Permanent hair dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent hair dye

Salaam everyone. Just wanted to ask everyones views about whether permanent or semi permanent hair dye is allowed for women in islam? Iv been told many different things and now am unsure? :/

Re: Permanent hair dye

why do you want to dye ?
    And slay them wherever ye catch them,and turn them out from where they have Turned you out;for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter;but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque,unless they (first) fight you there;but if they fight you,slay them.Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Comment

I have previously dyed my hair a few times before i heard it wasnt allowed and me and my girls did it once at home with semi permanent as u do lol its a few shades of brown wanted to get it done professionally and one colour. Not for the attention of others which obviously wud be haraam

Comment

hmmm use heena i think will be best and it is sunnah also
        And slay them wherever ye catch them,and turn them out from where they have Turned you out;for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter;but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque,unless they (first) fight you there;but if they fight you,slay them.Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Comment

Originally posted by alhamdulillah32 View Post
          hmmm use heena i think will be best and it is sunnah also
          Isnt henna a red sort of colour?

Comment

there are varieties i suppose like dark and light...you have to check that out sis by yourself

Comment

Originally posted by TaraO1 View Post
              Isnt henna a red sort of colour?
              yah its a orangy color. if you use it with katam you get brown color

Comment

I never heard anything about it, i've dyed my hair several times.

Comment

I dont want my hair to turn out orange lol wats katam

Ino i never heard anythin of it until recently and it got me thinkin.. Sumthin to do with water not passing down to roots when performin wudhu?

Comment

though its not haram to dye hair just not black to dye ones hair black is haram but we can dye it any color we like. though its better to do the sunna and use henna.

Comment

I dont want my hair to turn out orange lol wats katam

Ino i never heard anythin of it until recently and it got me thinkin.. Sumthin to do with water not passing down to roots when performin wudhu?
                      katam is like henna its a plant that gives a brown dye when you use it with henna. its all natural. and like I said dying hair is not haram. it doesn't block water lol unless you put plastic on your head

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                        katam is like henna its a plant that gives a brown dye when you use it with henna. its all natural. and like I said dying hair is not haram. it doesn't block water lol unless you put plastic on your head
                        Well thats good to no :) lol ino i have herd some silly things reli but better to clarify before doin it
                        Why is dyein the hair black not allowed?

Thanks sis :up:

Comment

Well thats good to no :) lol ino i have herd some silly things reli but better to clarify before doin it
                          Why is dyein the hair black not allowed?

Thanks sis :up:
                          its cuz mu7mmad :saw: said not to.. here is the hadiths

Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah reported that Abu Quhaafah was brought on the day of the conquest of Makkah, and his head and beard were white like "thaghaamah" (a plant whose flowers and fruit are white). The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "Change this with something, but avoid black." (Reported by Muslim, no. 3962).

Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: ‘At the end of time there will be people who will dye their hair black like the crops of pigeons. They will never even smell the fragrance of Paradise." (reported by Imam Ahmad, see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 8153).

It was also reported from the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) that one should change grey hair, using any colour except black. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "The best things with which to change grey hair are henna and ‘katam’ (a plant similar to henna which is used as a dye)." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 1675; he said: This is a saheeh hasan hadith).

Dyeing hair with pure black dye is haram because the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "Avoid black," and because of the threat of punishment reported with regard to this matter. This ruling applies to both men and women.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it permissible to dye parts of the hair such as the ends or the top only?

He replied: If the hair is to be dyed black, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that when he told someone to change his white hair but to avoid black. He said: “Change this white hair but avoid black.” Saheeh Muslim (5476). A stern warning was also narrated for the one who does that, which is when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be people at the end of time who will dye their hair black like the crops of pigeons; they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4212) and al-Nasaa’i (8/138); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (8153). This indicates that it is haraam to change the hair colour to black. As for changing it to other colours, the basic principle is that it is permissible unless it is done in the manner of kaafir women or immoral women, in which case it is haraam for that reason, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4031) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (5/109). End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (11/120).

Comment

Ohhh! JazakAllah for sharin that :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X