers are gonna be ruffled. I predict racism to rear its ugly head and 10 pages of bickering.
          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
            Oh boy feathers are gonna be ruffled. I predict racism to rear its ugly head and 10 pages of bickering.
            Really??? Why?

Comment

I have personally met people who low-key hate Arabs because they feel like they (arabs) are responsible for all the terrorist attacks,beheadings ,honour killings etc. I have never had a bad experience with arabs, but i'm sure there are racist people among them. It's best not to judge the religion because of those people though.

Comment

people are people

its going to happen
                How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam:5271573
                  Really??? Why?
                  what usually happens is that someone will come and say something racist then fights break out. Sadly its usually how race threads work on ummah.

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by ksaid037 View Post
                    I have personally met people who low-key hate Arabs because they feel like they (arabs) are responsible for all the terrorist attacks,beheadings ,honour killings etc. I have never had a bad experience with arabs, but i'm sure there are racist people among them. It's best not to judge the religion because of those people though.
                    Coming from an Arab family I can vouch that there are some racist in my family. But I usually remind them about Bilal and Sumayya (rd) and they quickly be quite. Racism is everywhere its quite sad

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
                      Coming from an Arab family I can vouch that there are some racist in my family. But I usually remind them about Bilal and Sumayya (rd) and they quickly be quite. Racism is everywhere its quite sad
                      Funny how they'll cry when they experience racism from white people, but can't realize when they do the same things...

Comment

and especially with Arabs as well loads of ppl like to take digs at them whenever they can.

Comment

what usually happens is that someone will come and say something racist then fights break out. Sadly its usually how race threads work on ummah.
                          Have people forgot that Allah (swt) never mentions Adam (as) race? Allah (swt) just says that he took dirt from each part Of the earth and made Adam meaning Adam (as) and Eve (as) could have been Black, white, Brown, yellow, I mean what does race matter?

Comment

and especially with Arabs as well loads of ppl like to take digs at them whenever they can.
                            OMG...Indians too...Lord if you heard the things they say about them, you would vomit

Comment

Originally posted by ksaid037 View Post
                              Funny how they'll cry when they experience racism from white people, but can't realize when they do the same things...
                              I think the younger generation like me and my cousins are the only people who don't care about race. Subhanallah my moms side (her brothers) are racist towards blacks but all of their kids are friends with blacks and one of their sons had relations with a black girl. On my dads side they think they are better then everyone Oh how they are so wrong. Racism is a disgusting thing

But I remember in America people would come in my dads store and say "Jesus is white!" And he would laugh and say "I would believe Jesus (as) is black before I ever believe he is white"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X