Muslim(Hamza) vs athiest Professor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim(Hamza) vs athiest Professor

Some people are saying Hamza did not do a good job speaking.. but mashallah at him for trying to speak up regardless...

it was so weird hearing the prof relating Religion to math.. ..."if you cant do this equation, why talk about what you dont know or havent learned?" <<<<< there arre so many rebuttals for that

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Re: Muslim(Hamza) vs athiest Professor

short version

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

I've seen the short clip before, been interested in watching the full video :jkk: for posting it.

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
      Surah An-Nisa 69-78
      "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

The people who are saying he did a bad job speaking are the atheists lol which is expected of them.

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
        Surah An-Nisa 69-78
        "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

This is pathetic - Pervez Hoodbhoy is not an atheist, and I lost a great deal of respect for Hamza - he has done a lot of great work debating atheists in the UK but when he went to Pakistan and caused such a ruckus and stirred such irrational hatred against one of the very few intellectual voices left in Pakistan it was disgraceful.

Also Hamza actually went so far as imply Hoodbhoy was a kafir by saying he hates the Muslims or is anti-Islam- and for that I have lost a lot of respect. I still admire the work he does here in the UK, but he is not someone I take my Deen from, my fiqh from or anything else. The good work that he does, alhamdullilah, but people should be made aware that when things don't go Hamza's way he has a tendency as we have seen here in this case to make takfir of other Muslims he does not agree with.

This is why Hoodbhoy reacted strongly at the end - in the UK there is no threat to your life if some nutcase Salafi makes takfir of you or implies anything of the sort- in Pakistan, you can get killed because of stupid assertions such as this.

The other side of the argument:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yu0njkYqgFQ

Just for the sake of fairness, Hoodbhoy for his part is a great mind, an intellectual gem in the Muslim world today. He too though has made mistakes, in philosophy he has said things I too have disagreed with. I do not agree with his work on Islam and science either, but I would not accuse him of ''hating the Muslim World''. He can come across condescending at times argument during the debate. But for anyone who follows him in the Pakistani media, he is generally very calm and rational. In this case he was provoked by Hamza making slander against Hoodbhoy.

Calling someone anti-Islam and anti-Muslim in Pakistan is a very very very serious thing - it can end your career, it can destroy your public reputation and so on. It can also provoke a great deal of hostility against you from certain individuals and movements. That is why Hoodbhoy gets so upset - in the UK we don't understand this because here we have human rights legislation, rule of law, impartial courts and a justice system that generally works. In Pakistan, just look at the case of Salmaan Taseer where he was shot in broad day light and we had ''scholars'', certain parts of the media and even some judges praising the actions of the murderer. Pakistan is different from the UK, Hamza should have not made those remarks.

And for fairness sake again, Hamza blatantly lies in the video - he clearly says Hoodbhoy ''hates the Muslim World'' and when Hoodbhoy challenges him on that, he quickly says that he doesn't say it and then changes his mind again!

The IERA guys have done tremendous work - credit where its due - but there are some really big lapses when they debate against other Muslims. Adnan Rashid's attitude towards the Deen Institute is another example of this.
          Last edited by 2nd Reflection; 26-06-13, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I read somewhere hoodbhoy is an ismaili shia..

Comment

If you want a real academic and a real intellectual take Hoodbhoy to task for his philosophical errors then see this video where Dr. Asad Q. Ahmed, a Professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies takes apart his assertions on Islamic history, philosophy and science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th5JSZVWjKE

This is the way to do it - not Hamza's way. Although his intentions were good, his method is inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Reflection View Post
                This is pathetic - Pervez Hoodbhoy is not an atheist, and I lost a great deal of respect for Hamza - he has done a lot of great work debating atheists in the UK but when he went to Pakistan and caused such a ruckus and stirred such irrational hatred against one of the very few intellectual voices left in Pakistan it was disgraceful.

Also Hamza actually went so far as imply Hoodbhoy was a kafir by saying he hates the Muslims or is anti-Islam- and for that I have lost a lot of respect. I still admire the work he does here in the UK, but he is not someone I take my Deen from, my fiqh from or anything else. The good work that he does, alhamdullilah, but people should be made aware that when things don't go Hamza's way he has a tendency as we have seen here in this case to make takfir of other Muslims he does not agree with.

This is why Hoodbhoy reacted strongly at the end - in the UK there is no threat to your life if some nutcase Salafi makes takfir of you or implies anything of the sort- in Pakistan, you can get killed because of stupid assertions such as this.

Just for the sake of fairness, Hoodbhoy for his part is a great mind, an intellectual gem in the Muslim world today. He too though has made mistakes, in philosophy he has said things I too have disagreed with. I do not agree with his work on Islam and science either, but I would not accuse him of ''hating the Muslim World''. He can come across condescending at times argument during the debate. But for anyone who follows him in the Pakistani media, he is generally very calm and rational. In this case he was provoked by Hamza making slander against Hoodbhoy.

Calling someone anti-Islam and anti-Muslim in Pakistan is a very very very serious thing - it can end your career, it can destroy your public reputation and so on. It can also provoke a great deal of hostility against you from certain individuals and movements. That is why Hoodbhoy gets so upset - in the UK we don't understand this because here we have human rights legislation, rule of law, impartial courts and a justice system that generally works. In Pakistan, just look at the case of Salmaan Taseer where he was shot in broad day light and we had ''scholars'', certain parts of the media and even some judges praising the actions of the murderer. Pakistan is different from the UK, Hamza should have not made those remarks.

And for fairness sake again, Hamza blatantly lies in the video - he clearly says Hoodbhoy ''hates the Muslim World'' and when Hoodbhoy challenges him on that, he quickly says that he doesn't say it and then changes his mind again!

The IERA guys have done tremendous work - credit where its due - but there are some really big lapses when they debate against other Muslims. Adnan Rashid's attitude towards the Deen Institute is another example of this.
                Good to see few rational minds in this Islamic Forum!
                [B][COLOR="#0000FF"]For the truth of Islam and answers to the false allegations on Islam . . . . . Go to

[B][url]www.letmeturnthetables.com[/url][/COLOR][/B]

[url]www.call-to-monotheism.com[/url][/B]

Comment

wa iyyakum
                  Originally posted by Fadi View Post
                  I've seen the short clip before, been interested in watching the full video :jkk: for posting it.
                  Originally posted by 2nd Reflection View Post

Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Personally an athiest will be the last one i ever try to convince...cz its really hard to do so.But the efforts Hamz tzortiz puts in making ppl realise about islam is amazing....i ve seen his videos...
                    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Working...
                    X