• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti rape underwear.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...ape-underwear/

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2013/04/09/2067399/

http://www.voanews.com/content/anti-...t/1637766.html
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Re: Anti rape underwear.

It's possible that rubber gloves could neutralise this plus if the wearer is in an accident of somekind, stabbed, etc and access to their bodies is needed for medical treatement it could be dangerous for the paramedics/etc.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Or you just truly accidentally bump into her and get zapped? She falls...you try to catch her...zap. This just really doesn't seem well thought out to me...kinda like the so called rape-axe. Seems like a decent idea until you start thinking spikes sticking into certain body parts are gonna cause the attacker to beat you to death along with the rape...or in this case frying innocent people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
        It's possible that rubber gloves could neutralise this plus if the wearer is in an accident of somekind, stabbed, etc and access to their bodies is needed for medical treatement it could be dangerous for the paramedics/etc.
        True and what if the garment gets damaged, the person wearing it is at risk.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

A guess they thought of this but if the person is holding the woman and he gets zapped doesn't she also get zapped?
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

This Idea is not free from side-effects .
            Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
            deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by brice View Post
              .kinda like the so called rape-axe. Seems like a decent idea until you start thinking spikes sticking into certain body parts are gonna cause the attacker to beat you to death along with the rape.
              He was probably going to beat her to death anyway, the country it was invented in (south african) is notorious for that. It's better to have it than to not have it, at least he would have to visit a hospital to have it removed, then he'd be caught and imprisoned and other girls would be saved.

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
              A guess they thought of this but if the person is holding the woman and he gets zapped doesn't she also get zapped?
              I saw this and the first thing I thought was "what if it malfunctions and she gets electrocuted". What if she's jogging or something and the sweat sparks an electrical short or something. Not a safe idea, better stick with tasers. They're easier to hide anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                He was probably going to beat her to death anyway, the country it was invented in (south african) is notorious for that. It's better to have it than to not have it, at least he would have to visit a hospital to have it removed, then he'd be caught and imprisoned and other girls would be saved.

I saw this and the first thing I thought was "what if it malfunctions and she gets electrocuted". What if she's jogging or something and the sweat sparks an electrical short or something. Not a safe idea, better stick with tasers. They're easier to hide anyway.
                Or a poisoned dagger.
                If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

I commend the effort and dedication to try and develop something, but I think there will be too many safety issues with this.

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                    Or a poisoned dagger.
                    One might poke themselves with a knife, or have it wrestled away. I wish tasers and pepper spray were legal in more countries, that would make personal safety a whole lot easier! (and public execution for rapists of course)

Comment

The implementation of Al-Islam is the greatest anti-rape deterrent.
                      A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

See I remember when the news about that first came out and the company claims it would have to be removed medically, but being as it's just latex with fierce looking spines (which go only skin deep inside) there's no reason to think the rapist couldn't remove it relatively easily.There would of course be marks though if the authorities had reason to suspect the person of the crime. For this new device there are ways around it too I'm certain, but I'd say the effort is commendable and noble.

Comment

Originally posted by brice View Post
                          See I remember when the news about that first came out and the company claims it would have to be removed medically, but being as it's just latex with fierce looking spines (which go only skin deep inside) there's no reason to think the rapist couldn't remove it relatively easily.There would of course be marks though if the authorities had reason to suspect the person of the crime. For this new device there are ways around it too I'm certain, but I'd say the effort is commendable and noble.
                          What I read on the rapex is that it is hard plastic only covered in latex on the outside, and that the spikes have backwards-facing hooks so that it can't be pulled off without severe injury.

Comment

What I read on the rapex is that it is hard plastic only covered in latex on the outside, and that the spikes have backwards-facing hooks so that it can't be pulled off without severe injury.

True! All it would take would be a good pair of wire cutters or tin snips, cut it in segments, remove one segement at a time. Still there'd be the evidence it was there. Oh, and removing it yourself would likely hurt. I love the idea of both devices. I just see issues.
                            Last edited by brice; 29-06-13, 06:04 AM.

Comment

One might poke themselves with a knife, or have it wrestled away. I wish tasers and pepper spray were legal in more countries, that would make personal safety a whole lot easier! (and public execution for rapists of course)
                              It should be sheathed, and you'd want some lessons in knife combat.

As someone who takes MMA, we are taught that if we see someone who wields a knife who knows how to use it, we should run away if possible.

Knives are very dangerous in close quarters.

Of course this is all for current purposes, inshAllah once the khilafah is re-established a woman shouldn't have to worry about this.
                              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X