Force feeding in Mauritania--- the fatter the better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force feeding in Mauritania--- the fatter the better

thanks ariande for the making me think of this when you mentioned plumpness ; )

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Re: Force feeding in Mauritania--- the fatter the better

lol @ the running the beginning

but awww.. pooor baby @ 6:00... my heart just plopped and she was so obedient as well and calm in demeanor
    Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Omg ..... Their torturing their kids

Comment

Originally posted by ksaid037 View Post
        Omg ..... Their torturing their kids
        i know : ( so sad... sometimes it makes you question/contemplate/ponder on peoples norms
        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

I heard this before. Not only in Mauritania but some countries in Pacific Ocean such as Fiji, Solomon Island, and some islands I could not recall the name. The fatter the merrier. Men prefer fat women to skinny/slim women. That is why their parents will overfeed their daughters. Funny isn't it? In other countries people struggle to be skinny by being anorexic or bulimia. In this island women struggle to be fat. Life is never flat.
          So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

Actually now that I think about it, It's kind of a good thing (not of the force feeding part). Just the fact that you can be a bigger size and that its still considered attractive... more desirable even. Lord knows that's not the case here.
            Last edited by ksaid037; 03-07-13, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Actually now that I think about it, It's kind of a good thing (not of the force feeding part). Just the fact that you can be a bigger size and that its still considered attractive... more desirable even. Lord knows that's not the case here.
              lol. i see where you are coming from sis, but i compare it to wanting to reach a certain level of beuty period and doing it by extreme measures. like veetha said. bulemia and anorexia.... over there force feeding. they dont know about our culture and vice versa, so they are trying to reach someone they feel is ideal isntead of being natural and excepting a naturally big boned woman or a naturally stick figured looking woman ya know?
              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

OMG, I just watch the full video. I feel bad for that little girl :( It's a torture, indeed. I myself cannot drink one huge bowl of milk like that. How can a little child drink all of it?
                So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
                  lol. i see where you are coming from sis, but i compare it to wanting to reach a certain level of beuty period and doing it by extreme measures. like veetha said. bulemia and anorexia.... over there force feeding. they dont know about our culture and vice versa, so they are trying to reach someone they feel is ideal isntead of being natural and excepting a naturally big boned woman or a naturally stick figured looking woman ya know?
                  You have a point...I was just alluding to the fact that all over the world generally the opposite is true. Being thinner is more beautiful, it's nice to see a culture embrace bigger women even if it is in a dangerous somewhat backward way.

Comment

I just re-watched the video with my sister she was more shocked at the fact that they consider fat a cute thing than the actual force feeding...

Comment

I just re-watched the video with my sister she was more shocked at the fact that they consider fat a cute thing than the actual force feeding...
                      tell her i said
                      Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Lol.... But I'm sure more people would feel the same way after watching that. For me personally, it's the first time I have ever heard of such a concept.

Comment

Both the west and countries like the one in the video are going to the extremes. Both leading to death.

Our religion teaches us moderation, don't over eat and don't eat little where your health is really at risk.

Lol.... But I'm sure more people would feel the same way after watching that. For me personally, it's the first time I have ever heard of such a concept.
                          This believe it or not has been around for a very very long time.

If you go deep enough in history fat female idols were created and worshiped!
                          "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
                            In this island women struggle to be fat.
                            Life is never flat.
                            Now that's rhyme! :rotfl:

Originally posted by .Kid.
                            If you go deep enough in history fat female idols were created and worshiped!
                            Yea for example Gaia. Ever seen Gaia statue? It's a plump lady. And statue of Lilith in Sumeria? Or the infamous Boticelli painting "the birth of Venus"? These women also had a plump tummy, which by today standard would be considered "OMG belly fat!!".

And here we modern peeps thought that "goddess" are skinny and pretty and all like the stereotype idols Aphrodite and Isis. Maybe fat = fertility, so fat goddess = fertility goddess? :scratch:

If I face that force feeding I would be :vomit:

(I mean, force SNACKING myself for the sake of weight gain diet is already torture.)
                            Last edited by Ariadne; 03-07-13, 08:05 AM.
                            :GB_bonesrock:
                            And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

that's not a good thing at all
                              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X