Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anti rape underwear.

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
    It should be sheathed, and you'd want some lessons in knife combat.

As someone who takes MMA, we are taught that if we see someone who wields a knife who knows how to use it, we should run away if possible.

Knives are very dangerous in close quarters.
    Running away is by far the most effective and full-proof unarmed knife defence out there. I am trained in using knives and defending against them and every defence is "low percentage" if the person knows what they are doing. Someone that knows what they are doing will quickly know that you have some sort of idea on how to defend against the knife then they'll use that against you. An example of this is would be crashing in on a horizontal swing with a baseball bat is the unarmed response to that attack, if the guy with baseball bat gets the idea you know that defence he will make it look like a horizontal swing, twist his wrist and bring that bat straight down vertically as you crash in (splitting your skull).

Possibly TMI, but yeah run if you can, failing that arm yourself, failing that off line and go all out. On the bright side if you have seen the knife, you've already survived the hardest part of a knife attack.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Anti rape underwear.

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
      Running away is by far the most effective and full-proof unarmed knife defence out there. I am trained in using knives and defending against them and every defence is "low percentage" if the person knows what they are doing. Someone that knows what they are doing will quickly know that you have some sort of idea on how to defend against the knife then they'll use that against you. An example of this is would be crashing in on a horizontal swing with a baseball bat is the unarmed response to that attack, if the guy with baseball bat gets the idea you know that defence he will make it look like a horizontal swing, twist his wrist and bring that bat straight down vertically as you crash in (splitting your skull).

Possibly TMI, but yeah run if you can, failing that arm yourself, failing that off line and go all out. On the bright side if you have seen the knife, you've already survived the hardest part of a knife attack.
      This is a good point.

The assumption our instructor gives us is in a case where we are able to defend ourselves but cornered (ie he drew a knife on you in an elevator is his most common example).

In this case, his first suggestion was to try to take off any article of clothing and wrap it around one arm, to allow you to deflect one blow before you charge through and ensure grip on the weapon hand.

But really knives are still used by the military for a reason, because they are effective.

A guy with a knife just has to slash me a few times and then wait for me to bleed to death.
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
      There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X