Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you really care about this life/dunya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really care about this life/dunya?

This life has deceived me many time, and the reason is very simple, I didn't obey my Creator. I was chasing after success in this life, (socially, physically and financially) and also girls, while completely ignoring Allah . But in the end, I got nothing but deception, my life got worse.

I need advice because I really don't know what this life is meant for. Is it wrong to have fun in this life?

Re: Do you really care about this life/dunya?

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    This life has deceived me many time, and the reason is very simple, I didn't obey my Creator. I was chasing after success in this life, (socially, physically and financially) and also girls, while completely ignoring Allah . But in the end, I got nothing but deception, my life got worse.

I need advice because I really don't know what this life is meant for. Is it wrong to have fun in this life?
    you will only be disappointed if you chase worldly stuff

there is a hadith that this world is only a rest stop for the believer
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

This life is about worshipping Allah . No worldly pursuit ever satisfies because it leads you to wanting to do it more and more and you become enslaved. If you doubt that, go to any store and see how long it takes before you want something that you don't need. It won't take very long.

I care about this lifetime inasmuch as there are so many souls that are decieved and I want to reach out to them. Dawah, basically.
      "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

:jkk: because this is a reminder for us all. Many a times people chase the dunya dunya dunya only to be deceived by it and to be in a worse off situation than before. You see people "having fun" but their hearts are sick of it, their souls don't want it. It's all temporary enjoyment, for a few minutes and then theyre alone again in their beds having to live with that feeling of heaviness and sickness in their hearts. Walahi shaytaan tries to deceive us soo much, but it's all a bit of glitter, a bit of decoration and soon afterwards reality will hit.

By the mercy of Allah this is one of the reasons why i don't let myself do some things which may even be halal in the dunya.

As the user above mentioned this life is for worshipping Allah and in that we will find peace and happiness within. We can have fun of course, but not at the expense of displeasing Allah . There's more to life than this dunya, there's a LOT more waiting :insha: of khair for us when we leave this dunya. We look beyond this life, we look over the hill and seek that, not what's in front of us. Take a lesson from what you've experienced and use it to turn your life around and not to go backwards. Shaytaan will beautify this dunya for everyone, he will make it look like it's the best thing out there but this is where we need to go back to Allah and strengthen our relationship with Him and ask Him Alone to help us. It's challenging, it's not easy, but jannah and rewards don't come cheap. Turn your life around and every time you're tempted to go back just remember how deceiving it is.

Allah wants goodness and jannah for us okay, Allah is on your side but you just gotta do your bit. Do your bit as much as you can that's all. Put the effort in, keep on going because soon very soon in fact it'll all be over and you'll see the fruits :insha:.

Start with your 5 prayers, hold on to them tightly and don't let them go. There's your starting point :insha:.

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          :jkk: because this is a reminder for us all. Many a times people chase the dunya dunya dunya only to be deceived by it and to be in a worse off situation than before. You see people "having fun" but their hearts are sick of it, their souls don't want it. It's all temporary enjoyment, for a few minutes and then theyre alone again in their beds having to live with that feeling of heaviness and sickness in their hearts. Walahi shaytaan tries to deceive us soo much, but it's all a bit of glitter, a bit of decoration and soon afterwards reality will hit.

By the mercy of Allah this is one of the reasons why i don't let myself do some things which may even be halal in the dunya.

As the user above mentioned this life is for worshipping Allah and in that we will find peace and happiness within. We can have fun of course, but not at the expense of displeasing Allah . There's more to life than this dunya, there's a LOT more waiting :insha: of khair for us when we leave this dunya. We look beyond this life, we look over the hill and seek that, not what's in front of us. Take a lesson from what you've experienced and use it to turn your life around and not to go backwards. Shaytaan will beautify this dunya for everyone, he will make it look like it's the best thing out there but this is where we need to go back to Allah and strengthen our relationship with Him and ask Him Alone to help us. It's challenging, it's not easy, but jannah and rewards don't come cheap. Turn your life around and every time you're tempted to go back just remember how deceiving it is.

