Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moroccan Lemon and Coconut Cake Recipe please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroccan Lemon and Coconut Cake Recipe please!

:salams

I had some yummy Moroccan cake yesterday, slightly flavored with coconut and lemon. It was so nice....esp with a nice cup of strong coffee.

It was in cafe, so was pricey for what it was, so I want to bake one at home.

Does anyone have the recipe, or can I bake a plain cake and add lemon juice and coconut?

Would appreciate help!!

:jkk:
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Moroccan Lemon and Coconut Cake Recipe please!

did it look like this?Click image for larger version

Name:	coconut-lemon-cake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	10740653

Comment

Re: Moroccan Lemon and Coconut Cake Recipe please!

I think what you are talking about is Basbousa... Was it like a coconut but crumbly texture and also sweet?

Well if the answer is yes then for sure it is basbousa... Just search it on youtube.

Here is a one link http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F idk if this recipe has lemon but i am sure you could squeeze it somewhere in the recipe.

You could sprinkle coconut ontop or add an almond... I don't know the whole process of this cake but from memories of my mother making it, i believe that after you cook it you have to pour loads of syrup ontop to make it moist as it is very dry cake. Enjoy.
      Bye...

Comment

Working...
      X