Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *sisters*.....Feeling uncomfortable at the Gym

Originally posted by ksaid037 View Post
    With all due respect...I don't know any of the guys there, therefore I have no reason to talk to them. Besides I dont go to the gym to socialize, I go there to work out as do most other people. I do light exercises while there, nothing that requires crazy movements so I'm sure im not violating any rules.
    Let me approach the topic from a different perspective ukhti.

If om your table are drinking alcohol is it halal for you to sit there?

What if they sat on your table, started making out, and then went further intimacy? Can you just lower your gaze?

Is it halal for you to sell pork even if you don't eat it?

Can we walk into a bar and just order coke, as long as we don't drink alcohol?

The answer to all of these is no. This is because Allah didn't just create rules for your personal self, but for the environment around yo as well. Thus even if you do not speak to a man, you cannot be alone with him. If you do not socialize at the gym but it is mixed, it is haram to attend.

My job, dear ukhti, is simply to help Muslims get closer to Allah so that when we die and face Him Azzawajal on the Last Day, and He presents to us His ayaat and the sayings of His messenger, then I want us all to have answers and no regrets for any of our actions. My greatest fear for myself and for my brothers and sisters is the anger of Allah and His punishment, or the loss of goodness that He would grant us all for our actions.

May Allah make it easy for us all ameen.
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

I use to go to female only gym and they walk around naked- its was so uncomfortable.

Comment

just get a bike, riding that is enough exercise

Comment

If one regularly does things like

• drawing water from a well (or pumping water with a hand pump) and then watering a garden every day
          • hand washing your clothes and house linen in a big tub. Leg washing like we used to in college is a better idea
          • cleaning the house and arranging things around

Then going to gym becomes moot, in my opinion, though some can argue that there are some muscle trainings that only going to gym can accomplish.
          Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Men and women should not go to mixed gyms,

If a single sex gym is not available in their area, than other ways of working out should be persued.
            https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X