Allah wants goodness and jannah for us okay, Allah is on your side but you just gotta do your bit. Do your bit as much as you can that's all. Put the effort in, keep on going because soon very soon in fact it'll all be over and you'll see the fruits :insha:.

Start with your 5 prayers, hold on to them tightly and don't let them go. There's your starting point :insha:.
          this

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
            this
            my post was better ... >_>
            How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
              F-r post said exactly that and a whole lot more

Should have put some more effort in

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Islam doesn't tell us to stop having 'fun', rather from my experience it teaches you to redefine 'fun'. The 'fun' that people in this world are obsessed with barely lasts, and it never satisfies. They always want more and more, and they lead themselves further and further into destruction. Allah knows this and this is why he has made restrictions to stop us from the type of fun that will only lead to destruction, in this world and in the hereafter. Once you learn to consider what Allah has ordained for you 'fun' and learn to find pleasure in it, that is the best fun you can have in this world, everything else is deception and insatiable.

The purpose of this worldy life is for us to work for the hereafter, and to live as a traveller. If you run after this world, it will run away from you, if you turn away from it, it will follow you. Trust me, Islam isn't some extreme religion where you can't enjoy anything in life. Rather Islam teaches you to control your desires and set the right goals in life, which will bring you lasting conform both in this world and in the hereafter.

Also, as stupid as it may sound to some people, religious people enjoy this life much more than non-religious people. Why? those who are religious make their goal the hereafter, so anything that happens in this life, can not bore them because they don't care about this life in the first place, and every second they can do things that will benefit them in the hereafter, so they are actually the ones who live this life to it's fullest (yolo). Whereas the ones who run after this world, run after something that doesn't last and is filled with deception. For example, someone who loves chocolate, he gets it, but he isn't satisfied as a few hours later he'll want it again, this keeps going on, until he eventually runs out of money where he won't be able to buy anymore, or he gets too sick/fat to be able to eat anymore, or he simply will eventually get bored of this chocolate and want something else. Whereas someone who loves ibadah and hopes for the reward in the hereafter, he can pray everyday, and the more he does, the more his reward in the hereafter increase, it will be impossible for him to get bored because his reward will only keep on increasing, this goes on and on until death, and even at death he will be happy because all this was actually of benefit, whereas the chocolate lover at death will probably regret wasting all tha time eating chocolate which did him no good in this world or in the hereafter.

Comment

Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception. Qur'an 3:185
                  And this is what your life is for :

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the Allah-fearing. Qur'an 2:177
                  Read the Qur'an brother. It's not an ornament, read it in English so you understand your purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post

both posts were great,

may Allah bless you all ameen.
                    La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post

Beautiful post sis.
                      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                      As You have sanctified Your house,
                      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                      In which permission of entry
                      Is only granted to a few,
                      Please Allah, allow my heart
                      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Shalom ~

Don't chase the world in order to make yourself happy at the expense of everyone else; instead, chase the world in order to make it a better place for everyone.

We have a term- tikkun olam- that literally refers to 'healing the world'. For our part, we do this by both carrying out G-d's commandments as well as doing things that are not religiously required but are of benefit to society. Through our actions, if done correctly and in a positive manner, we make this world a better place for ourselves and others and leave a better world for our descendents- and so it goes until we get it 'just right' and everything falls into place for the Messiah to appear.

I think at its most basic, Jews and Muslims are working toward the same goal- a moral, better ordered society here on earth and to gain G-d's favor after death- but we just have different teachings and methods on how to go about accomplishing those things. Unfortunately, when we lose sight of the most important factor- G-d - and let people and agendas and greed and such take over, that's when we all get ourselves in trouble. We all need to get our respective houses in order and get back to living together in peace, like we all did so many years ago.

Comment

If we realize how short our life is, there is no time for holiday or have fun - Dr. Bilal Phillips
                          So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X